PDA

View Full Version : Which is truly better for Torr piping...?

CrazyJ
Mar 15, 2005, 01:21 PM
I noticed that many people like Forest of Sorrow for Torr PIPING.

But the way it's suggested that you pipe for Torrs only yields you TWO true pipable Hildets (unless I'm missing something). The two when you first enter that final room are set. Piping up doesn't change them. Or at least never has for me. When I pipe back down they're already standing there (meaning that they have 0% chance of changing).

Now, on the other hand...Central Dome Fire Swirl has 4 TRULY pipable Hildets. It's a lot longer to get to that part of the quest and your odds are better by just doing repeated runs through Forest of Sorrow, but if you're looking for the maximum PIPABLE Hildets then I would think you'd go with Central Dome Fire Swirl.

Discuss.

-- J

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrazyJ on 2005-03-15 10:21 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: CrazyJ on 2005-03-15 10:22 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 15, 2005, 01:25 PM
One of the Hildelts that is walking around was a Torr for me just 10 minutes ago.

Forest of SOrrow has 4 pipable Hildes.

CrazyJ
Mar 15, 2005, 01:29 PM
so when you enter that final room and you avoid the first two and kill the one that drops (as suggested for piping purposes) then the next two drop. You pipe then right?

Because that doesn't work for me. Everytime I come back down the pipe to the forest the original two are still standing there (if they don't drop from the sky they don't change right?).

thanks,

-- J

Skorpius
Mar 15, 2005, 01:30 PM
They don't drop, but they spawn.

I am currently piping them as I type this, and one of them turned into a Torr.

metatime
Mar 15, 2005, 01:41 PM
Yeah just keep trying, you'll get it after a while. It took me a couple of tries to get those 4 bears but once u know how to get them, its easy.

Rageous
Mar 15, 2005, 01:49 PM
i never thought about piping torrs in CDFS before...it gets annoying piping them in FoS because one always manages to shock me =[

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rageous on 2005-03-15 10:52 ]</font>

Joltox
Mar 15, 2005, 02:26 PM
Get a Cure/Shock dude.

Mixfortune
Mar 15, 2005, 02:36 PM
Walk far enough in for the hidelt to jump down, and kill that one. Another should jump down. Kill that one. Then two more will jump down. That makes 4 (since you don't touch the two that spawn on the ground).

If you have trouble getting the next ones to jump down, try going further into the room. That may help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-03-15 11:37 ]</font>

CrazyJ
Mar 15, 2005, 02:46 PM
ahh, thanks guys. I always assumed that if they didn't drop then they weren't spawning.

thanks,

-- J

Jason
Mar 15, 2005, 05:43 PM
Just so it won't get confusing between the jumped Hildelt and the spawn ones, cast Jellen/Zalure on the spawn ones before one jumped down entering the room. So you won't get confused if the "jumped down" Hildelt got inbetween the spawn ones as you have to kill the "jumped down" Hildelt in order for the other "jumped down" one to appear and you'll then have to kill that one for two more to appear making four in a room.

As for the androids that cannot cast Jellen/Zalure, one solution is they can use the special attack of a certain weapon that place a status (ex: chaos) on an enemy.

Enjoy. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2005-03-15 14:44 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Mar 15, 2005, 06:48 PM
On 2005-03-15 14:43, Jason wrote:
Just so it won't get confusing between the jumped Hildelt and the spawn ones, cast Jellen/Zalure on the spawn ones before one jumped down entering the room. So you won't get confused if the "jumped down" Hildelt got inbetween the spawn ones as you have to kill the "jumped down" Hildelt in order for the other "jumped down" one to appear and you'll then have to kill that one for two more to appear making four in a room.

As for the androids that cannot cast Jellen/Zalure, one solution is they can use the special attack of a certain weapon that place a status (ex: chaos) on an enemy.

Enjoy. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2005-03-15 14:44 ]</font>

You can also just pipe back up and come back... the ones that spawn by jumping in will jump in again.
Of course, that'll reset them to max HP and such, but I guess it depends on the situation (like whether or not losing track of them was caused to a long fight... in which case piping Hildetorrs might not be such a good idea >_>).

Jason
Mar 15, 2005, 07:03 PM
Pretty nice advice added, Mixfortune. Yes, sometimes it is not such a good idea to pipe for a Hildetorr so early. Especially with a drop rate of 1/22 though some like the Frozen Shooter and a Red Saber on certain ID's are a drop rate of 1/2. It is strange how it took me only 3 to get me a Magic Stone of "Iritista" before corruption which is a drop rate of 1/22, and I've fought 100+ Hildetorrs for a Syncesta (Oran ID on this one) with my Lavis Cannon waiting to transform and never got it to drop one. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

After corruption I created a Redria HUmar, got myself that Magic Stone again from the 2nd Hildetorr that appeared just after my HUmar chimed to lv 100, without piping for one. Starting this weekend I will may be getting myself a Lavis Cannon, and after that, creating an Oran character for the Syncestas.

tunghook
Mar 17, 2005, 07:26 PM
What's the chance for a Bluefull to get a Heaven's Punisher? There's no entry for drop rate on the charts.

I'm tempted to try if the chance is good enough.

Dek
Mar 17, 2005, 07:29 PM
1/205 IIRC from IGN's drop rate

Quo
Mar 17, 2005, 07:30 PM
On 2005-03-17 16:26, tunghook wrote:
What's the chance for a Bluefull to get a Heaven's Punisher? There's no entry for drop rate on the charts.

I'm tempted to try if the chance is good enough.

Drop rates (http://faqs.ign.com//articles/393/393635p1.html)