PDA

View Full Version : Olga Flow? is he really that hard?

HuComatose
Mar 12, 2005, 01:23 AM
Well, a bud of mine and I have gotten to ogla flow in very hard. So far we've gotten burned twice both times when I turned into Heathcliff. I'm a level 105 Hucast and he's a 51 Humar. I know its kinda weird that a 105 Hucast still has trouble in very hard, but what can i say. It's my first time taking a stab at Ogla.

Both of us have 10x dimates, trimates, moon atomizers, and star atomizers. My friend also uses resta & zalure to chip in. We're both down to 2 scape dolls and I dont think that there would be much of a chance of us beating Ogla with none. BTW we carry Yamato's for attacking his feet at the last form, and vulcans & rayguns for the elevator.

Any advice/help would be great.

*** thanx to everyone for the tips =D

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HuComatose on 2005-03-12 16:28 ]</font>

Luis
Mar 12, 2005, 01:34 AM
olga flow is one of the best bosses in the game, it have a cool animation at the start of the fight, and i belive is the bigger boss of all, a bit bigger than dark falz maybe execept for the falz first form, is a boss without an specific atribute, it walks in the stage with you, it changes his resistances, i mean what else you could ask for a good fight, one of the problems i seem on olga, its that only got 2 forms, in my opinion a 3 form should been added, maybe a stronger and faster from the second one, and he doesnt shot megid tsk tsk tsk what a shame, i would love a freaking megid ball from him, you can jellen/zalure him, and if you got a good yasminkov 9000 the fight maybe be over from the start. But everything else is a good boss.

hucasts_rock
Mar 12, 2005, 01:35 AM
Yeah, Olga Flow is the toughest boss in the game, and in challenge mode...

Anyways, try figuring what his pattern of attacks are, and learn to avoid them. The elevator is pretty simple. When Olga uses his sword from above, stay as far away from the edge as possible. His final form is the troublesome part. RUNA AS FAR AWAY AS YOU CAN when he does his Heaven's Punisher-like attack, and stay away from those spinning thisgs and those floating snake-like things as well. If necessary, use your Rayguns often, because Olga can dish out a ton of damage when you're close to him.

Anyone else can feel free to add more, because I'm sure there is. I can't think correctly this late at night. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Maridia
Mar 12, 2005, 01:44 AM
Well, you can't hurt him when he's all orange and has someone turned into Flowen, right? It seemed like only the Flowen character could damage the boss. Does anyone know how long his invincible orange glow lasts? I swear, when we were fighting him on Vhard the other night, he was stomping around invincible for a good 8 minutes or so. It was basically just "run around and try not to die horribly while waiting for some of your hits to actually do damage". But when it wore off, boy, he went down fast. Must be why it takes so long. Four players against one boss is usually overkill.

My first thought was to have the Flowen player kill himself to break the connection, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference. Can anyone give any info on the orange-invincible-flowen technique of doom? And no, I haven't looked in a guide yet, 'cause I'm right here right now and I'm really tired and like hearing you guys say things more than a boring ol' guide. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Maridia on 2005-03-11 22:46 ]</font>

HuComatose
Mar 12, 2005, 02:40 AM
well we eventually gave up :/

not much u can do against that heaven's punisher.
anyways, we're probably gonna just level up a bit and then do it all later

*sigh* another time olga =p

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 12, 2005, 04:05 AM
I know what you can do about the punisher. Not be near him. He has terrible range, and if you're moving in addition to having distance, he won't hit you. You seem to be able to beat form one, and he does lousy damage then anyway. Form 2 is predictable, and being able to predict him is what lets you win. First he walks around, and that's when the Hucast pokes the feet w/out getting stepped on, and the humar uses zalure/jellen. When he stops walking, as tempting as it is to keep slashing, run the *bleep* away. The sword swing might hit you, but it at least shouldn't kill the hucast. The H. punisher can kill an uber-high character, so don't be near him. Get a good gun so you don't have to get under him if you don't want. If you hucast is careful, it shouldn't die, and have the humar give his moon a.s when hucast gets low.

vol opt is SO the hardest boss in the game.

tunghook
Mar 12, 2005, 11:51 AM

LOL I hope you're joking. Vol Opt is the easiest boss in the game.

Eihwaz
Mar 12, 2005, 12:09 PM
Olga Flow isn't really too amazingly difficult if you come prepared. The damage from a lot of his attacks can be minimized/dodged. For instance, on the first form, you can dodge the green bullets he sprays, the wide sweeping green beam, and even his sword stabbing. Of course, sometimes you won't be able to dodge the sweeping beam attack, or the sword stabbing. >_>

On the second form, you can hide behind the falling rocks to avoid his energy slash attack. The rock will be destroyed, but if you're behind it, you'll take no damage. As long as you use a Handgun/Rifle to snipe at his feet from a distance, you shouldn't have to worry about his instant kill move, either.

Also, it would be a good idea to bring a handgun (or maybe a couple) with high photon percentages in all categories, for he does that annoying attribute change in the second form. It doesn't have to be a rare handgun - even a Raygun will do okay. >_>

That being said, I love fighting Olga Flow. Such fun. And the music rocks. ^_^

PJ
Mar 12, 2005, 12:11 PM
Olga Flow I like fighting because he does hurt. A LOT. But unlike Dark Falz, you can dodge him. (I'm just not very good at dodging the wave http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

Learn when he does divine punishment, and you should be fine. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zelgadis
Mar 12, 2005, 04:20 PM
On 2005-03-11 22:23, HuComatose wrote:
Well, a bud of mine and I have gotten to ogla flow in very hard. So far we've gotten burned twice both times when I turned into Heathcliff. I'm a level 105 Hucast and he's a 51 Humar. I know its kinda weird that a 105 Hucast still has trouble in very hard, but what can i say. It's my first time taking a stab at Ogla.

Both of us have 10x dimates, trimates, moon atomizers, and star atomizers. My friend also uses resta & zalure to chip in. We're both down to 2 scape dolls and I dont think that there would be much of a chance of us beating Ogla with none. BTW we carry Yamato's for attacking his feet at the last form, and vulcans & rayguns for the elevator.

Any advice/help would be great.

I've never attempt V.Hard. But I'm a level 160 FOmar...I guess I would have little trouble in VH now...but he still kills me in one hit in Ult if I'm not careful.

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 12, 2005, 09:10 PM
On 2005-03-12 08:51, tunghook wrote:

LOL I hope you're joking. Vol Opt is the easiest boss in the game.

I'd rather fight vol opt than a friggin Ob Lily. Olga flow's not hard, but vol opt shouldn't even do damage to an experienced player

Shiva91
Mar 12, 2005, 09:14 PM
Volt opt is funny, I laugh at him -laughs in front of volt op and he dies- what an easy way to get exp

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 13, 2005, 03:23 AM
Or Ruby Bullet

Ancient
Mar 13, 2005, 12:01 PM
Olga's Heavens punisher attack is deadly at close range regardless of the difficulty of your characters hit point. But if you come prepared he can be taken down easily. Use two people with hanguns or something to take out his "mags", that will clear the board for better shots at him, and prevent him from using the heavens punisher attack. Make sure to pummel him with everything you've got right out the door, my level 179 Hucast Ancient uses a set of charge vulcans with 50 hit, if I get some good Shifta/deband I can take Olga down in about 1 minute. Bragging aside, the best way to defeat him is make sure he doesnt get the chance to turn orange in the first place. Also dont bother trying to kill him unless you can take a direct him from hit from his energy wave attack, if you can take a blow from a non Jellen/Zalure'd Sinow Berel than you should be okay.
If he turns orange you better hope you got a force in your party, cause they're the only ones that will do much good here. He is only suseptable to damage from one specific magic spell at any given time, and he changes it on the fly so you have to be observant. You can tell what hurts him because he'll scream when it does, and you'll see him flash back to blue breifly. Anything that hits him other than what he's weak to will only hurt the players soul he's swapped, not damage both like Falz, so there is no benefit in pummeling him if you are not hitting his weakness. You can also hit him with specials on weapons, basic ones like fire, and storm, but its pretty useless since they only hit for about 50 points of damage if you're insainly powerfull, plus he's near impossible to hit with a special anyway. But hey if you wanna try plinking him to death go right ahead. If you dont have a force, your just gonna have to wait it out. Sometimes this can take well over 10 minutes, so try your best to hide if you can.
When I first defeated Olga (o so many years ago) I was around 120 with a 4 person party of about the same levels. It took damn near 45 minutes, and we certainly woulndt have lasted 46. We had absolutly no mates or souls or fluids left. Now only 59 levels later, he can be taken down in just a few minutes. Preparation and knowledge are the most important parts. I knew I fella who could defeat olga with a level 150 Ramarl, by himself, online, in just 15 minutes.

Meaky
Mar 13, 2005, 12:05 PM
Gah, Ancient, you just burnt a hole into my eyes. >.>

Shiva91
Mar 13, 2005, 12:10 PM
heh, could you parphrase that a bit please?

Fefnir
Mar 13, 2005, 01:00 PM
Aww, c'mon people. Too lazy to read? It's self-explantory. Bleh.

Everytime I play Olga Flow, I would literally get raped. Ahhhh, I hate that boss, but he just looks so cool to not fight...

Shiva91
Mar 13, 2005, 01:06 PM
It just takes some getting used to and predicting him. know when He's going to kill you to avoid it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ancient
Mar 13, 2005, 03:26 PM
Heh sorry my posts tend to be long winded, I'll just go rant in a corner somewhere...*blah blah blah*

Shiva91
Mar 13, 2005, 03:29 PM
it's ok, don't put your self down, that one was just really long. And you have simple minded or easily confused people in here(like me) who tend to skip big paragraphs. Sorry didn't meen to hurt your feelings.

Maridia
Mar 17, 2005, 04:21 PM
Doesn't one of the guides say that when he turns orange he randomly assumes either Native, A. Beast, Dark or Machine? So besides having a force, having a weapon with percentages in whatever he's weak to should help.

And are you all talking about Ult Olga when you say you were getting horribly raped with your level 120-150 chars? I'm not even 110 and me and a few other people (all between 80 and 130) have beaten the PANTS off of Olga on VHard. The worst thing about him is that he can do lots of damage, but if you work as a team and keep yourselves and eachother healthy, while just pounding away with your guns or whatever, he won't last more than a couple of minutes. That's assuming he doesn't turn orange. My god.

But seriously, if you can't survive his attacks (not counting that damn almost instant kill one), don't fight him yet. If you can, and are in a team, just work out a basic plan of attack beforehand. If you start out and some of your team go running in and start hacking at his feet, he's going to use Heaven's Punisher and you're all going to suffer. Unless you're smart and have a gun and stay far away, in which case all you'll have to do is wade in there and revive your buds. ;P

He's a great boss, and his music is awesome. He's one of those few bosses that can always give you a run for your money, even when you're in extremely high levels. Fighting bosses you utterly destroy is fun, but it's EXCITING when you fight something that can really take a chunk out of your hp. Makes that You Are The Hero! screen and that little WOOT of victory that much sweeter. ;P

TrekkiesUnite
Mar 17, 2005, 07:19 PM
A good strategy i have is have a force in your party and in the second form his job should be to hide behind one of the rocks and revive you guys only when both of you are dead and when you are alive he can hide behind the rocks while you guys attack and use Zonde on him.

Night_Raid
Mar 18, 2005, 07:46 AM
looks like it's goin to be a long 70 lvls ugh..........(currently lvl 105 HUcast)
i got wiped out the last time i even tried vh olga my weapons not the issue, it's just the low lvl.

EDIT:lol, literaly?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Night_Raid on 2005-03-18 04:51 ]</font>

Neith
Mar 18, 2005, 11:27 AM
First form is easy. Use your raygun when you can, and just pound into him until he's dead. Second form can be a pain. When purple energy comes from his 'mags' and sword, make sure you're as far away as possible, or he almost certainly kill you in one hit. Heal when you get hit bad (which will likely be often http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif ), and do NOT melee unless you're feeling suicidal. Use a gun, and wear him down slowly, rather than risking it melee. Trust me, Ive tried, he does his 'God's/Divine Punishment' attack, and when you're close, it hurts. When he glows orange, only weapons with attributes will work. He inherits a random attribute (Native, A.Beast, Machine, Dark), and only weapons with %'s on that area will hurt him. Anything else will hurt you (so ideally you want multi %'s on your weapons) If you cant hurt him, run around until he reverts to normal again, and repeat. Just keep your distance, and you should be fine. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif