PDA

View Full Version : why does sega even try....

GrAvItY_VX_
Jul 20, 2002, 09:55 PM
gc version hardly differnt cept 4 the 2 chars and new levels the graphics get no better and the characters still look all messed up.

GhoStar
Jul 20, 2002, 10:02 PM
Ooooookkkkkk, just to clear a few things up:

A) it's three new characters - not two
B) it's twice the levels as before, with additions to Challenge and Battle mode. That's enough for me
C) there's also an expanded offline/multiplayer mode
D) there are graphical upgrades, with a slight revamp to old areas from the DC version and new levels designed with the GC hardware and its capabilities in mind, built from scratch
E) Sega do not develop games, they publish them. Sonic Team is the developer of the PSO games
F) the game isn't finished yet, all additions to V1 and V2 haven't been reported
G) if you don't like it, don't buy it

The end.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhoStar on 2002-07-20 20:17 ]</font>

Defend
Jul 20, 2002, 10:13 PM
The graphics you say?

Download a movie of the new levels, beach, swamp or mountain. The levels are insane.. they fart on the best DC PSO could offer. Sand dunes you can run up and down with a large gully between them where you can also fight.. man I won't even start.. the new levels are brilliant anyway.

It has the 6 areas from PSO Ver.2. The main four are there forming Episode 1, ie, DC PSO. The Palace and Spaceship are part of Episode 2, which also has the beach, mountain, swamp level and a city-esque level.. and anything else they haven't told us.

GhoStar
Jul 20, 2002, 10:18 PM
Ahh, yes, I forgot about the new uneven grounds and surfaces, which the DC games were lacking. Make that H. That's just another reason the GC version is different to the rest. There's probably more I'm forgetting, like the new weapons and animations that go along with them; that sort of stuff. Also things not found in other versions of the game.

Hmmmmmm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhoStar on 2002-07-20 20:20 ]</font>

GrAvItY_VX_
Jul 20, 2002, 11:39 PM
OK OK i get the picture...

Gryph
Jul 21, 2002, 01:14 AM
..and knowing is half the battle.

Kent
Jul 21, 2002, 04:38 AM
Sega's not trying. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If they were, PSO would be hack-free by now, and we'd have every possible character class.

NiGHTS
Jul 21, 2002, 05:18 AM
On 2002-07-21 02:38, Kent wrote:
Sega's not trying. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If they were, PSO would be hack-free by now, and we'd have every possible character class.

*Plays the world's smallest violin just for Kent*

GhoStar
Jul 21, 2002, 09:28 AM
On 2002-07-21 02:38, Kent wrote:
Sega's not trying.

I'd love to see you do better. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

If they were, PSO would be hack-free by now,

People seem to forget that without the benefit of server-side saving (which could put the fee upto $10 per month) or a HDD (pricey add-on Nintendo has no interest in making) that all you can do is patch and have a bypass code made. I'd rather not pay 10$ a month or force to people to buy an add-on which would be shooting yourself/userbase in the foot (as Square has done with FFXI, and they are still experiencing cheating).

and we'd have every possible character class.

I'm fine with the 12, thank you very much.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GhoStar on 2002-07-21 07:30 ]</font>

GrAvItY_VX_
Jul 21, 2002, 10:56 AM
lol if i had the time and money i would and the guy kent's got a good point...i think

GrAvItY_VX_
Jul 21, 2002, 10:57 AM
lol if i had the time and money i would and the guy kent's got a good point...i think

Defend
Jul 21, 2002, 11:03 AM
Adding in the final 4 classes wouldn't increase playability more than the new 3 does already...

saffaya
Jul 21, 2002, 11:04 AM
Sonic Team has other projects in mind/at hands than PSO.
That's why alternate teams are working on GC, and why it has been delayed due to bugs.

GrAvItY_VX_
Jul 21, 2002, 11:06 AM
sonic team/sega same dam thing 2 me...but come on they always delay pso for about 5 months or am i xagerating(cant spell)

saffaya
Jul 21, 2002, 11:07 AM
Adding in the final 4 classes wouldn't increase playability more than the new 3 does already...

Where do you get the 4 figure from ?
Thought the original number of classes was 18.
3 races * 3 jobs * 2 gender

FOcast & FOcaseal would add a new way to play the game.
And HUnewn would look sooo badass ..
Need a bigger axe than victory though http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GrAvItY_VX_
Jul 21, 2002, 11:12 AM
uh...u lost me...a magic use'n robot...? never gonna happen...and i thought there were only 2 new characters in gc version...

saffaya
Jul 21, 2002, 11:13 AM
sonic team/sega same dam thing 2 me...but come on they always delay pso for about 5 months or am i xagerating(cant spell)

If you're refering to DC v2 delay for the Us, let's reiterate that it was due to the mountain of protests that SEGA received against having v2 with online fee.
All the immature teens and cry-babies yelled so strongly that it took that time to convince SEGA to finally bring it over to the Us.

saffaya
Jul 21, 2002, 11:17 AM
On 2002-07-21 09:12, GrAvItY_VX_ wrote:
uh...u lost me...a magic use'n robot...? never gonna happen...and i thought there were only 2 new characters in gc version...

RED Sinows use :
_Resta
_Shifta
_Deband

not bad for a bot.

The 3 new classes of the GC are :

HUcaseal
RAmarl
FOmar

GrAvItY_VX_
Jul 21, 2002, 11:17 AM
protests...wut protests i no dont mean the little 15 dollar fee do u? And u still didnt answer my question about how many new chars there are...

saffaya
Jul 21, 2002, 11:21 AM
protests...wut protests i no dont mean the little 15 dollar fee do u?

Exactly.
They were loudly against that fee.

Remember those spoiled brats were used to have FREE v1 online play and FREE local calls.
They didn't want to pay for their PSO online fun.

GrAvItY_VX_
Jul 21, 2002, 11:23 AM
lol u tryn 2 b funny...-_-
npc's dont count anyways

GrAvItY_VX_
Jul 21, 2002, 11:25 AM
lmao its only 15 dollars for THREE months of play...even though i did quit pso after mine expired...-_-

GhoStar
Jul 21, 2002, 12:57 PM
Would you rather pay for a HDD and pay 10$ a month for online play and download a patch every two weeks?

I for one wouldn't.

So, I'll accept the cheating the game has, and accept little can be done seeing as all the saving is user-side.

GrAvItY_VX_
Jul 21, 2002, 01:34 PM
uh i dont really get wut your say'n

ABDUR101
Jul 21, 2002, 02:03 PM
On 2002-07-21 03:18, NiGHTS wrote:
*Plays the world's smallest violin just for Kent*

HAHAHA!! XP

Oh god, I'm glad someone does stuff like that when I'm not around XD

ahh, that made it worth coming to this thread =)

I agree with everyone, GC PSO is what you make it, if you're not happy with it, don't get it, simple yeah?

*EDIT*
When posting and fixing a window, make sure you don't mispell anything!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ABDUR101 on 2002-07-21 12:06 ]</font>

GhoStar
Jul 22, 2002, 08:18 PM
uh i dont really get wut your say'n
To make the game cheat free you would have to pay more money (more for a Hunter's License, more for a HDD). The reason the cheating is so bad is because the saving is user-side, which means Sega have no control of what we do with out characters.

RavenTW
Jul 22, 2002, 08:50 PM
In other words, your saying that when people are NOLed, they go ahead and save the game, keeping NOL.

Hmmm... FO androids... Well, they are technique DISKS, after all, and the sinows do it! as well as Vol Opt and his lighting-sputtering pillars.

GhoStar
Jul 23, 2002, 11:33 AM
In other words, your saying that when people are NOLed, they go ahead and save the game, keeping NOL.

No, you're saying that. I have yet to mention NOL.

What I was saying is that without the benefit of server-side saving, or a HDD to download patches to, there is little Sega can do to prevent cheating. They can patch thier server, but a bypass code is never far away.

So, a HDD (for patches) can cost anything, but would be pricey (NCS sells Japanese HDDs for $205.00!!!). Server-side saving would up the pay-to-play fee (so for example, FFXI: which costs 10$ per month/120$ a year, as well as an additional fee for every char. made). So make the choice. I personally would not want to pay an additional $330 dollars a year to play PSO. But that's just me.