PDA

View Full Version : Finally...Why oh Why??

Fanta
Mar 8, 2005, 11:11 AM
I finally was bothered to do Caves last night and desided to run right through...

I got to Dark Falz on Very Hard and bit it with only using 5 Dimates and 2 Difluids. =)

However, I tried ultimate and miss fighting the Bommas. Why the hell did the change so much, into Bartle??

Ice_ryu
Mar 8, 2005, 11:14 AM
Beat the hell out of ya didnt they? To make the game a little more interesting. It gets boring killing the same monsters over and over again. Now you have a choice.

Skorpius
Mar 8, 2005, 11:15 AM
Version 1 of PSODC didn;t have Ultimate mode.
Version 2 of PSODC added Ultimate mode, among other things, and it was created statistically and visually different to give the illusion of more materials than what they were giving.
They retained this aspect of Ultimate mode in Episode 1 & 2.

You miss because your ATA is too low. Get to about 120-130 and you should be fine.

Fanta
Mar 8, 2005, 11:18 AM
I never said I missed.
It ust takes me more than 1 power combo, using Yamato to kill them...each...

My ATA is quite high...whatever it is for Lv 66...=P

TheOneHero
Mar 8, 2005, 11:21 AM
On 2005-03-08 08:18, Fanta wrote:

It ust takes me more than 1 power combo, using Yamato to kill them...each...

No shit. -_-

Where'd the fun be if you killed everything in Ultimate with only one power combo?

Fanta
Mar 8, 2005, 11:28 AM
lol...
Good point...

Its fun just long...

Its weird how everything changed.
Bommas to Bartle
Savage Wolves to Gulgue (??)

etc...
I have only finished Forest 1, had no time, so I wonder what a Hildebear is?? - Anyone??

TheOneHero
Mar 8, 2005, 11:31 AM
Hildebear will become Hildet, and Hildeblue; (rare Hildebear, Normal - Very Hard) Will become a Hildetor.

You can check here for Forest Normal - Ultimate enemy visual changes. (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=325)

All enemy information can be found here. (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?section=Beastiary&op=viewtopsection)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2005-03-08 08:32 ]</font>

Fanta
Mar 8, 2005, 11:33 AM
Hildet nice...
I have heard so much about a Hildetorr...=$

I also believe that the Dragon is Ice in Ultimate...

TheOneHero
Mar 8, 2005, 11:37 AM
On 2005-03-08 08:33, Fanta wrote:

I also believe that the Dragon is Ice in Ultimate...

That is correct.

And a Hildetor is well known for it's awesome power and Megid ability. Not to mention they are so awesome looking:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v339/TheOneHero/PSO/snapshot_260205_104211.png

Neith
Mar 8, 2005, 11:38 AM
Ultimate's much more fun, you actually have a sense of danger.. Hildetorr! Run! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif I like the Bartles more than Booma's anyway. If you think Ult Forest takes a while, Seabed takes ages for me... Your Yamato is a good weapon, but I think you'll probably find something soon to replace it (hopefully something uber rare http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) Dont worry if it takes a few combos to kill them, as you level up, it'll get easier.

This is a lil off topic, so I apologise, but I think a Bartle may be named after the first person to create a multiplayer RPG (was text based, called MUD) Creator was called Richard Bartle..seems a bit of a coincidence?

Fanta
Mar 8, 2005, 11:54 AM
So Hildetorr does Megid instead of Foie...Nice......

Cant wait...
I look forward to kicking ass, you getting ass kicked...

Sitka
Mar 8, 2005, 12:11 PM
Follow-up on UrikoBB3's post, in watching the game credits, I noticed one of the people involved had a last name of Sato ...

Fanta, Ultimate forest on GC is not that hard. Ultimate forest on DC was insane. What a difference between the two.

Now, when you get to caves, those pretty white flowers become yellow and they'll spit something a little more deadly than poison at your humar.

And when you venture over to Episode II, all the techs you used so effectively over in forest don't work anymore.

You're not in Kansas anymore.

Fanta
Mar 8, 2005, 12:18 PM
On 2005-03-08 09:11, Sitka wrote:
Follow-up on UrikoBB3's post, in watching the game credits, I noticed one of the people involved had a last name of Sato ...

Yes I seen a few of them last night after killing Falz =P

Fanta, Ultimate forest on GC is not that hard. Ultimate forest on DC was insane. What a difference between the two.

ok...now I never heard Forest being Hard before...lol

Now, when you get to caves, those pretty white flowers become yellow and they'll spit something a little more deadly than poison at your humar.

Yellow?? - hhmmmm...Ob Lily...Megid *shudder*

And when you venture over to Episode II, all the techs you used so effectively over in forest don't work anymore.

Why not?? - I found some good Lv tech disks in Forest, Lv 18 Barta/ 15 Foie etc...useful...

You're not in Kansas anymore.

Never was...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Fanta on 2005-03-08 09:21 ]</font>

Neith
Mar 8, 2005, 03:21 PM
Just seen your post Sitka. I dont know about Japanese culture, so I'm not sure on this, is Sato a common name? I'm sure ive seen the name in a few games :S I'm wondering if the prefix 'Del' means something? (Delaber, Del Lily, Delbiter, Del Rappy etc) I know no Japanese, so I dont know... Maybe I should start a new thread on this.

Fanta, a lot of stuff can insta-kill you in ultimate, I'd suggest you check guides and forums for the potency of the Megid, for example a Zol Gibbon's megid is laughable, but a Del Lily's is uber. :S

Drayma
Mar 8, 2005, 05:19 PM
They were too lazy to make changes to the audio on the animals in Ultimate. :/

Saffran
Mar 8, 2005, 07:10 PM
Ultimate forest on DC was insane.
Now now... It wasn't that hard. Sure, any weapon short of a Red Weapon missed 90% of the time, but hey, Red Handguns and Red Saber came by the ton...

Fanta, Megid can be quite freaky. Just wait until you see Caves...

Coleslaw
Mar 9, 2005, 06:20 PM
ya im not gonna do ult caves for awhile

Fanta
Mar 10, 2005, 03:30 AM
On 2005-03-08 16:10, Saffran wrote:

Fanta, Megid can be quite freaky. Just wait until you see Caves...

I already did, I find it hard to get past the first room...=$

I also tried Ult Temples and can (with great difficulty) get past the first room and into the second BIG room...

First room has 2 Ob Lilys and an El Rappy, the corridoor has 3 Ob Lilys and the BOIG room has 2 Ob Lilys 2/3 El Rappys and loads of the weird looking things...cant remember the name...

Also, the Sil Dragon is sick, its extremely fast...
I killed it by using Fioe all the time and using the Yamato on its head when it lowers.