PDA

View Full Version : Demolition Comet vs. Monkey King Bar vs. Meteor Cudgel

CrazyJ
Mar 16, 2005, 05:51 PM
So in the tradition of the Red Sword Vs. Sealed J Sword topic...

Looking at the stats for each item it would appear that the Monkey King bar is the weak link of the three. What do you guys see as the pros and cons to each item.

My own perspective. I have a Demo Comet with decent Hit and Dark %'s so I can really beat some ass in Ruins and Temple. I'm hunting for a Cudgel now though.

-- J

Mixfortune
Mar 16, 2005, 06:11 PM
Just as Sealed J Sword can become Tsumikiri, Monkey King Bar can become Black King Bar.
So... unless you're referring to offline only (since RA cannot use Demolition Comet or Meteor Cudgel, unless you're factoring in class use into the equation), it's better off to compare the end results of the weapons.

Goldfishy
Mar 16, 2005, 06:35 PM
Personally I have all three and I like the Meteor Cudgel the most. I use it with my HUnewearl and it works out pretty well.

Bu5ta
Mar 16, 2005, 07:10 PM
Well it all depends. I really hate these types of discussions because they always end up in things like, "You like Demo Comet!! You n00b!! u suck... bleh bleh", so hopefully this doesn't happen here.

Anyways, I prefer MKB over the others simply because my RAmar can use it, and I like the special. Demo Comet is good because it can be found with HIT quite easily, and so can Meteor Cudgel. I say Demo Comet > Meteor Cudgel special wise, but Meteor Cudgel's shifta boost makes it better as far as damage goes.

Here is how I would rank them:

1) MKB
2) Meteor Cudgel
3) Demo Comet

I chose that rank simply by damage. Of course there are other elements, as I mentioned above, but when it all comes down to it, I don't think a special is enough to make Demo Comet better than Cudgel. MKB is number 1 simply because RAs can use it and it can be upgraded to BKB, which PWNZ the other two.

Quo
Mar 16, 2005, 07:19 PM
Demo Comet is my preference. Meteor Cudgel's variable ATP makes it too unreliable, plus its just ugly IMO. MKB becomes BKB but that's the only upside to it I see. BKB has great stats but is also ugly. An expanding black stick, yay! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Edit:

On 2003-10-27 22:10, VulpesMundi wrote:

How about a useful comparison example?
Sure. Lets use the Meteor Cudgel and Demolition Comet, since most people seem to think the Meteor Cudgel is the better of the two statistic wise.

Meteor Cudgel has 300-560 base variable ATP, grinds to +15, and has a maximum variable ATP of 330-590. The variable difference is 260 ATP, and with level 30 Shifta it will gain a maximum bonus of roughly 122 ATP (bringing the variable ATP to 330-712, a difference of 382).

Demolition Comet has 530 base fixed ATP, grinds to +25, and has a maximum fixed ATP of 580. Since the ATP is fixed, there is no variance or Shifta bonus.

Without Shifta the Demolition Comet seems the overall better choice, as it will always give 580 ATP as opposed to the Meteor Cudgel having 330-590 with a median of 460.

With Shifta the issue gets a bit more convoluted. Level 30 Shifta bumps the Meteor Cudgel's maximum ATP to a whopping 712, but you also have to consider that the minimum is still 330. This means that the variance is now 382 and the median is 521. The Demolition Comet remains at 580, and therefore would still be the overall better weapon in a truely average scenario.

This truly puts a new perspective on things. Weapons that first appear to be really strong may not be as effective as one thinks. You truly do have to examine a weapon's attributes to understand how it will work in the long run.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-03-16 16:33 ]</font>

Xaos127
Mar 17, 2005, 07:06 AM
"You like Demo Comet!! You n00b!! u suck..."

On a serious note, I only use the Demo Comet because of the look of it. I mean when you are strong enough to have all 3 to choose from I dont think it really matters how strong they are. Teh IcE crystals are 1337!!

Neith
Mar 17, 2005, 08:36 AM
Im fond of the Demolition Comet, partly because it was the first weapon I counted as 'decent', and from the only Red Slime ive ever seen http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif The Meteor Cudgel is variable ATP, whereas I believe the Demo Comet is fixed ATP? I dont really like the MKB/BKB, because you can hardly see them when you're not fighting, but the BKB is probably the best of the 3 mentioned. For aesthetics, the Demo Comet looks great, turning into a beatstick when it extends, and I really like the diamond shaped blades. The Meteor Cudgel looks ok I guess, but not as seksi as Demo Comet. BKB is just a black stick http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Fighting Ability:
1)Black King Bar
2)Demolition Comet
3)Meteor Cudgel (because of variable ATP)

Looks:
1)Demolition Comet
2)Meteor Cudgel
3)Black King Bar

Is it just me, or can anyone see an onslaught of these style topics coming? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hrith
Mar 17, 2005, 09:10 AM
Demolition Comet is clearly more powerful than Meteor Cudgel or Monkey King Bar, but I like Meteor Cudgel the best.

Fyrin
Mar 17, 2005, 05:36 PM
BKB looks cool, IMO. I'm getting tired of getting Demolition Comets left and right. I rather be getting MKBs.

Arnot
Mar 17, 2005, 06:51 PM
On 2005-03-16 16:10, Bu5ta wrote:
Here is how I would rank them:

1) MKB
2) Meteor Cudgel
3) Demo Comet
I agree with Bu5ta except for one thing. Replace MKB w/ BKB ground all the way. Then you have your numero uno of the three.

PatserGOUKI
Mar 18, 2005, 06:30 AM
As Quo, quoted Vulpes: The Demolition Comet is the strongest! (stronger than Meteor Cudgel)

It's personal: I like the Meteor for looks.
Then the Demolition comet, then the Monkey King Bar.

I hate BKB, its for morons, who have a cheated one, most of the time...

PatserGOUKI

Maridia
Mar 18, 2005, 08:17 AM
Why is it for morons? I plan to find and make myself a legit one because it looks awesome. I was given a spare Demo Comet by mister super legit kick Ochre, and yeah, that thing looks great. I wish I could get its stats up, though. Why the heck do photon drops have to be dropping so few and far between? I haven't found any in weeks. -_-

CrazyJ
Mar 18, 2005, 12:41 PM
On 2005-03-18 05:17, Maridia wrote:
Why is it for morons? I plan to find and make myself a legit one because it looks awesome. I was given a spare Demo Comet by mister super legit kick Ochre, and yeah, that thing looks great. I wish I could get its stats up, though. Why the heck do photon drops have to be dropping so few and far between? I haven't found any in weeks. -_-

heh, try being stuck in offline mode only. Have 75 Photon Drops and counting now. Absolutely worthless to me though, but I keep em just in case...

-- J

Ochre
Mar 18, 2005, 02:03 PM
On 2005-03-18 05:17, Maridia wrote:
....I was given a spare Demo Comet by mister super legit kick Ochre, and yeah, that thing looks great....

Haha, I'm a super-legit? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Ummm, yeah. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ochre on 2005-03-18 11:06 ]</font>

Maridia
Mar 18, 2005, 04:26 PM
No no no. I said you're on a Super Legit Kick currently. ;P You're TRYING to behave. Which is admirable. And cute. *patpat*

And actually, I think someone lent me a meteor cudgel that I haven't had a chance to look at yet! Guess I'll do that when I get home.

RadiantLegend
Mar 19, 2005, 12:33 PM
I've found way to much meteors, started with a demo comet, and just found a mkb.

My demo comet has 25hit which i really miss since i just made a bkb. I would have kept it a mkb but my hucsl also looks good with the bkb. ^_^ i plan to hunt another mkb.

As for the meteor, i don't like the look at all.

Eihwaz
Mar 19, 2005, 12:41 PM
Demolition Comet is my prefered choice of the two. Love the way it looks. Meteor Cudgel looks just as cool, but I like DC's stats just a bit better. :3

Bu5ta
Mar 20, 2005, 01:31 AM
On 2005-03-18 03:30, PatserGOUKI wrote:
As Quo, quoted Vulpes: The Demolition Comet is the strongest! (stronger than Meteor Cudgel)

Not with Shifta its not. I don't care what the numbers say. I have used both with my HUnewearl and Cudgel was doing more on average than my Comet. Perhaps I was getting lucky, but on average my cudgel was doing about 10 more damage than my comet. Although I do admit that I like the consistency of the Comet, I prefer the power of the Cudgel better.

Hrith
Mar 20, 2005, 07:56 AM
Even with Shifta Lv 30 on, Demolition Comet is clearly more powerful than Meteor Cudgel.

You need Shifta Lv 61 to make Meteor Cudgel more powerful.

Bu5ta
Mar 20, 2005, 03:47 PM
On 2005-03-20 04:56, Kef wrote:
Even with Shifta Lv 30 on, Demolition Comet is clearly more powerful than Meteor Cudgel.

Wrong.

I just did an experiment to test this, heres what I used.

Demolition Comet (fully grinded) (25/0/15/20)
Meteor Cudgel (fully grinded) (25/0/0/0/15)
HUnewearl lvl 80.

I went into Forest 1 and casted Shifta (lvl 20). My Meteor Cudgel was doing approximately 230-250 per hit and my Demo Comet was doing 241-243 in damage. On Critical hits I was doing well over what my Demo Comet was doing on Critical Hits.... so if you include Critical Hits into the equation, then Meteor Cudgel is CLEARLY the stronger of the two.

I'd love to know how you figure that level 61 Shifta is needed to make it better.

TheSoulEater
Mar 20, 2005, 03:50 PM
I love them all, i just prefer the DC.

Hrith
Mar 20, 2005, 04:26 PM
On 2005-03-20 12:47, Bu5ta wrote:
Wrong.Ok, n00b, you asked for it.

Meteor Cudgel has 300-560 base variable ATP, grinds to +15, and has a maximum variable ATP of 330-590. The variable difference is 260 ATP, and with level 30 Shifta it will gain a maximum bonus of roughly 122 ATP (bringing the variable ATP to 330-712, a difference of 382).

Demolition Comet has 530 base fixed ATP, grinds to +25, and has a maximum fixed ATP of 580. Since the ATP is fixed, there is no variance or Shifta bonus.

Without Shifta the Demolition Comet seems the overall better choice, as it will always give 580 ATP as opposed to the Meteor Cudgel having 330-590 with a median of 460.

With Shifta the issue gets a bit more convoluted. Level 30 Shifta bumps the Meteor Cudgel's maximum ATP to a whopping 712, but you also have to consider that the minimum is still 330. This means that the variance is now 382 and the median is 521. The Demolition Comet remains at 580, and therefore would still be the overall better weapon in a truly average scenario.

Demolition Comet has 59 more ATP with Lv 30 Shifta. So the difference would be even greater with HUnewearl's Lv 20 Shifta.

Thing you should learn for next time, I'm never wrong.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-03-20 13:30 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 20, 2005, 04:30 PM
On 2005-03-20 12:47, Bu5ta wrote:

On 2005-03-20 04:56, Kef wrote:

Wrong.

Right.

You're not factoring variable ATP.

Anyways, I think Demoliton Comet looks so cool, with the crystals and such coming out from the side. My friend prefers Meteor Cudgel. I've never used a MKB, same as my friend. So that's kinda what it comes down to.

EDIT: Dammit Kef, you beat me to it http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-20 13:31 ]</font>

kazuma56
Mar 20, 2005, 04:55 PM
I say MKB, it's the only one my RAmar can use and it's special is decent for him, For hunters I would probably say DC because it's the only one I have, MC I haven't tried yet but it looks cool.

Bu5ta
Mar 20, 2005, 05:31 PM
On 2005-03-20 13:26, Kef wrote:

Thing you should learn for next time, I'm never wrong.

Wrong.

"Never" and "Wrong" are both negatives which cancel out which means that the two words revert to their opposites which just so happen to be "Always" and "Right", so then if you insert the two, then your sentence says,

"Thing you should learn for next time, I'm always right."

*thinks to himself*

Awwww, shyt. That didn't come out right.....

*slaps himself*

Ok, I admit defeat for now.

Demolition Comet > Meteor Cudgel.

>_<