PDA

View Full Version : EP4: Storyline

Tancient
Mar 11, 2005, 04:09 AM
First off, most of the Japanese are treating this as a side-story with the episode 1/2. Basically, its somewhere inbetween. Before Kireek goes insane, before Falz is dead. Episode 2 is along the same lines (Shortly after Caves, just into Mines with Elly Person)

(9-1) Searching for the search team.

"We had you come here because of the emergency that has happened; do you know the crater made by the meteor? If you know, there is no problem
we cant find the search team that went to the crater and we cant get in contact with them so we want you to see if they are safe and to tell what is going on in the crater surroundings. We have set the teleporter to the east route, please be careful,"

Sue:
"what do you want hunter from pioneer 2? ....hmmm what am i doing here? It doesn`t matter to you."

Kireek:
"have you gotten stronger? You look a little stronger. Anyways, the WORKS finally started moving just as that woman said."

Karen:
"Hunters....? You guys! This is restricted by the military, if you dont need anything get out immediately."

At the end of the quest there is a small cutscene with Sue and Kireek:
Sue: I knew it. Just as that woman said.
Kireek: Yeah....I guess.......
Sue: You're worrying about those kids?
.....The wind has become much stronger. I don't want them to search further about it, because next time...I cannot leave them alone.

(9-2) Plan: Retrieve the search data
"recently we heard the search teams not from the goverment has lost their search data due to the attack of enemies. Also, the search team has asked for extra help. The military also sent a rescue team but, before the military comes and blocks the area, we want you to take the data. Of course we want you to also help the search team. We need the data immediately before it gets sealed by the military. This has been said to other hunters too.
This time we go from the west gate, please be safe....."

Ash:
"Oh, aren't you the hunter that helped me from the request of Cid? I havent said thanks since then. But that beside, I've seen many hunters from the government."

Bernie:
"Have you come to search for the data? The only thing left is to open the laser fence. I will do that for you."

Rupika:
"Oh geez! There is, like, no more enemies left! Bernie is just being lazy and slow, so I couldn't show my strength. Ah, but I see that you haven't opened here yet. I will open it."

Computer:
"logging in...login finished...accessing data...downloading data...download complete."

(9-3)
"This quest is going towards the crater by using the southgate. This is what the head of the search team was using. We think that you have already seen them, but we found new enemies so please help the search team and make the route safe."

Ash:
"I guess luck doesn't help...I went the wrong way."

Bernie:
"Oh, nice timing. Have you seen a purple FOnewearl? ....Do you know a HUcast thats purple? I'm not talking about that dangerous guy. Well, its ok if you haven't seen her, sorry for asking."

Giriam(RAcast):
"From this point on, this place is under restriction."

(9-4)
"i want to get into the main quest but before that i have a question. Do you know Leo Grahurt and Rupika? You know them? Thats good because.... Leo took the girl and disappeared, and we cannot find them. This quest is to find them. Right now we don`t know what his objective is but him being the head of WORKS 32nd team, is trying to make an unnoticable move. We found out that they're in the crater right now so we have the north gate open which is closest to the inner crater. Now this is a top secret quest. please don`t tell this to anyone."

Kireek:
"These enemies are weak. Well, put that aside, the WORKS are moving agressively."

At gate:
Guard A: What is a hunter doing here? You want to pass here? I'm currently low on meseta. If you give me xxxx I'll open it.
Guard B: Sir thats not good...
Guard A: You, shut up. They picked me to stay here and I'm tired. I don't want him being my leader. So, what are you going to do?

Bernie:
"its because i wasnt looking at rupika for a moment...but why with leo? Anyways i dont know what he is gonna do so i have to get her back."

Ash:
"Oh, its you. I almost had them..."

Karen:
"This movement has some kind of reason. What happened to my father? Being with a little girl like her.

Leo cutscene at end:
Leo: Annoying little brats following me.
Rupika: Why? Why me?
Leo: You don't need to know. No, you will know even if you don't want to. Noone is going to stop me, not even Kalen. Its very close...very close.

(9-5) The Chosen One (Part one)
"Rupika has been found underground, taken by Leo. This quest is to take Rupika back from Leo. His objective is unknown, but from knowing he went down, there might be something there. Now we fixed the teleporter but right now the system isnt working well. We couldnt set the teleporter to the right place so we will set it at inner crater. Go under from there and get Rupika back."

Ash:
"Finally it looks like the teleporter has been fixed. I've seen a few people go down. I wonder whats down there?"

Soldier:
"Where has our leader gone? Is it something related to the meteor?"

Kireek:
"....oh no, its nothing."

Soldier:
"What are the hunters doing here?!"

Montague:
"Why am I here? That is...(snicker) I wanted to see the place where the meteor fell."

Elenor:
"Umm....yes...do you remember me?....Are you and your mag doing well? I'm doing very well. Today umm...I'm helping the master and I came to help the future!"

Bernie:
"Hey, have you found anything? If I knew this was gonna happen, I would never have left her alone."

Leo cutscene:
Leo: Damn, there was someone in front of me. Being with a little girl slowed us down...I'm not a good guy to be chased by.
Kireek: I could have caught up any time but I didn't want people to see. I don't care about that. I'm going to get the girl back.
Leo: Shut up, government's dog. You don't need her. Do you even know what this girl is? I've been looked down on by WORKS. What can you do alone?
Kireek: I don't want to answer the first question. I just want the girl back. The second question..You're not gonna know unless you try. Hehehe...
Leo: You scum. Then I'll see what you can do alone.
Kireek: Sue!
Sue: Too bad he wasn't alone. Hehe, if you guys aren't paying attention, this project doesn't seem big. I'm going to take her.
Leo: You theif! What are you guys doing? Get her!
Sue: Kireek, in the special place.
Kireek: Ok, now our mission is done.
Leo: We came this far and now things are messed up. Oh well. I knew things like this would happen so I set up a back-up plan. Bwahaha. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sue and Rupika:
Sue: I think this is far enough. Are you hurt?
Rupika: Who are you?
Sue: I guess its not your fault for not remembering.

Montague end cutscene:
Montague: Oh, its you. You're chasing Rupika, right?
Elenor: Master! The photon in the air is...
Montague: I see...Leo brought Rupika without thinking. This isn't going to be good. Can you do me a favor? ....Before that, why did he bring Rupika you ask? Yes....hmm...its going to be long, but I'll tell you. Everything began from the meteor that fell down. There was energy that is similar to photons. This is called the irregular photon. a.k.a. D cell. This D cell's main characteristic is that living things to artifical life, it tries to merge and evolve into. A good example of that is a mag. Of course, that is a secret. Mags evolve in different ways but how they evolve is an experiment even the scientists don't understand. Even photon merge wasn't expected. Back to the subject, the mag was the first step for experiments after androids and newman. Emotional AI was made to control the D cell. The technology grew in the government, so they used the emotional AI and created a system to control it. They controlled androids, mags, and weapons under the military's jurisdiction. They used that to create MOTHER. That is the MOTHER project that WORKS had but failed. But, Leo didn't give up. The D cell in Rupika's gene, he'll try and use that to do the MOTHER project again. Well, thats whats happening.

(9-6) The chosen one (second part)
"from our search, it looks like Leo and Rupika are apart, but Rupika is still missing. Everyone is looking for her now. This quest is to keep searching for Rupika. The desert seems to be far and deep. We think that she is there."

Ash:
"Ooh, its you. I'm glad you came, I'm kind of lost. But, sorry....I have no clue where she is..."

Karen and Giriam:
Karen: "Where has my father gone? We can't find him. He hasn't even talked to me.
Giriam: Master. It is my view, but, the leader had us working on the MOTHER project. I think its related with the 'thing'.
Keren: The 'thing'? The generator made by grandfather...That had been stopped in the final stage. Why, is the girl related?
Giriam: Yes. The reason it was stopped was because of the energy. The generator needed a large amount of energy. And the leader found the power inside of Rupika. If he solves what it is, then the problem of the energy is solved.
Karen: The power of the cell...thats why my father is so eager. We should follow too. Oh yeah, there was a gate that doesn't open, right? The secret word is....
Giriam: Its heaven, master.
Karen: I know that Giriam.
Giriam: Heaven, it means heaven.(it was in kanji here, thus the redudancy) Its funny that they call it heaven. Its too early to call ragol heaven.

Montague:
"You finally made it here. I rhink Rupika is near here. Now go help her. I have to do something else. Hehee."

Bernie:
"Oh, its you. I finally found her. How? Oh, I just found her sitting by herself. Don't know where Leo is, but....she is here and that is all that matters. Lets go back now."

Okay, whew. I'm done. Now you see why I'm not even going to bother translating all the side stories (Sue plot, etc.) Its just too much hassle. So enjoy this much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tancient on 2005-03-11 08:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tancient on 2005-03-11 10:43 ]</font>

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 11, 2005, 07:52 AM
Great job. Although...does this include when you talk to a person a second time? They usually say something different the second time you talk to them.

Getintothegame
Mar 11, 2005, 09:07 AM
They sometimes even say three things.

I've got screenshots if you want.

Para
Mar 11, 2005, 09:10 AM
By the way... isn't the RAmarl's name Karen and not Kalen or Kelen? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Check SEGA's website hehehe

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 11, 2005, 10:45 AM
Ok who moved this to Fan Works!? This is the real story of what NPCs say in episode IV.

Tancient
Mar 11, 2005, 11:33 AM
On 2005-03-11 07:45, Jonathan_F wrote:
Ok who moved this to Fan Works!? This is the real story of what NPCs say in episode IV.

My thoughts exactly.....after all, my translation wasn't THAT bad. XD

And no, I didn't include what the said a 2nd/3rd time. Nor did I include if you do the corresponding ep1 quests, etc. This is mostly for Everyone to get the main story, with a few little spices for flavor.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tancient on 2005-03-11 08:42 ]</font>

Para
Mar 11, 2005, 11:49 AM
fix the npc name of karen http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PJ
Mar 11, 2005, 01:23 PM
So Leo is Karen's father? (She refers to her father in Seat of the Heart).

And her grandfather is Osto?

Saiffy
Mar 11, 2005, 01:34 PM
Ash:
"Oh, aren't you the hunter that helped me from the request of gid? I havent said thanks since then. But that beside, I've seen many hunters from the government."

I think you mean Cid

Either way, nice work http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Tancient
Mar 11, 2005, 01:43 PM
I've been playing the game in Japanese for a while, I've forgotten most of the English names. XD Making the minor detail edits as they go.

Tycho
Mar 11, 2005, 02:09 PM
Ahhh, thank you a lot for these scripts Tancient ^ ^;, it's really interesting. I'm wondering how the story would go on, and if the Dragon boss could be connected to what Leo Grahart is trying to make.

On 2005-03-11 10:23, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
So Leo is Karen's father? (She refers to her father in Seat of the Heart).

And her grandfather is Osto?

Hmm? o.o
Did I miss anything? Is Karen in Seat of the Heart? And where did you get the Osto thing from?

Skorpius
Mar 11, 2005, 02:13 PM
Karen is paired with a RAcast, if I'm not mistaken, the default one.

Para
Mar 11, 2005, 03:53 PM
Default RAmarl with Default RAcast... cant you do better SEGA?

Skorpius
Mar 11, 2005, 04:19 PM
Skorpius: What if Amplam's lair is the crater?
Skorpius: :o
Tycho: That's a nice theory actually

:x

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skorpius on 2005-03-11 13:20 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 11, 2005, 06:06 PM
On 2005-03-11 11:09, Tycho wrote:
Hmm? o.o
Did I miss anything? Is Karen in Seat of the Heart? And where did you get the Osto thing from?

On 2005-03-11 01:09, Tancient wrote:
Karen: "Where has my father gone? We can't find him. He hasn't even talked to me.
Giriam: Master. It is my view, but, the leader had us working on the MOTHER project. I think its related with the 'thing'.
Keren: The 'thing'? The generator made by grandfather...That had been stopped in the final stage. Why, is the girl related?
Giriam: Yes. The reason it was stopped was because of the energy. The generator needed a large amount of energy. And the leader found the power inside of Rupika. If he solves what it is, then the problem of the energy is solved.
Karen: The power of the cell...thats why my father is so eager. We should follow too. Oh yeah, there was a gate that doesn't open, right? The secret word is....
Giriam: Its heaven, master.
Karen: I know that Giriam.
Giriam: Heaven, it means heaven.(it was in kanji here, thus the redudancy) Its funny that they call it heaven. Its too early to call ragol heaven.

Only assuming though

Nai_Calus
Mar 11, 2005, 06:56 PM
The idea of someone who would actually have sex with Osto boggles the mind and churns the stomach. >_>;;;

Hey, ST, you brought Montague back, how's about you figure out a way to finish up the storyline with Elly and Calus while you're at it? ;_; *sniffle*

I was actually pondering the Amplam Umbra thing the other day. Heh.

kazuma56
Mar 11, 2005, 08:35 PM
wonder if the whole android massacre mentioned in ep.3 will somehow happen in BB.

Cynric
Mar 11, 2005, 08:50 PM
On 2005-03-11 13:19, Skorpius wrote:
Skorpius: http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Who's Amplam?

PJ
Mar 11, 2005, 08:56 PM
On 2005-03-11 17:50, Cynric wrote:

On 2005-03-11 13:19, Skorpius wrote:
Skorpius: http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Who's Amplam?

Amplam Umbra is the final boss of Episode 3.

EDIT:

wonder if the whole android massacre mentioned in ep.3 will somehow happen in BB.

It won't. They give a specific date in Episode 3, and although I can't quite remember what it is due to being sick and not thinking, it happens significantly after Episode 4.

Although, this is assuming that Episode 4 is a few months (Or years) after Episode 2, and Episodle 2 is a few months after Episode 1.

But I'm pretty sure the android killing thing happened something like 5 years before Episode 3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-11 18:50 ]</font>

Saiffy
Mar 11, 2005, 10:28 PM
I think OPSS happens about a year or two after Blue Star Memories. Been awhile since I bothered to play that god aweful game >_>

Is it possible that all this happens soon after Soul of Steel?

Omega_Nova
Mar 11, 2005, 11:34 PM
From the sound of things, ST is following the Ragol ring sub-plot. Which is good, I have a feeling Elly will get involved in this, I remeber wondering a while back if we would be able see some hints of plot through episode 1 & 2. It turns out I was right, however, I WANT TO SEE LUTZ!!! Hopefully he will be the default Fomar. Anyways I think something shocking is gonna happen still. And because of patching ST can have alot of fun with this game if they don't forget about it!

Cynric
Mar 12, 2005, 12:42 AM
I just want to know what a giant viper-beast has to do with WORKS. =/

EJ
Mar 12, 2005, 08:33 PM
On 2005-03-11 19:28, Saiffwin wrote:
I think OPSS happens about a year or two after Blue Star Memories. Been awhile since I bothered to play that god aweful game >_>

Can't be because Eleneor would have her mag on and Kireek would have been slowly going insane. This must have happened after you did Soth and after you met Eleneor for the first time taking place inbetween Soul of Steel and In the depth along that time line.

And Leo being in RT I still can't figure out since it's a simulation after the Olga incident. Since the quest does state its data taken from the Gal Islands after you play through.

Skorpius
Mar 12, 2005, 09:49 PM
I wish Sonic Team added dates to this crap.

PJ
Mar 12, 2005, 10:00 PM
On 2005-03-12 18:49, Skorpius wrote:

I thought they had -.-

Episode 2 6 months after Episode 1

Episode 4 some time after Episode 2 (There was a specific time, but I can't remember).

So... yeah =/

Eihwaz
Mar 12, 2005, 10:09 PM
On 2005-03-11 19:28, Saiffwin wrote:

What does OPSS stand for? I know it's that android massacre thing PJ told me about, but what does it stand for, specifically. >_>;

Skorpius
Mar 12, 2005, 10:16 PM
On 2005-03-12 19:00, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

On 2005-03-12 18:49, Skorpius wrote:

I thought they had -.-

Episode 2 6 months after Episode 1

Episode 4 some time after Episode 2 (There was a specific time, but I can't remember).

So... yeah =/

Respective Tomorrow
Date: Blah blah blah
Mission: Blah blah blah

They set time frames, but didn;t assign dates to specific storyline altering quests.

PJ
Mar 12, 2005, 10:53 PM
I wouldn't consider Respective Tomorrow a story altering one anyways http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Let's see...

Soul of Steel
Seat of the Heart
MAYBE East/West Tower
Blue Star Memories (But that's pretty clear that it's 10 years after the defeat of Dark Falz)

What else could need a timeline? >_>

Getintothegame
Mar 12, 2005, 11:23 PM
You know, this actually does fit in Fan Works, because Storyline discussion is in there.

Anyway, I need to ask about this:

Leo Grahart
AKA:
Military Officer
Relations:
Special Powers:
Affiliations: Pioneer 2 military
Enemies:

The military officer who hires you online to exterminate a "problem room" of monsters works for Leo Grahart. You never see him, but he may be connected somehow to the "endless monsters" that appear in certain areas. After each "Endless Nightmare" quest, you can find debris, rocks or something strange blocking a door, and the message "it looks like someone changed this".

Is this the Leo we're chasing now?

Ah, and since we're on this topic, I'm going to repost what I posted in the Storyline thread in Fanworks... it's a mess, they are notes, no less:

who is donoph?
when is pioneer 3 coming?
what happened to pioneer 1's unregistered citizens?
when did episode 1 happen?
when did episode 2 happen?
when did episode 3 happen? 21 years after explosion
when did episode 4 happen?
did dr. osto have anything to do with ep4?
Leo Grahart?
It takes two years to travel to Ragol.
Thus, since P2 arrived 7 years after P1, we are to assume P2 got the okay message from P1 less than 5 years after P1 landed.
where is pioneer 3?
what happened to pioneer 2's ship when it landed after ep.3 and during ult ep1?
is pioneer 1 actually ruins?
is there a sequel to seat of the heart?
where did epiosode 2's pioneer 2 come from? why is it different from episode 1's pioneer 2?
if dark falz caused the meteor from ragol to hit coral, did dark falz also cause the one that hit in ep4?
if it wasn't df, was it the ruins that caused it?
if the ruins caused it, could the meteor in ep4 be related?
why was the tower of caelum never mentioned in ep1, 2 or 4?

PIONEER 2 IS STILL IN SPACE DURING EP3- EP3 IS 21 YEARS LATER

6 months between ep1 and 2
11 years after ep 2 is when memories happens

7 years:
5 to prepare
2 to get there

auw 3084- when explosion happens
auw 3084- 4 heroes kill DF
auw 3085 or so- 4 heroes kill olga?

auw 3105- 21 years after explosion, ep3

OH MY GOD EP3 HAD EP4 MENTIONINGS:
There is a second explosion on Ragol. In Episode 3 its referred to as a rumor.
"I was only a child at the time, but I can still remember it."
"There wasn't that much damage, though. A few people lost their mags,"
"But that was about it. Everyone forgot about it pretty quickly."
"..Except that the number of creatures on Ragol started to Dwindle."
"You don't think that was really related, do you?."
(Source Karen before 15-set. Karen would have been a child round about the time Dark Falz was killed)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-03-12 20:49 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-03-12 20:52 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 12, 2005, 11:49 PM
On 2005-03-12 19:53, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
I wouldn't consider Respective Tomorrow a story altering one anyways http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

It features Leo, and Mop Ups, and Endless Nightmares feature WORKS.

getintothegame: Yes.

Getintothegame
Mar 12, 2005, 11:58 PM
On 2005-03-12 20:49, Skorpius wrote:
getintothegame: Yes.

So, Leo is very good at changing things. It says that after every Nightmare stage so...

Episode 1 and 2's storyline should be partially answered with Ep4. But, With the word of a second explosion, Episode 3 might have more storyline in Ep4 than we thought.

These need to be answered:
- Where's Pioneer 3? Ep3 never got it, so...
- Is the meteor that hit Coral related to Ep4's meteor?
- Why is Pioneer 2 STILL IN SPACE?
- Where is the Tower of Caelum? Pioneer 1 built it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Getintothegame on 2005-03-12 21:02 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 13, 2005, 12:30 AM

They say in Ep3 that they're still in space because of the Falz incident. Even though it's so many years, there was something that was telling the player that P2 is still in orbit because the Pricipal Government didn;t want people to inhabit the surface. However, I think there is also hint that there is something else underfoot, due to Arkz wanting the colonization of the surface. Really, there is no clear answer as to "why", just shifty eyes and dramatic music.

I bet the Tower is just an Ep3 item. Nothing can really come from a tower built for Photon Transport. It's like asking where the Photon Fans are at in the story line, or where the giant fossil fits in.

No answers, really, just eh.. no help from me at all. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Omega_Nova
Mar 13, 2005, 12:41 AM
- Where's Pioneer 3? Ep3 never got it, so...
there was a P3?
- Is the meteor that hit Coral related to Ep4's meteor?
I'm assuming yes, both had Photon energy
Didn't it land in the ending of Episode 3?
Look on episode 3's map

Getintothegame
Mar 13, 2005, 08:07 PM
Well, I remember the ep3 ending, but why in ultimate pioneer 2 do you see clouds?

Omega_Nova
Mar 13, 2005, 09:59 PM
On 2005-03-13 17:07, Getintothegame wrote:
Well, I remember the ep3 ending, but why in ultimate pioneer 2 do you see clouds?

I don't think Ultimate really counts towards the story seeing as Rico survives.

Puppet_Papaya
Mar 15, 2005, 09:29 PM
So then, when exactly does Ep 4 take place now?

Cynric
Mar 15, 2005, 10:00 PM
I remember hearing that it took place a few months after Ep2 on Sega's website. Of course I'm taking that with a grain of salt now, but still...

GyroidFanatic
Mar 15, 2005, 10:03 PM
On 2005-03-12 20:49, Skorpius wrote:

On 2005-03-12 19:53, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

It features Leo, and Mop Ups, and Endless Nightmares feature WORKS.

Would someone mind explaining the story behind RT and how it might fit in? My HL was canceled before it came out and I never had a chance to play it.