PDA

View Full Version : Double saves in PSO plus

Nicktendonick
Mar 11, 2005, 08:18 PM
Hi ,can some one explain how double saves work in PSO+? Are they like the old version?
And do you still save when you enter lobbies?

I got the old version of PSO and since the outbreak of the FSODXings, I'm wondering if plus can be my saving grace. Is it?

Calx
Mar 11, 2005, 09:36 PM
I have PSO Plus, and, as I understand, it only double saves if you enter a game made by someone with the old version.

RubyEclipse
Mar 12, 2005, 02:02 AM
Hi. Hope I can clear this up for you.

I personally got PSO + solely for the reason of no double save - after getting corrupted 4 times.

Keep in mind that I run on 24.6k internet connection.

Anytime I make a game online, there is no double save. None whatsoever.

If I join the team of someone who is using the original, there is, normally no double save.

If, however, I lag upon entering the team (and it shows the view of the hovercars flying in ep1) then Double save does, sometimes, appear as I load in - it's worried me a bit, but I've basically come to the conclusion that from now on, I'm either making my own teams or joining second. I have not been corrupted on + yet, but I really don't want to risk it, either. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

As far as I know, almost all instances of double save are gone.

Hope that helped you!

-- Ruby Eclipse

Calx
Mar 12, 2005, 02:19 AM
Well I just checked, and as I'd been informed, my PSO Plus double saves every single time I join a team. Only if I create a team myself does it not double save. I find it very strange that all PSO Plus copies don't behave the same way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calx on 2005-03-11 23:20 ]</font>

Nicktendonick
Mar 12, 2005, 09:49 PM
Ruby, Calx, Thanks for your advice. I'm gona get Plus ASAP (especially since the lobby corrupt codes thing uses double saving to corrupt). I won't be able to dupe anymore, but I can't even remember the last time i did, so no loss there.

Skorpius
Mar 12, 2005, 09:51 PM
the game is paused when the second save triggers, and it occurs even when you make the game.

Calx
Mar 12, 2005, 11:25 PM
On 2005-03-12 18:51, Skorpius wrote:
the game is paused when the second save triggers, and it occurs even when you make the game.

I just went online and created a game to make extra sure I wasn't talking out my ass, and no, there is NO double save when you create an online game with PSO Plus, only if you join a game.

Skorpius
Mar 12, 2005, 11:51 PM
Is it really relevant if it's there or not considering that there is 0% chance of getting FSOD during it?

Pob
Mar 13, 2005, 06:45 PM
PSO has a double save if you join a game, but the second save usually happens right after the first when the screen is still frozen. As someone said above, if you lag badly, the double save is delayed, but it's still much better than before.

Calx
Mar 13, 2005, 09:31 PM
On 2005-03-12 20:51, Skorpius wrote:
Is it really relevant if it's there or not considering that there is 0% chance of getting FSOD during it

What is relevant is to not give the thread starter incorrect information.

Scythapox
Mar 13, 2005, 09:45 PM
HOOOOOOOOOOLLLLD ON A SEC if I get plus will I be able to transfer my old data from the first PSO on gamecube if not I say scerw that I'll buy it when I lose my data some lame way.....hmmmm it seems liek it may be a lose or lose thing going on

PS: Havent played online yet reallly want to and some day will.....I hope when that comes people are on from what I hear there isn't many people on PSO....witch really sucks since I first bought this game when it first came out on gamecube to play online then found out I had to pay....*sigh* what to do what to do

RedBoxHunter
Mar 13, 2005, 09:51 PM
You can transfer your characters over to Plus and vice versa simply by playing with the disk you wish to use your characters on.