PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Heathcliff Flowin

Maridia
Mar 8, 2005, 03:20 PM
Okay, I really didn't know where this fit in as far as specific forums went, so I'm putting it here and I'm sorry if it's wrong.

My sister and I have been trying to do the little trick where you equip a red weapon, make contact with Olga Flow with it, and then return to where you fought him without unequipping it, so you can see Flowin's spirit. First time we did it, I messed it up. Second time, based off what I read in the Miscellanious section, I did exactly what it asked, but it didn't work. I equipped a Red Saber before the battle started, hit both forms of Olga with it, including striking the final blow, didn't remove it once. Then we went back down, and no Flowin.

Is it not possible on Normal mode? Or does it not always work? Is there something wrong with my saber? It was given to me by somebody online, so.. Its legitimacy is a little questionable. It's also been grinded to heck. Even if it was a dupe, would that have an effect on Flowin appearing? People have gotten Rico to appear with Falz, and all of those weapons are dupes, aren't they?

If anyone knows what might be the problem, I'd appreciate any comments. Sorry again if this is in the wrong place. Thanks a lot. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Cynric
Mar 8, 2005, 03:27 PM
Very hard and Ultimate only.

VioletSkye
Mar 8, 2005, 03:31 PM
I'm not 100% sure so take this with a grain of salt, but I thought you needed to be on at least Hard difficulty for it to work. I remember experimenting many moons ago and if I remember correctly I never did get either of them to show up in Normal. Anyway, this is simply my best recollection and is not meant to be expressed as fact.

Maridia
Mar 8, 2005, 04:49 PM
Oh, okay. It didn't say anything about that, so..

Well, damn. I don't think I'm ready to take on VHard ep2 yet, even at over lvl 100. I love that game, but it can be a little intimidating. Damn increased difficulty curve! *shakes fist*

Saiffy
Mar 8, 2005, 05:09 PM
You could always come online and have Kef beat ult Olga for you :wacko:

I myself have just seen Rico and not Flowen because of sheer laziness, I've seen screens of him, been turned into him, nothing else I need to see at all :o

Maridia
Mar 8, 2005, 05:32 PM
Who's Kef?

Sorry, I'm new to the forums (not the site), so I really don't know anybody yet. And I've seen screens and been turned into him too. I just want to see the trick with my own eyes. You know, to add just that little extra bit to the whole PSO experience. ;P

Dhylec
Mar 8, 2005, 05:45 PM
seen?
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=878

Maridia
Mar 8, 2005, 06:05 PM
Yes, I have. It doesn't say that it's any particular mode specific, though. We were just playing around on normal, so no wonder it didn't work even after following the instructions there. Ah well.

Waylander11
Mar 8, 2005, 06:21 PM
i rtied awhile ago offline with my bros i forget diffculty but i dont think you can do it offline it could be online only

Maridia
Mar 8, 2005, 06:38 PM
Oh, it was online. My sister doesn't live here anymore. She's the only person I have to play with. We're both kind of shy and aren't good at seeking new people out on the servers.

Zelutos
Mar 8, 2005, 06:56 PM
FLOWEN not Flowin.

Maridia
Mar 8, 2005, 07:11 PM
Oh my god, you're right. I'm so sorry, normally I catch things like that, and I usually always spell his name right. Ugh, sorry. *smacks forehead*

kazuma56
Mar 8, 2005, 08:39 PM
hmm, a canadian, thought i was the only one.

Maridia
Mar 8, 2005, 09:00 PM
Nope! You're not alone anymore. Hooray for Canada, land of "omg cold".

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 8, 2005, 10:30 PM
If you really want to see FlowEn, beat Ult. Ep.2 offline. You get a nice close up picture of Rico and of flowen, his sword and his MUTTONCHOPS. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Zelutos
Mar 8, 2005, 11:38 PM
On 2005-03-08 17:39, kazuma56 wrote:

Excuse me? I'm Canadian thanks.

Para
Mar 8, 2005, 11:41 PM
On 2005-03-08 20:38, Zelutos wrote:

ditto zelutos http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saiffy
Mar 8, 2005, 11:56 PM
On 2005-03-08 20:41, Nites wrote:

On 2005-03-08 20:38, Zelutos wrote:

ditto zelutos http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Likewise http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Don't be too shy, most people that post here are very nice and will help you out, I know I've gotten help by pretty much everyone on my guild card list http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Although it is kinda hard to find non-asshats since everyone always switches blocks everyday so FSODers don't find us, or something

And again don't be shy to PM someone who is online to ask if they wanna play sometime

metatime
Mar 9, 2005, 01:39 AM
Well I can confirm that you can do it offline if not on VH then on Ultimate. Its been a while but it is a cool site to behold. Perhaps I should get a snap shot of him...

Maridia
Mar 9, 2005, 05:50 AM
Thanks everyone. That's interesting it works offline. Too bad I'm still pretty far away from being able to survive the Ult Seabed. I'd love to see Rico sometime too, but unless I uh.. acquire those Dark Flow weapons, that's not going to happen. I don't have near the right amount of ATP anyway, but they would be fun to play with on my own. I'd never bust them out around people. Those sorts of things are best left to yourself and when you're playing with close friends who don't mind.

And I'd be too afraid of bothering anyone to just PM someone randomly to play. Maybe I'll work the courage up one day. ;P And wow, lots of canadians! Anyone from Manitoba?

On a side note: My two Sato mags with 40 pow and 40 dex are almost ready, and that makes me happy. XD Raising a level 100 mag from scratch as quickly as possible seems to take forever!

Nisshoku
Mar 9, 2005, 11:48 AM
Finally, more Canuckle-heads getting on PSO... *grins*

As for me, I'm like, one of the few people who play PSO online in Atlantic Canada. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Saiffy
Mar 9, 2005, 01:33 PM
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif Winnipeg, Manitoba here Maridia

And BTW Nissh, do you still need RAcast heart? Your sig says you do but I don't know when you've updated it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 9, 2005, 02:04 PM
On 2005-03-09 02:50, Maridia wrote:
unless I uh.. acquire those Dark Flow weapons, that's not going to happen.

Yeh, you ain't gonna aquire [legit] Dark Flow weapons. Some guy in the mag/item/quest has a stick about how you can't find those anymore. I don't understand it, but that guy knows everything. Besides, in order to get them, in case he's wrong, you have to beat flow on ult. Kind of a catch-22.

If this helps, I beat O.flow ult with a lvl 144 HUcast w/ demolition comet, Chain sawd (It didn't help, Red Handgun and either Red Saber or Oritiagito.
I also did it w/ a RAmarl lvl 120 multiple times, w/ Yasminkov 3000R, Final impact, Red Mechgun, and Frozen Shooter. All mentioned weapons were fully grinded.

Maridia
Mar 9, 2005, 03:52 PM
Wow, Saiffwin, I'm from Winnipeg too! That's insane! We should talk more. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

And I don't think I could take on Ult Flow just yet. I'm kind of a careful player, and prefer to go in when I know I'm not going to get myself smashed. I don't even know if I could take on Vhard Flow, but I also haven't tried yet. I'm still kind of running around Ult Forest right now, putting off fighting the Sil Dragon, even though my sister tells me I could probably take it out without any problems. *wussy*

Magician4
Mar 9, 2005, 04:07 PM
The only way to see Flowen is to beat him in Vhard or ult with a red weapon. It is impossible to see Red Ring Rico unless you have a dark weapon(which btw is impossible to get unless its hacked)and hit dark falz with it atleast one time. In order to see Red Ring Rico you must be playing in Vhard or ult.

Didn't know there were so many ppl here that live in Canada.

Coleslaw
Mar 9, 2005, 06:03 PM
you can get a dark weapon without a hack

Saiffy
Mar 9, 2005, 06:15 PM
On 2005-03-09 15:03, Coleslaw wrote:
you can get a dark weapon without a hack

No, you can't.

Ochre
Mar 9, 2005, 09:50 PM
On 2005-03-08 19:30, ViewtifulJoe wrote:
If you really want to see FlowEn, beat Ult. Ep.2 offline. You get a nice close up picture of Rico and of flowen, his sword and his MUTTONCHOPS. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

The only problem is that you almost need to be at level 200 to beat the dang Seabed on Ultimate. Heck, if you're not careful, Those Sinow Zoas can wipe the floor with you on VH if you're around 100-120. Of course, that could just be me. >.>

Yeah, it's probably just me...

Maridia
Mar 9, 2005, 09:58 PM
If you're not careful, the sinows can whoop you on any mode. My sister and I were playing around in the Seabed on normal, and I saw her get frozen and about four of them punched the crap out of her, killing her. I laughed and went "Oops, better fix her" and as I was going for my Moonies, *I* got frozen and pwned. Needless to say, my laughter, as well as my outrage was boundless. I lost like, 500k for that little messup!

Oh, and we didn't have a telepipe in the area, so I ran all the way across the seabed for revenge, only to get frozen and killed again. They're vicious when you start getting cocky. And I was almost level 100 at that point! Hm, maybe it was hard mode, but still.. I can't even imagine them on Ultimate. It truely boggles the mind. D:

Eihwaz
Mar 10, 2005, 12:44 AM
When I still lived in California, a friend and I once decided to go see Rico. He made a Dark Meteor, and we took my FOnewm (I think) and his RAmar through VHard Ruins, and into the fight with Falz. After 0wning him, we came back to the arena.

I knew we had done it right, Rose Confession (kinda sad piano song) had started playing. And there she was, sitting on the monument, with a slight smile on her face, kicking her feet and staring into the blue sky. We watched her for a minute, and got closer. Eventually, we were right next to her. I stepped too close...and she faded away.

It was awesome. Any PSO player should do it sometime.

Saiffy
Mar 10, 2005, 12:54 AM
On 2005-03-09 18:58, Maridia wrote:
If you're not careful, the sinows can whoop you on any mode. My sister and I were playing around in the Seabed on normal, and I saw her get frozen and about four of them punched the crap out of her, killing her. I laughed and went "Oops, better fix her" and as I was going for my Moonies, *I* got frozen and pwned. Needless to say, my laughter, as well as my outrage was boundless. I lost like, 500k for that little messup!

Oh, and we didn't have a telepipe in the area, so I ran all the way across the seabed for revenge, only to get frozen and killed again. They're vicious when you start getting cocky. And I was almost level 100 at that point! Hm, maybe it was hard mode, but still.. I can't even imagine them on Ultimate. It truely boggles the mind. D:

Seabed without 3 people online is pure madness asking for trouble

I love it XD

Can't wait to play again really, although I'm still Electro Frameless and Standstill shieldless >_<

Maridia
Mar 10, 2005, 05:45 AM
Oh wow, that's where Rose Confession is from? I'd say it's more beautiful and jazzy than sad. It was always just a gorgeous song to me. Does that mean "Leavin' Flow" is from when Flowen appears? Well, that makes sense. I was actually going to post someday and ask about those songs, as I've never been able to find them in the game, and they're gorgeous. Thought maybe they were from a quest I hadn't done, finished or missed. Maybe Seat of the Heart, since they're both so pretty and that quest is really dramatic, and stuff. Thanks a lot for clearing that up. ^_^

Maridia
Mar 10, 2005, 05:49 AM
And don't complain, Kitty's section ID can't seem to find jack squat in nice armors and she's the only one strong enough to go after anything. I've outgrown the armor shop. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

And yeah, I'm absolutely in love with the Seabed. Especially that one room with the huge windows and the waterfall. That entire place, music included, is just great. I'm a sucker for water/ice/snow/winter areas or music of any kind.

Ice_ryu
Mar 10, 2005, 08:02 AM
If your up to it we can go smack up Olga tonight in V.hard more. Its kinda easy even just for two people. Anyone interested in making it happen tonight and see flow. PM me. I will be on a large portion of the evening. 5 or six my time. 5 most likely.

Maridia
Mar 10, 2005, 11:44 PM
Well, we did it! And it was awesome. And we totally rocked. Oh yeah.

Also: Suddenly coming downstairs to hear the Burning Rangers music coming out of your tv, when you've never heard it before and weren't expecting it, then having it play throughout all of ruins 2, is.. hilarious. XD

Thanks, Daniel and Ochre. It was a blast.

Ice_ryu
Mar 11, 2005, 08:19 AM
Freaking Burning Rangers theme song... I woke up this morning with it in my brain. leave my brain....... please....

But yes that was fun...