PDA

View Full Version : Online is it worth it?

Scythapox
Mar 13, 2005, 10:00 PM
I want to play PSO (ONLINE) but right now I have know money, but is it even worth it is there alot more things to do online then offline. It also sounds like there are not many people online. So should I cross PSO on my list of MMORPGS to try out. It sure seems that way. I'm going to play 6 of the more popular MMORPG for 2 months each then pick my favorite.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scythapox on 2005-03-13 19:02 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 14, 2005, 12:12 AM
Episode 3 has a very sparse population, and frankly, I find Episode 3 is more fun offline.

If you have Episode 1 & 2, however, you can go online and it is very worth it. Plus, if anyone on Ep 1 & 2 is interested in an Episode 3 match, then you can just switch games on the spot.

Axel3792
Mar 15, 2005, 02:05 PM
lol in my opinion the only way online ep3 would be worth it is if you already have an active 1&2 hunter's liscence. otherwise, don't waste your money.

the americans (few and far between) are hacker bastards and the japanese are at insanely high levels and are snobby a$$holes to any non-jp player.

recap:
not worth it.

Calx
Mar 16, 2005, 05:06 PM
As someone who went online with Ep. III for the first time last week and was extremely excited and positive towards it, I second everything Axel said. Don't waste your time or money. There really is nothing to see ... or do.

Hmm, well, unless you want to play with me!

Graptakular83
Mar 23, 2005, 02:09 AM
Kazeh: I dont know if u should.....the number of people online in ep3 has decreased alot. You should wait a little so the number of people on could go up. If it does, then u should pay 2 get on.

Ryna
Mar 23, 2005, 07:08 AM
On 2005-03-22 23:09, Graptakular83 wrote:
Kazeh: I dont know if u should.....the number of people online in ep3 has decreased alot. You should wait a little so the number of people on could go up. If it does, then u should pay 2 get on.

The odds of the online ep3 population going up at this point are rather low. If you already know some friends that play ep3, then it might be worth going online. Otherwise, it really isn't worth it.

RedSchwar
Mar 24, 2005, 04:34 AM
That, and all the good deck ideas have been found.

There are certain players who have such a lock on the mechanics of the game that you couldn't possibly beat them. That= no fun.

Ryna
Mar 24, 2005, 10:35 AM
On 2005-03-24 01:34, RedSchwar wrote:
That, and all the good deck ideas have been found.

There are certain players who have such a lock on the mechanics of the game that you couldn't possibly beat them. That= no fun.

I would have to disagree with that assessment. While the top players have well-designed decks, they are not unbeatable. One has to keep in mind that this game does require some luck. A beginning player can beat almost anyone if the other player starts off with a bad hand and receives bad dice rolls.