PDA

View Full Version : Hm.. Can't renew HL

Saiffy
Mar 9, 2005, 07:14 PM
Can't seem to renew my HL, since my serial number and access key aren't showing up, I've checked the episode 3 site too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Saiff/hm.jpg
Note: I tried it on Internet Explorer too, so it's not that it hates Firefox

Now the only thing I can think of is it is attempting to automatically renew, but my HL went down Sunday so it would have to be pretty slow at that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Not in much of a rush to get back online, just wanna see if anyone knows an answer.

Trying via GC doesn't show it either before you point that out http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I would normally just figure this out, but I am going out soon and don't have time http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Graptakular83
Mar 12, 2005, 09:29 PM
Hmm, so im not the only one eh? My problem is different tho, i can acess my account and everything. My license expired on Friday night, and i was surprised that it didnt renew automatically. In my case, it told me that it was waiting for a confirmation. Then i tried cancelling and renewing my license, now it says theres an error processing the request, wtf???!!!

Skorpius
Mar 12, 2005, 10:06 PM
All three of mine are showing up http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Call Sega.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-03-12 19:06 ]</font>

Saiffy
Mar 12, 2005, 10:52 PM
Yeah. Well... I did phone Sega awhile ago. It seems they are having trouble with their registration server. No one can create, renew or cancel an account.

I got an e-mail saying it's fixed but still am getting errors on the last step of registration >_>

Targhan
Mar 13, 2005, 02:17 PM
Getting a simular issue here,
(No.116)
The experation date of the HUNTERS LICENSE cuts.

Please buy the Hunters License from the website newly.

PRESS START.

I've tried changing CC's to no evail, and hope it's cleared up soon. This is aggrivating since I've finally convinced an out-of-state friend of mine to join me online http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Rageous
Mar 13, 2005, 09:19 PM
(No.116)

PRESS START.

Im getting this aswell...and this account has been renewing itself fine for like 2 years ;_;

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 14, 2005, 08:56 AM
You know I had recieved something about a new system possibly going up, something called an unlimited account...but I really wasn't sure what was going to happen. I'll post more when I know more information.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 14, 2005, 12:32 PM
On 2005-03-13 18:19, Rageous wrote:

(No.116)

PRESS START.

Im getting this aswell...and this account has been renewing itself fine for like 2 years ;_;

Same here, since October 11 2003. This is the first time my HL has ever been inactive... sucks so much...

Seems that Sega doesnt even want our money, call me dumb, but that is just plain stupid.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 14, 2005, 12:52 PM
Ok I got a chance to look again, and in the last message I recieved i found this

{Update of Current License of Hunter}
Players with unlimited License of Hunter will have account restored for game play on March <water> 27. Check current License of Hunter for new licensing number unlimited entry.

I thought this had something to do with any and all banned accounts, but I guess not. So I guess at this point, accounts won't be fixed until the 27th. They're either putting in a new system, or something else is going on.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 14, 2005, 12:52 PM
whoops double post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-03-14 10:08 ]</font>

Saiffy
Mar 14, 2005, 12:54 PM
On 2005-03-14 09:52, Jonathan_F wrote:
Ok I got a chance to look again, and in the last message I recieved i found this

{Update of Current License of Hunter}
Players with unlimited License of Hunter will have account restored for game play on March <water> 27. Check current License of Hunter for new licensing number unlimited entry.

I thought this had something to do with any and all banned accounts, but I guess not. So I guess at this point, accounts won't be fixed until the 27th. They're either putting in a new system, or something else is going on.

Damn, damnm, damn, DAMN!

Well thanks for the info Jon, as always we appreciate it

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 14, 2005, 12:56 PM
...You know if I was marketing a new game. I'd use this as the perfect excuse to do a beta test. Just a thought...

edit: I won't be posting this until I can confirm that this is what's going on. I've sent a message to Armion asking what's going on.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jonathan_F on 2005-03-14 10:04 ]</font>

Targhan
Mar 14, 2005, 01:38 PM
I still see the same error online "expiration cuts" error no. 116. I tried to renew my account manually via the website and it gives an "unknown error please try again later" statement.

After checking on the sega of america boards, it seems as if there are a few threads there also about people not being able to renew or create new accounts for PSO. This is quite perplexing.

I don't know what to think about an "unlimited licence," but I would like to be able to get back online.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 14, 2005, 01:53 PM
This may also be part of ST's new strategy against hackers and such.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 14, 2005, 02:08 PM
Its not so much that Im missing the quests or whatnot. What saddens me is the loss of not been able to play with my friends. That just really sucks.

What also irks me is the lack of notification. I mean, if I knew "something" really I wouldnt be worrying so much about it.

A simple email, a posted comment, ANYTHING. Not all this cloak and dagger approach. Just leaves too many damn questions and no answers.

If your going to shut down the servers, for whatever reasosn, TELL US. Shees, gives us something to gnaw on. I do not like the feel of things, reminds me too much of Dreamcast days.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 14, 2005, 03:22 PM
They have responded saying technical problems, so it could simply be that the server crashed or something.

adamgnome104
Mar 14, 2005, 05:16 PM
The DAY before this happened I was talking to my dad saying I was going to get it renewed.

*anime sweat drop*

Nuclearranger
Mar 14, 2005, 06:17 PM
Dang i was gona get a new pso person online but eh hes gona have to w8

HEY WHATS UP WITH THE PSM WEBSITE IT WONT COME UP NEMORE

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 14, 2005, 06:57 PM
Check out the new URL in my sig. My old host abandoned me.

Graptakular83
Mar 15, 2005, 02:40 AM
So its officail that the registration server is down...just my luck my license needed to be renewed the day this happens. Looks, like ill have to wait even longer for finishing up MA2, candy quests, heart key stuff......

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 15, 2005, 08:04 AM
The billing site is being updated, so some problems with renewing and new sign-ups are happening. It will be fixed shortly. (Those with active Hunter's Licenses won't have any problems, as the auto renew is still active unless you cancel your account.)

I dunno about that, after the posts I've seen here I think auto renew is broken as well. I'll pass that along to armion.

adamgnome104
Mar 15, 2005, 11:37 AM
On 2005-03-09 16:14, Saiffwin wrote:
Can't seem to renew my HL, since my serial number and access key aren't showing up, I've checked the episode 3 site too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/Saiff/hm.jpg
Note: I tried it on Internet Explorer too, so it's not that it hates Firefox

Now the only thing I can think of is it is attempting to automatically renew, but my HL went down Sunday so it would have to be pretty slow at that http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Not in much of a rush to get back online, just wanna see if anyone knows an answer.

Trying via GC doesn't show it either before you point that out http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I would normally just figure this out, but I am going out soon and don't have time http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

That's weird, my serial number shows up on mine. I just don't know what to put for the authorization thing. X_x

I guess I'll have to wait until my dad comes home.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adamgnome104 on 2005-03-15 08:38 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Mar 15, 2005, 08:13 PM
Well, so far I have been unable to renew my HL since Sunday. It seemed like it was about to do renew today, but unfortunately I got the same image Ive come to hate:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/Furankunichan/error.jpg

adamgnome104
Mar 15, 2005, 09:20 PM
I hate it too. >_>

Targhan
Mar 16, 2005, 12:44 AM
Yup, that's the screen... Still seeing it here this evening too.

Since someone of Sega chimed in on the sega.com boards, we can hope for the best. From personal experience (well with portals, databases, etc), I can verify that whoever is "working on it" is probably missing a few handfuls of hair about now--regardless of the root cause.

Nirvan
Mar 16, 2005, 01:52 PM
I cant make a HL on My xbox either.

Sitka
Mar 16, 2005, 03:05 PM
This is actually good news to me.

Pathetic really.

I was beginning to feel like the village idiot because I couldn't get my HL purchase to go through. I even purchased a brand new disc, thinking that was the problem.

I've been mailing folks letting them know that I was going to try to get online, then the next day, then the next day ... and so on.

At least I know that I'm not the only one having this problem. Okay, I can be patient.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 16, 2005, 04:35 PM
Wow, I guess they dont want our money. I never thought it would take them this long to try and fix the problem. I wonder if they are even trying to do so.

They better come up with some type of compensation, like a new weapon or something.

This is ridiculous.

adamgnome104
Mar 16, 2005, 04:41 PM
OMFG!

They fixed it! *does a happy dance*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: adamgnome104 on 2005-03-16 16:32 ]</font>

Nirvan
Mar 16, 2005, 11:19 PM
XboX can't let me buy new HL because of problem #406...

Graptakular83
Mar 17, 2005, 07:57 AM
yep, its fixed now, time to back onl....

(oh hell, calculus midterm...so THATS why im up at 4 am!)

Scejntjynahl
Mar 17, 2005, 05:43 PM
Thank you for e-mailing Sega Technical Support. We apologize for the recent PSO billing server downtime as we worked on the billing server over the past several business days. However, as of Thursday, March 17th, the billing server should be readily accessible. If you continue to have trouble accessing your account through normal means, please contact customer support at: (716) 650-6701. Select the following options: For help with Phantasy Star Online press 2, For Information about signing up, reactivating, or canceling your account press 3, For information about canceling or reactivating your Account press 2, then press 0 to speak to a Sega Representative. Live Representatives are available
Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:30 pm Pacific Time.

I received this email last night. GCN is fixed, I have no idea for Xbox though.

Scejntjynahl

Powerman00
Mar 19, 2005, 02:06 AM
I can't renew my HL with my xbox
somebody knows why???

DarkLightning
May 3, 2006, 11:59 AM
this is DarkLightning in the year 2006 having had the same problem as Targhan FOmarl 30 day ago wondering if its still a probemo