PDA

View Full Version : Favorite c-mode character

Sitka
Mar 15, 2005, 04:01 PM
If you can choose only one player for all your c-mode play, which one would you choose and why?

Top on my list is probably the Hucast. Raw power, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. Counted on to be THE MAN when it comes to tackling the tough routes, enemies and bosses. Gets all the good stuff. When you have a good one on your team, the stage just seems to go so smooth.

A close second is the Hucaseal. Versatile, great animation, traps and blades, so much fun to play. Can whip on Flow with a pallasch or sit back and pop the Gryphon with a lockgun.

Third, for me, is the Fonewearl. Fun to support, fun to attack and be careful because almost everything can kill you in one hit.

After that, toss up. I need to play the other classes more to fully explore their potential, but those three are my favorites.

What are yours?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-15 13:02 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 15, 2005, 09:50 PM
As much as I love to play as a Force in normal play, I cannot play a CMode Force. Well, I'm gonna work on it, but I suck at conserving TP =/ That's something I'll have to work on when getting PJ through Challenge

All in all, HUcasts are the most fun for challenge for me. Since it's normal mode, ATA isn't a huge issue outside equipping guns, and their ATP literally destroys normal mode enemies.

I also like RAcasts for challenge, and HUmars has a lot of the HUcasts ATP plus a nice chunk of ATA giving them a better chance of equipping a good gun for the stage.

EDIT: RAcasts for challenge? I wrote this a few second ago and already I'm http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gifing of myself. I meant, cause they're like Hunters with guns =/ Especially if you get something, oh say, a Dark Sniper with high Hit%s http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (My first ever SRank story)

EDIT2: I am so weirded out today. I just realised what I meant.

Don't worry about me, I'll be fine in the morning http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-15 18:53 ]</font>

Sacred_One
Mar 15, 2005, 11:14 PM
I chose RAmarl because they can hit long range distance.( If my HP meter gets low, I just use guns )

Saiffy
Mar 15, 2005, 11:20 PM
For TA I would say HUcl or HUcast as a hunter, as ranger, well can't go wrong with droids.

Force? FOnewearl or FOmarl, I don't know much about FOs in c-mode though

Kunoichi00
Mar 16, 2005, 11:11 AM
I choose FOnewearl because they can do a lot of damage http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kunoichi00 on 2005-03-16 08:12 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Mar 16, 2005, 02:48 PM
I've tried c-mode FOing. I fucking hate it. Everyone wants you to do something different, and they're not afraid to bitch at you about it. 9_9

No! Be tech bitch! No! Be support bitch! No! Go get boxes! No! Do this! No! Do that! Arrgggh fuck you. >_> I should have used a FOmar just to piss people off. ~_~

HUcaseal love. <3

Meh, Rangers. I used a RAcast once and hated it, and RAcaseals like to fail C4. Repeatedly. Argh.

'Sides, that's what a HUcl is for. Need a RA? Hi, I have ATA, give me that damned gun.

HUcaseal. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Love~. I adore EOS.

What I don't adore is Ep2 c-mode. Ick. I'd do it again for a Scythe, I guess, but not for fun. Set spawns = Blah. Half the fun of Ep1 c-mode is getting that glorious stage of damn near nothing at all, or somehow winning through that horrible stage of EN-caliber rooms... Meh.

Sitka
Mar 16, 2005, 03:29 PM
Love your post Ian KunX.

I agree with most of what you wrote: the part about everyone bitching about the force - how damn true is that. Second part, everyone thinks they can do it better.

I can take a Fonewearl through every stage on Episode 2 without dying an accidental death (TP deaths don't count...of course, they're all TP deaths, right?) and that took a lot of practice to get good at, because even the fucking recons can kill you. I take pride in never missing a zalure on Gryphon or Flow and being able to hang in the room with shit flying everywhere and doing it right or casting the final three barta shots to finish off Falz. Damn fun.

But there's the "cast shifta," "cast resta," "cast zalure" - I've got it man! I know what I'm doing, okay?

Where I differ though is the part about Episode 2 vs. Episode 1. Episode 1 you can do sleepwalking, which is what we end up doing half the time. Missing over half your attacks with a Hucast is more than just annoying - it's frickin deadly. Four Mothverts and five Hildebears in five spawns is more than just a teabag party - it's ridiculous.

Episode II, on the other hand, every spawn, every corner, every second-slicing trick committed to memory and still, there's the sinow that hits you with freeze as you miss your third combo on the Deldepth or the Delbiter that outlasts your freeze traps and your itty bitty brand isn't doing whack doodle to his hide. Or you get to Flow and he goes absolutely beserker on your ass - flying from one side of the ring to the other and you can't get a damn lock on him...

But, then there's the mircle run. Domarl drops the 90% hit dark railgun in the first room, Pallasch with 90% dark/100% hit is right were it's supposed to be: in the SECRET ROOM, or the times when Flow sits his upside down face just inches from yours as you tear off his nose with your beefy pallasch and two minutes later goes orange because your buddy and you filleted his two feet before he could even turn vulnerable - that is Episode II for me.

And then the moment: New Record, do I go with the SITKAS HAMMER, the SITKAS HARISEN, the SITKAS MOON or do I pick up a needle for my buddy who refuses to run c-mode, but will pipe seven hours straight for a syncesta for me (go figure) - what to choose, what to choose. I love that part. Spending a day running challenge mode and exchanging the weapon with your buddy's name on it for a weapon that you haven't been able to find in over two years - how good is that?

Damn, anyone on for some c-mode?

gream-green
Mar 16, 2005, 07:21 PM
Any FO, I like proving people wrong but I cannot deal w/setting up and actually playing through a c-mode game anymore, just not worth it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gream-green on 2005-03-16 16:22 ]</font>

SLON
Mar 17, 2005, 07:50 AM
Give me Fonewearl every time. The variety of play is what keeps me going.
I've played RA in cmode, but it's boring.
Hucast can be so powerful, but I get annoyed with the lack of ATA; besides, there are plenty of Hucast players who are a lot better at it than me!
Hucaseal is fun, but you just don't do as much damage as the Hucast.
Humar is a good character, but the lack of traps is a big drawback.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 24, 2005, 05:04 PM
On 2005-03-16 08:11, Kunoichi00 wrote:
I choose FOnewearl because they can do a lot of damage http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kunoichi00 on 2005-03-16 08:12 ]</font>

Never again will i Cmode with a FO char....you're weak and your tech levels are low as hell so you are weak as hell. Best leave the real damage to the HU and RA chars

Ryna
Mar 24, 2005, 05:14 PM
On 2005-03-24 14:04, DarkEliteRico wrote:
Never again will i Cmode with a FO char....you're weak and your tech levels are low as hell so you are weak as hell. Best leave the real damage to the HU and RA chars

What version of the game are you talking about? V2? On GC and PSOX, FOnewearls are big damage dealers. Having a FOnewearl on a team is a must if you are going to do Time Attack.

Sitka
Mar 24, 2005, 05:30 PM
On 2005-03-24 14:14, Ryna wrote:

What version of the game are you talking about? V2? On GC and PSOX, FOnewearls are big damage dealers. Having a FOnewearl on a team is a must if you are going to do Time Attack.

Or two or three.

Playing on the gc was an eye-opener. Watching the JP players take down a room with their Fonewearls was stunning.

If you know what you're doing, two or three Fonewearls on a team with some fluid drops can be awesome.

Tycho
Mar 25, 2005, 12:11 AM
I'm going for FOnewearl.

On Tycho I've finished EP1C and EP2C, on a HUcaseal EP2C, on a HUcast EP1C, and now I'm trying to clear both challenges on my RAcast, M.S. Mincho. He's currently a Gi-Ei.

Arnot
Mar 25, 2005, 01:54 AM
meh, I go for the two tanks, HUcast & RAcast <3

Mixfortune
Mar 25, 2005, 09:01 PM
Granted, I haven't played Hucast in Cmode as of yet, but it just so happened that I played as a Hucaseal in Cmode before Hucast, and I don't think I'll ever switch over now, the way Hucaseal functions in Cmode fits with what I seem to do best, and normally I play only fleshies in normal play.

Granted, EP2 they seem a bit more unreliable than in EP1, but they have their uses as well. Since I seem to play mostly EP1 Cmode anyways, Hucaseal is my choice.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 26, 2005, 01:03 AM
On 2005-03-24 14:14, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-03-24 14:04, DarkEliteRico wrote:

PSOX, they are great damage dealers if you have the discs, alot of the times we've run across shoddy spells or the same ones over and over. I still prefer my RAmarl and feeding her mind mats and tp mats to play the role of a semi frontline combatant

Sacred_One
Mar 26, 2005, 01:13 AM
I also use my FOmar as well. I want to challenge myself with this character.

Hrigg
Mar 26, 2005, 02:12 AM
I've been fooling around on C-Mode and I noticed that I enjoy using the HUcast the most. Plain power. Destroys everything easily. Can also see and use traps.

DarkEliteRico
Mar 27, 2005, 02:20 PM
On 2005-03-24 21:11, Tycho wrote:
I'm going for FOnewearl.

On Tycho I've finished EP1C and EP2C, on a HUcaseal EP2C, on a HUcast EP1C, and now I'm trying to clear both challenges on my RAcast, M.S. Mincho. He's currently a Gi-Ei.

I've found love for my force during other quests, just not in challenge....but that might change one day

mugen
Mar 27, 2005, 07:19 PM
HUcast for me. FOnewm would be a close second.

gotta love hacking and slashing.

chibiLegolas
Mar 29, 2005, 01:22 PM
My prefered is probably the HUcaseal. What I hate most is missing all the time with a HUcast, and the hucaseal's damage isn't that bad. Low on HP? Try regenerating if you have the time. Traps are a god's send. And they're deadly with daggers or mechguns. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Mechguns in a ranger's hands are just too weak to be worth while.

But for learning a stage I've never done, I'd prefer using a Racaseal. I stay back, observe my suroundings, and pick off enemies from a distance.

And just for kicks on Eps. I, I like using my FOmar.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nothing more like an ego booster when you can pick up a saber on C2 and kick'n hard with the rest of the hunters when you're low on TP. And seeing the lovely BU-EI over my fomar's head to say, HEY! Who says you have to be a Fonewearl to beat cmode?
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Ochre
Mar 30, 2005, 02:56 PM
HUcaseal...simply because that's my favorite class in the game. HUcast as a close second for cmode though. I can't play as a FO in it thought because I simply suck., so they rank at the bottom of the ladder for me.

Curalkin
Apr 7, 2005, 05:48 PM
Any force class for me. I really like the FOnewm, but for TAing you have to go with the FOnewearl.

AxemPunanny
Apr 8, 2005, 04:35 AM
HUcast. (TA or non-TA)

Force-wise... for epI - FOnewm, even with all around magic bonus on FOnewearl, I love using Gi- and Ra- Techs, particularly in the later levels. I haven't seen many use those kind of techs, but I love seeing them go off. I get excited when a RA-tech disk drops while in the ruins. epII - FOnewearl... is it me or do FOs just become more of a "force to be reckon with" in epII. It's possible to go forceless in epI, but in epII, they become a necessity, not for healing but for attacking (course they're still fragile in some areas). On a stage like c5, where everyone just levels up like crazy, you can just cast those techs like your shooting a gun w/ endless ammo. That's just the feeling I get with using FOs in epII. Guess that's why I'd prefer FOnewearls on II.

HUcaseal to me is the best all around hunter to use, melee and range (gun wielding due to ATA).

As for rangers, I'll use them too; any of them.

I feel ya Ian-Kun... for TA purposes, it's a joy to run into a cmode game with 1-2 spawns a room... it is indeed glorious (and rare)... outside of that, I know I've ran into many fun rooms with several spawns, particularly a few notorious rooms in mines and ruins... u know the ones right at the beginning of a stage or near the end of it... when TAing, you don't bother, otherwise, it's a rush (tho usually annoying).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2005-04-08 02:47 ]</font>

haruna
Apr 28, 2005, 04:14 PM
I like playing FO. I don't conserve TP and I usually prefer to make graves for fluids so I can go about my insane TP dumping ways.
Sonic Team made scape dolls and rafoie disks. Proof we're meant to party hard and have a good time.

Man I love rafoie in challenge mode.

Sitka
Apr 28, 2005, 05:22 PM
Running with Curacklin lately on TA challenge has given me new appreciation for his talents as a force.

He's very good at both attacking and supporting.

I tried forcing for a couple of TA games and found I just damn prefer playing the hucast or hucaseal. I'm glad I've done it, learned it and can do it - but for TA, you keep the force.

When we did the 17 min E2C3, we went with two fonewearls and 2 hucaseals and while we were doing pretty good damage and staying safe with the hucaseals (Merovignian and myself), those two forces (Curacklin and Shigecki) ate the Gryphon alive. With that team, we can get to Gryphon in under 5 min and once we have that perfect run with weapons, we'll get that 12 min time.

That's party hard for me. Let's get this damn MA out of the way so we can run, run, run!

AxemPunanny
Apr 28, 2005, 09:14 PM
ya that dam MA.

I love using either a HUcast or FOnewm/newearl. I love the feeling of empowerment with a HUcast, specially with the kick-ass weaponry. But I have as much appreciation with the Forces. They were my first love, as classes go cmode-wise. I was forced to (no pun intended), since most ppl didn't like using forces when I first started challenge. But u know you're TAing all the way, when you TP dying. As a FO, you're goal is to use every bit of your TP, from fluids, tp dying, and leveling. So optimally, at the end of the stage you have 0 fluids and 0 dolls (no deaths by team). Though, during certain situations, you may want to hold onto a doll or 2 (like mistaken deaths, strugglin individual/team play or for certain boss attacks that's hard to avoid). Preferably, during boss fights, you want to do most if not all your tp dying before the boss battle, and save fluids for the boss. It's less time-consuming taking fluids than it is to tp die. Personally, I prefer attacking as FO, with the S/D/(Z) support, and the rare healing.