PDA

View Full Version : Doom, the movie?

Nicktendonick
Mar 9, 2005, 07:56 AM
Recently, I herd that the game Doom (the world's first bloody FPS) will be made into a movie. And whats more is that the Rock will star in it.

I was shocked when I herd this. What do you think will happen?

Deathscythealpha
Mar 9, 2005, 08:28 AM
I think the movie will join the Legions of Hell and mock us.

Last thing I heard about this movie was that it wasnt going to be set on Mars, there will be no demons from hell and the BFG is now the Bio Force Gun.

I think this movie will literally shit on my childhood gaming experiances.

Neith
Mar 9, 2005, 08:49 AM
Im not a big doom fan anyway, so im not too bothered, but there's one problem I have with it. The Rock. Of all the 'actors/actresses' they picked him? Pleugh. It'll be biggish with wrestling fans, and hardcore Doom players, but cant see it being too good personally. Game movies tend to be teh suck, look at Mortal Kombat and Tomb Raider... I heard there's gonna be a Halo movie too, they better not ruin Master Chief.

Scrub
Mar 9, 2005, 08:58 AM
On 2005-03-09 05:49, UrikoBB3 wrote:
I heard there's gonna be a Halo movie too, they better not ruin Master Chief.

Yea, he's SO cool with lines like "I need a weapon." and "Boo." >___>

All video game movies ever suck.

Dek
Mar 9, 2005, 09:07 AM
On 2005-03-09 05:28, Deathscythealpha wrote:
I think the movie will join the Legions of Hell and mock us.

Fixed it a little http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

But its so sad to know that, even after the Mario Bros. movie, directors have STILL not learned that Adaptations are horrible because they can never get the entire thing accurate.

tank1
Mar 9, 2005, 09:25 AM
WTF!!! the Rock better not be in it or those directors are shitting over the best fps of all time.
Ive got a bad feeling that this will be like the Judge Dredd movie and the directors will try to stuff to much into the movie and ultimately ruin it but i hope theyll be a cyber demon.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 9, 2005, 10:01 AM
On 2005-03-09 06:25, tank1 wrote:
WTF!!! the Rock better not be in it

He's definately in it, they have actually finished filming and the movie has gone into post production. As he explains, he plays 'The Ultimate Bad Guy'.

tank1
Mar 9, 2005, 10:11 AM
Great my faith in hollywood directors has hit a new low.

SpikeOtacon
Mar 9, 2005, 01:30 PM
I look for it to flop and go straight to video.

Outrider
Mar 9, 2005, 01:58 PM
On 2005-03-09 07:01, Deathscythealpha wrote:

He's definately in it, they have actually finished filming and the movie has gone into post production. As he explains, he plays 'The Ultimate Bad Guy'.

He doesn't play the main character... I'm pretty sure he's a general or something.

I've actually found the Rock to be a decent actor, but I'm mostly basing it off of that one SNL episode he hosted with the Nicotrel and Superman skits.

At least he's better than Vin Diesel.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 9, 2005, 02:56 PM
On 2005-03-09 10:58, Outrider wrote:

On 2005-03-09 07:01, Deathscythealpha wrote:

He doesn't play the main character... I'm pretty sure he's a general or something.

He's in he same squad as the Lead Character, but the Rock has been qouted on several occassions that in the Doom movie he will be playing 'The Ultimate Badguy'.

BOC
Mar 9, 2005, 05:06 PM
On 2005-03-09 04:56, Nicktendonick wrote:
Recently, I herd that the game Doom (the world's first bloody FPS) will be made into a movie. And whats more is that the Rock will star in it.

I was shocked when I herd this. What do you think will happen?

actually, wolfenstien 3d came before doom. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif just doom is more popular http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and your only hearing about that now? jesus they've been talking about this movie since the FIRST game. but they kinda abandoned the idea until doom 3 was announced.

but im not worried about the rock been in it. he ain't all that bad. as long as he is playing an un-taxing role. but the film will suck. its just how it goes, hollywood will always fuck up game based movies.

though to be fair, i rather enjoyed resident evil 2. zombie killing and heavy metal. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

the rock was supposed to be playing duke nukem too. and i heard a rumour that vin disel will play master chief.

but the ultimate insult is a rumour i heard about 2 years ago that eminem was going to be playing jc or paul denton in the deus ex movie. But as i said. Rumour.

PEACE!!!

Allos
Mar 9, 2005, 06:53 PM
The producers have been pushing for the PG-13 rating on it too. Bet that doesn't put any of you in a better mood!

And the news on Halo is that Microsoft hired Alex Garland (writer of 28 Days Later) to write various drafts for a Halo script. Microsoft would then shop it around to various studios to see who gives them the best deal.

_Ted_
Mar 9, 2005, 07:37 PM
http://img.penny-arcade.com/2004/20041208l.jpg

PA's already hit on this one.

They'll probably screw it up, but hey, it's their multi-million dollar loss, not ours.

Shattered_weasel
Mar 9, 2005, 08:30 PM
Let's just hope it will be as good as the "Doom" comic book.

http://www.doomworld.com/10years/doomcomic/comic.php?page=2

That was sarcasim if you couldn't catch that.

Outrider
Mar 9, 2005, 08:42 PM
The thing that worries me about the Halo movie is that I don't know how much sway Bungie is going to have over it. I mean, these guys are hardcore into their storyline. They have a friggin' "Halo Bible" that contains the whole storyline for the series.

And y'know, the transition from Berserker to normal was kinda cool in that Doom comic... if only the character didn't really seem to change afterwards.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 9, 2005, 09:31 PM
Ah, the classic Doom comic. I found it in the 10p Bin at my local comic shop about a month ago. The berzerker scene was funny, then the comic turned into early 90's pap.

Halo movie rumours im very suspect of, as Bungie said they would only allow a movie to be made if Ridley Scott directed and they got Samuel L Jackson to play Sgt Johnson. I really couldnt see those two being roped into a movie like this, but if they did it would probably be a fantastic movie.

And I heard those Eminem/JC Denton rumours a few years back too, thank god that didnt happen!

Outrider
Mar 9, 2005, 09:51 PM
On 2005-03-09 18:31, Deathscythealpha wrote:
Halo movie rumours im very suspect of, as Bungie said they would only allow a movie to be made if Ridley Scott directed and they got Samuel L Jackson to play Sgt Johnson. I really couldnt see those two being roped into a movie like this, but if they did it would probably be a fantastic movie.

I dunno, man. Samuel L. Jackson is a huge geek. I could see him doing it. (I keep remembering this documentary I saw in class about Isaac Hayes where they interviewed Jackson because of the new Shaft movie that was coming out... and he was wearing an Episode I t-shirt. Nothing nice - just one of those cheap ones you could probably guy in a Walmart or something. I thought it was funny.)

And wow, he would be awesome as Johnson.

Hrigg
Mar 9, 2005, 10:14 PM
On 2005-03-09 10:30, SpikeOtacon wrote:
I look for it to flop and go straight to video.

I second that. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Shattered_weasel
Mar 10, 2005, 02:45 PM
Here is a pic of the movie.

http://www.bereitsgesehen.de/doombild.htm

If Ted's pic is this one sorry. Can;t see the pic Ted posted.

Allos
Mar 10, 2005, 05:01 PM
On 2005-03-09 18:51, Outrider wrote:

On 2005-03-09 18:31, Deathscythealpha wrote:

I dunno, man. Samuel L. Jackson is a huge geek. I could see him doing it. (I keep remembering this documentary I saw in class about Isaac Hayes where they interviewed Jackson because of the new Shaft movie that was coming out... and he was wearing an Episode I t-shirt. Nothing nice - just one of those cheap ones you could probably guy in a Walmart or something. I thought it was funny.)

And wow, he would be awesome as Johnson.

Those rumors were proven false actually.

Did anyone read my earlier post???

Deathscythealpha
Mar 10, 2005, 05:12 PM
On 2005-03-10 14:01, Allos wrote:

Those rumors were proven false actually.

Did anyone read my earlier post???

Yeah, I did, thats why I commented on it. I didnt say they did have Samuel L and Ridley Scott, but that thats who Bungie would want. In a way Bungie were saying that it was unlikely that those two would work on the film so there wouldnt be one, just the way they want it. Seeing as so many Game Movies suck im not surprised that they dont want their brand tarnished by a second rate film.

So im sceptable(sp?) about anything that comes out refering to a Halo movie as it seems bungie just doesnt want one made.

BOC
Mar 11, 2005, 09:40 AM
only other person id like to play johnson other than the always amazing mr jackson would be the guy who played apone in aliens.

because lets face it, thats the guy johnson was based off!

though hes probably over the hill now...

and i c grass in that piccie of the doom movie. not a good sign. oh and don't they look all heroic in their stance? BLEAH!!!

i try not to judge things by simple screenshots or small clips, but that photo just screams 'kiddie friendly half-baked summer blockbuster - which isn't really a blockbuster. just a block. of shit.'

PEACE!!!

PEACE!!!

KaFKa
Mar 11, 2005, 11:03 AM
On 2005-03-10 11:45, Shattered_weasel wrote:
http://www.bereitsgesehen.de/doombild.htm

the movie will flop horribly and force me to uninstall doom from my computer.

tis a sad day when that movie comes out.

GuerillaPimp
Mar 11, 2005, 12:39 PM
of all the games on the market, i think Splinter Cell is probably the most convertible from game to movie. Well IMO anyways

Allos
Mar 11, 2005, 05:13 PM
Guess what folks! Uwe Boll is directing the Far Cry Movie as well as Bloodrayne! I bet EVERYONE's happy about that!

Outrider
Mar 11, 2005, 05:48 PM
On 2005-03-11 14:13, Allos wrote:
Guess what folks! Uwe Boll is directing the Far Cry Movie as well as Bloodrayne! I bet EVERYONE's happy about that!

Yeah, that's been known for a while.

But uh... does anybody even care about a Bloodrayne movie? I didn't realize that was was a big franchise among gamers.

Allos
Mar 11, 2005, 07:25 PM
On 2005-03-11 14:48, Outrider wrote:

Yeah, that's been known for a while.

But uh... does anybody even care about a Bloodrayne movie? I didn't realize that was was a big franchise among gamers.

I have no idea about Bloodrayne. I just brought it up because not many people here tend to know much about upcoming films with the exception of big blockbusters.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 12, 2005, 04:37 AM
http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/556/556768p1.html?fromint=1

Weep as you read about the shit Uwe Bowl and other directors are pumping out. Its not the most up to date list, but it gives you an overview of what has been optioned.

The only way a Sims movie could work is if it really takes a dig at itself and set up in a Trueman Show style.

Outrider
Mar 12, 2005, 12:52 PM
PAC-MAN!?

Dude, I am so seeing a Pac-Man movie.

How in the world are there so many movies based off of games that aren't even out yet?

Eihwaz
Mar 12, 2005, 12:57 PM
How the fuck can you have a movie based on Pac Man? I mean, damn. @_@

Deathscythealpha
Mar 12, 2005, 04:10 PM
On 2005-03-12 09:52, Outrider wrote:

How in the world are there so many movies based off of games that aren't even out yet?

Because:

A) They've only been liscenced, so the owners of the liscence are waiting for a good script to be finished or are just holding onto it.

B) Theres a script up and ready, but no actors/director to make the film.

C) The film is actually in production right now, but they're being hush hush about it.

D) Some fool picked up the stupidest game ever to be mad einto a film and now is in hiding (see Pac-man, the Sims and Crazy Taxi)

Outrider
Mar 12, 2005, 05:20 PM
On 2005-03-12 13:10, Deathscythealpha wrote:

On 2005-03-12 09:52, Outrider wrote:

Because:

A) They've only been liscenced, so the owners of the liscence are waiting for a good script to be finished or are just holding onto it.

B) Theres a script up and ready, but no actors/director to make the film.

C) The film is actually in production right now, but they're being hush hush about it.

D) Some fool picked up the stupidest game ever to be mad einto a film and now is in hiding (see Pac-man, the Sims and Crazy Taxi)

Err... rather, I meant to ask why so many games that don't even exist yet are having movies made of them?

For instance - Darkwatch, Area 51, Death Jr, etc.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 13, 2005, 01:23 PM
On 2005-03-12 14:20, Outrider wrote:

Err... rather, I meant to ask why so many games that don't even exist yet are having movies made of them?

For instance - Darkwatch, Area 51, Death Jr, etc.

Oh right. Hmm, dunno what Darkwatch is, but I know David Ducov...Xfiles guy (silly name) is voice the lead of Area51 so its probably some tie in with that. Theres also a nagging feeling in the back of my mind that Death Jr was some sort of comic book before hand, so all I can guess at is cross-pollinisation has reared its head there.

BOC
Mar 15, 2005, 07:45 AM
On 2005-03-12 01:37, Deathscythealpha wrote:
weep as you read about the shit Uwe Bowl and other directors are pumping out.

uwe bowl is demonic in all senses of the word. i mean just look at him.

http://www.ihmagazine.it/imgarticoli/interviste/intervista_uwe_boll/mask4.jpg

and believe it or not the guy on the right is the more sweet smelling and less likely to steal the shit outa yer arse, film it, call it house of the dead and then try and profit from it.

only game 2 film i think would remotely work would be a 3 parter based on baldurs gate (pc version). And only if i got to do casting. I've already thought up the best people for each role....

but lets face it they'd fuck that up too.

PEACE!!!