PDA

View Full Version : quests, tp mats and hp mats

jspacemunkey
Mar 7, 2005, 08:09 PM
a while back i played the switch lottery portion of rappy's holiday to try and obtain tp mats. i collected about 75 of the 375 i wanted before i got completely fed up with the quest. i'm starting again now, but before i spend weeks doing this i figured i might as well see if there's an easier method to obtain tp mats.

1. am i wrong or are rappy's holiday, gallon's roulette and today's rate the only places you can get/win tp mats?

2. where is the tp mat in today's rate? how long does it take to get to that mat while playing solo?

in addition to tp mats, i'm wanting for hp mats. i know i can win hp mats from rappy's holiday and gallon's roulette, but...

3. are there any quests that guarantee finding an hp mat? (similar to the today's rate tp mat.)

4. are there any quests where hp mats can be obtained as a reward? i ask because i seem to remember hearing this a long time ago.

any help is greatly appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2005-03-07 17:10 ]</font>

Sitka
Mar 7, 2005, 09:57 PM
Looking at your sig jspacemunkey, come do a PW4 with Cahill, Paul and myself. We had a weekend a couple ago with 4 yamigarusu's dropping in one morning. 72 Ill Gils gives you lots of chances each run. I've got Sitka Blue D set up with 100 EDK and a frozen shooter which makes the PW4 enjoyable.

On your post, 75 TP mats? That's some doing. I've collected about 12 from those PW4 lucky coin/roulette quests. Haruna got a glich one day where she ended up with 70+ coins after one PW4 run and I've heard of a couple others getting it too. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I sure wouldn't mind.

We could probably snag some HP mats during the PW4s and you're bound to get some at the roulette as well.

Let me know if you're game for the game.

Tycho
Mar 8, 2005, 03:58 AM
On 2005-03-07 17:09, jspacemunkey wrote:
a while back i played the switch lottery portion of rappy's holiday to try and obtain tp mats. i collected about 75 of the 375 i wanted before i got completely fed up with the quest. i'm starting again now, but before i spend weeks doing this i figured i might as well see if there's an easier method to obtain tp mats.

1. am i wrong or are rappy's holiday, gallon's roulette and today's rate the only places you can get/win tp mats?

2. where is the tp mat in today's rate? how long does it take to get to that mat while playing solo?

in addition to tp mats, i'm wanting for hp mats. i know i can win hp mats from rappy's holiday and gallon's roulette, but...

3. are there any quests that guarantee finding an hp mat? (similar to the today's rate tp mat.)

4. are there any quests where hp mats can be obtained as a reward? i ask because i seem to remember hearing this a long time ago.

any help is greatly appreciated.

They aren't guaranteed anywhere. Go for Gallon's Roulette.

jspacemunkey
Mar 8, 2005, 08:26 AM
sitka -- i'd be happy to run pw4 with you all, though i might prefer to use my redria. i'm looking to pick up three or four tripolic shields so she needs more attention than my skyly. i should be free tonight around 10:00 est for a couple runs, if you'll be on. i do seem to have lost your guildcard as well. either tell me where to meet you at 10 est or come look for me in epdote 9.

as for the tp mats, what i did back when i started collecting them, and what i'm doing again now, is play the switch lotto for 4-6 hours per week. it's mind-numbing, but it works.

tycho -- by "they" do you mean hp mats, tp mats or both? if hp mats can't be obtained as a quest reward or what have you, that's not really a big deal. i find enough of them offline to get by. it's just that i want 600 more for my characters, so any additional mats i can snag is definitely a help.

i was under the impression that there was a box in today's rate that always contained a tp mat. am i wrong about this? if i'm not, i really want to know where in the quest that box is and whether it's possible to get it solo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2005-03-08 05:27 ]</font>

rena-ko
Mar 8, 2005, 08:34 AM
rappy switch puzzle as well as the roulette are the only ways to find TP mats.

i myself maxed my fomarl out by doing rappy matsuri over and over again.. prolly took me... 20 hours i think. good thing rab helped me here and there and gave me his loot traded against luck mats.

if youre just for the tp mats, rappy matsuri while watching a (couple of) movie(s) on another tv or so would be the best way.
if youre looking for something else meanwhile, pw quests is the way for you.

anyway, good luck.

Sitka
Mar 8, 2005, 12:03 PM
I'd say PW quests are the way to go.

ID's I have ready to go for PW's: Skyly (Racast), Redria (Fomarl/Hucaseal), Purplenum (Ramarl/Hucast), Whitil (Fonewm), Pinkal (Fonewearl), Yellowboze (Fomar), and Oran Racaseal).

I should be able to start running Viridia, Greenil and Blueful soon - they're all approaching Ultimate (lvls 60, 56 & 36 as of this morning).

Great thing about PW's is that we're averaging 4-6 rares per run and quite often getting those Ill Gil drops. Bad thing is that your mag synch ends up at 0. Also grabbing mats, grinders and discs along the way, so well worth the effort.

I've tried to run it solo a few times - I can't do it. East Tower - no problem. West Tower - a challenge, but I can do it. TTF - doable. RT & PW4 - I cannot do it. With 2 people (1 a force), I can do either of those - but not solo.

I know both Cahill and PhoenixRage want the PW4 runs, so that is my recommendation for those elusive TP/HP mats. BTW, have you tried out the Black Gear yet? I've been using one on my lvl 36 Hucast and it looks very cool.

Tycho
Mar 8, 2005, 12:39 PM
On 2005-03-08 05:34, rena-ko wrote:

if youre just for the tp mats, rappy matsuri while watching a (couple of) movie(s) on another tv or so would be the best way.

So when you're out of Rappy points, you interrupt the movie to do the stupid glowball catching game again? :/

rena-ko
Mar 8, 2005, 12:48 PM
with a bit of luck, you cant run out of points.
and anyway you should always keep a backup set of 50 points at that one rappy (however, if you dc or leave the game, they're gone, so keep them in mind).

jspacemunkey
Mar 8, 2005, 04:14 PM
thanks much everybody. i'm very confused, as i swore that there was a tp mat hidden in today's rate. (i've read that exact thing several times in posts on this site.) anywho, when some of the vets on the site tell you it ain't so, then it ain't so.

sitka -- i'd be very happy to make a ton of pw4 runs. my redria RAcaseal and skyly HUcast should both be able to survive there. maybe tonight we can run a couple times. sadly, i haven't gotten a black gear yet. i've picked up maybe 15 lucky coins total and i've gotten two tp mats, one hp mat and a ton of junk items. so i'd definitely be happy to pick up some extra coins and snag a black gear.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2005-03-08 13:15 ]</font>

rena-ko
Mar 8, 2005, 06:29 PM
ah yes... that quest...
well, you can get a tp mat there... but you need 3 people who dont get one >_> it takes around... half an hour, so it takes 2 hours in total (all four players together) and in that time you could get a couple of tp mats in rappy festival.

so i'd say...

rappy quest is quickest way - especially if several players gamble for them. depending on your luck, one player would get a few TP mats per hour.

getting coins is another thing, half an hour for 4 coins in a 4 player team, which means 16 chances for TP mats per run.

or in that quest you mentioned - 1 TP mat for 4 players per run.
only good point about this would be that its relatively sure to get one per run.

jspacemunkey
Mar 8, 2005, 06:36 PM
ick. i was hoping it was possible to get the today's rate mat solo. gathering four players for one tp mat is useless. so yes, i agree that rappy's holiday is my best bet. last night in about an hour and twenty minutes i obtained 8 hp mats and 11 tp mats from the switch lotto. at that rate, it'll take some time to get all that i want, but at least i'll earn other mats as well.

i'm going to see if i can use my tv's splitscreen feature to watch a dvd while playing the switch lotto. that ought to make things more interesting.