PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: They need to do away with the monthly fee for PSOX!

Vid_Gamer
Mar 13, 2005, 11:36 PM
I never really understood why they have a monthly fee to begin with. Xbox Live already costs us $50 a year. I understand maybe GC having it since PSOGC is the only online title with no extra fee.

I bet many more people would play PSOX if the monthly charge was gone and just the Xbox Live subscription was needed.

jspacemunkey
Mar 13, 2005, 11:54 PM
i'm happy to pay the hunter's fee for online access as long as i'm getting updates. however, word is that sonic team is officially abandoning psox (no new quests), and as such i would like to see the fee abolished or at the very least reduced. the problem is, this would never happen unless there was a concerted effort on the part of every psox user. ms/sonic team (i don't know who actually pockets the hunter's license fee) is not going to voluntarily give up the extra cash they make off of us.

Vid_Gamer
Mar 14, 2005, 12:25 AM
i would pay the fee if they updated as much as companies do for MMORPG's, but we hardly get anything.

i guess i can look forward to pso:bb and psu

Skorpius
Mar 14, 2005, 12:34 AM
Microsoft gets the Live fee.
Sonic Team gets the Hunter's License fee.

jspacemunkey
Mar 14, 2005, 12:49 AM
On 2005-03-13 21:34, Skorpius wrote:
Microsoft gets the Live fee.

well duh. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

to be serious... sometimes i get confused with the hl fee. i've heard alternately that sonic team gets all of it, that ms and sonic team split it, and that ms is responsible for updating content and servers and gets the hl fee for this service. thanks for clearing that up, skorpius. it makes sense that it would be the exact same as the gc.

anyway, unless there is a person dedicated to maintaining and updating the psox servers i don't really think the hl fee needs to be quite so high. especially if we aren't getting any more content.

Getintothegame
Mar 14, 2005, 01:40 AM
Sonic Team has abandoned PSOX. They might as well not get any money for them not working on it.

Bawless
Mar 14, 2005, 02:24 PM
with no fee there would be a huge rise in the code users though.