PDA

View Full Version : What the current situation on online now

THE_MERCENARY
Mar 8, 2005, 03:47 AM
how bad is the "hackers fsoding people" i played for a year or two when it got now im thinking i want to get back online whats the population at, when i play all servers were pretty full... and the hackers were just a myth, AND PLEASE tell me that its just a rumor that gc pso would end now seeing how PSU is coming out... i think PSO on GC servers will be up for at least 3 more years

Ryna
Mar 8, 2005, 08:03 AM
In regards to the GC version of the game, there are FSODers running around and the population has started to go down. It is likely that the GC servers will be up for a while still, but I imagine some of the ships will be taken down when PSU arrives. When it does come time to take the GC servers offline, it is likely the US ones will go first.

For more information on this topic, please try Forum Search. This particular topic has come up a lot lately.

Superguppie
Mar 9, 2005, 03:41 AM
Yup. If you still have some friends online you might try it. But if not, I doubt anyone will stay in a lobby long enough for you to get to talk to them. And ofcourse everyone plays in locked teams.
Because of this, new people and returning veterans are having a seriously hard time. And people are leaving over it too...

RedSchwar
Mar 9, 2005, 04:37 PM
For more information on this topic, please try Forum Search. This particular topic has come up a lot lately.

I can't stand people who sit around waiting for a chance to chastize new users.

RicoRoyal
Mar 9, 2005, 05:06 PM
On 2005-03-09 13:37, RedSchwar wrote:

I can't stand people who sit around waiting for a chance to chastize new users.

It's chastise, not chastize. Here's a definition (http://www.webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=chastise). Mind explaining how Ryna politely giving a new user some advice is considered chastising? Ryna advising a new user to use the search option alone was in everyway more useful than your post, which does nothing more than flamebait. Oh, and what's this? Ryna actually provided actual feedback related to the topic of the thread. See that? It's the whole paragraph above the one sentence that seems to have somehow annoyed you.

If Ryna had not put it so politely now, another less considerate user would have said it anyway. It's better that people learn how to use the forum search as new users, as opposed to later on down the road after they have made endless pointless threads (not saying this thread is pointless). "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him how to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." - Lao Tzu

Funny thing about your whole post though is the fact that THE_MERCENARY isn't even a new member. I hope you can stand being wrong, RedSchwar; otherwise, you'll have two things you can't stand in just one thread.

EDIT: a few typos here or there

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RicoRoyal on 2005-03-09 14:11 ]</font>

RedSchwar
Mar 11, 2005, 11:19 AM
I can stand it. I just saw Ryna make some other post in the Ep. 3 forum of a similar nature.

Seems to me he just sits around waiting to grumble at people who make minor infractions. It's silly.

Magician4
Mar 11, 2005, 11:59 AM
Ryna is simply refering others to a good source in the polites way possible. Ryna nice enough to answer questions that have been asked several times, but I am sure it would help if people knew about using forum search.

rena-ko
Mar 11, 2005, 01:14 PM
if youre just posting to insult someone else, then your posts could be considered spam up to flaming.
go on and score a warning for it, will you.

Hrith
Mar 11, 2005, 01:38 PM
I don't know if more polite than Ryna exists, me says you have a few screws loose.

Ryna
Mar 11, 2005, 01:51 PM
I was just helping the poster to locate some additional information on this topic (since there has been a lot of discussion about it lately). Also, I try to help out new users by reminding them of the forum rules when applicable. Now then, shall we get back on topic?

RedSchwar
Mar 11, 2005, 02:34 PM
It appears you win not because you're right, but because you're popular. So whatever.

It's just when you see several posts of this nature, you begin wondering if said poster is a real "stickler for the rules", and you also begin to wonder if they LIVE on the forum.

Forget it. I guess if that's your favorite thing to do, you aren't really breaking any rules, so have at it.

Hrith
Mar 11, 2005, 03:30 PM
On the other hand, you lose because you're wrong.

Dhylec
Mar 11, 2005, 03:43 PM
ok, this is going off-topic & doesn't get any better with the trivial arguement
so before it gets worse.. locked!