PDA

View Full Version : Who is best to go solo?

Scythapox
Mar 16, 2005, 07:39 PM
I'm gonna make a new character that is only meant to go solo. which character has the easist time through every mode.

Forgot to say I would like to rush him to ultiame as fast as I can. I think that is the same with (who has the easist time) but still

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scythapox on 2005-03-16 16:50 ]</font>

TheOneHero
Mar 16, 2005, 07:49 PM
Ramarl.

Hands down.

Level 20 techs and Anti level 7. A HUGE variety of guns and melee weapons. Not to mention they are just so damn seksi.

Scythapox
Mar 16, 2005, 07:53 PM
On 2005-03-16 16:49, TheOneHero wrote:
Ramarl.

Hands down.

Level 20 techs and Anti level 7. A HUGE variety of guns and melee weapons. Not to mention they are just so damn seksi.

My friend is one I gave her the best "normal" rifle and shot. She owns now lol, but don't all class's giving them the right weapons early

oh yea she is level 29 in hard caves

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Scythapox on 2005-03-16 16:54 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
Mar 16, 2005, 07:54 PM
RAmarl or FOnewm. Pick your poison.

Scythapox
Mar 16, 2005, 07:56 PM
On 2005-03-16 16:54, RicoRoyal wrote:

You sure FOnewm are good in normal I know they own later but early on?

PJ
Mar 16, 2005, 08:01 PM
Early on, give them a good mag BAM! Herpes.

...Don't worry about me >_>;;; Anyways.

The offline soloers are HUnewearl, RAmarl and FOnewm.

HUnewearl/RAmarl have S/D/J/Z, making them self supportive. FOnewm can tech spam offline.

Online though, they aren't too hot.

Scythapox
Mar 16, 2005, 08:06 PM
Thank You all since RAmarl is one of the best I'll just use my friends to get the items I want he is the class I need Redria. I mean new character or level 30 character

Omega_Nova
Mar 16, 2005, 08:07 PM
On 2005-03-16 16:56, Scythapox wrote:

On 2005-03-16 16:54, RicoRoyal wrote:

You sure FOnewm are good in normal I know they own later but early on?

Sure just save some tech disks from your ult runs, give him a 200 mag and yes.

Arnot
Mar 16, 2005, 08:21 PM
Yeah after giving my RAmarl all lv 20 techs that i had been saving she totally owns offline. Right now she's in Ult Mines on level 67...

Hrith
Mar 16, 2005, 08:38 PM
FOnewearl is a better soloer than FOnewm, she can handle Ep1 as good and Ep2 much better, give good advice, plz kthxbai

Evil_Althena8
Mar 16, 2005, 08:51 PM
I agree with kef. FOnewearl is so much easier to solo with than any other force IMO ESPECIALLY at lower levels (due to simple tech boost).

oh...and soloing with a FOmarl is...well, difficult to say the very least, especially without tweaking. God...i hate FOmarls

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Evil_Althena8 on 2005-03-16 17:59 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 16, 2005, 08:55 PM
Simple tech boost? So?

Tech spam with Ra/Gi boosts. Maybe the single enemeis will die faster (*With simple tech boost, I mean), but the rooms will drop multiple times faster.

No resta boost? Not needed.

So, all FOnewearls have going for them is Megid penetration. And, while I'll admit it's useful, it's certainly not the deciding point.

*Edit

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-16 17:56 ]</font>

RicoRoyal
Mar 16, 2005, 09:17 PM
If for some ungodly reason the argument over FOnewearl being better for solo than FOnewm has grown into something noteworthy and is still in touchable conditions by friday, then I shall be back. *creeps back into the shadows in preparation... for remaining two finals http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif*

Calx
Mar 16, 2005, 09:27 PM
One more RAmarl vote from here.

Hrith
Mar 16, 2005, 09:52 PM
FOnewearl has:
-higher MST, and MST growth.
-higher TP.
-higher EVP.
-better Resta.
-better tech boost; simple: FOnewm is badly pwned, normal and hard: the damage FOnewm will deal over FOnewearl is not enough for him to use less techs to defeat the same monster, thus they are equal.
-Megid penetration.
-access to more equipment.

FOnewm has:
-higher DFP and HP.

Easy choice.

Edit: Yeah, I vote RAmarl, by very far.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kef on 2005-03-16 18:54 ]</font>

PJ
Mar 16, 2005, 10:01 PM
On 2005-03-16 18:52, Kef wrote:
FOnewearl has:
With FOnewm just inches behind.

-higher TP.
Which goes along with the higher MST >_>

-higher EVP.
I'd take Def/HP over Evp anyday, especially since as a Force, it'll be rare when I am hit. And when I do, I get hit by things that can't be evaded. Belra arm? Bringer shot? Techniques?

-better Resta.
Which comes with the better MST. So it will be jsut barely better.

-better tech boost; simple: FOnewm is badly pwned, normal and hard: the damage FOnewm will deal over FOnewearl is not enough for him to use less techs to defeat the same monster, thus they are equal.

FOnewm may not be doing the same damage to a single monster, but he's doing about 85% of that damage to all monsters (Since, a lot of packs come of monsters that are of the same weakness anyways).

-Megid penetration.
Pointed out, albeit I will admit it's useful.

ST loves their girls http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT: But to be fair Kef, I can't compare my own FOnewearl to FOnewm, sicne my FOnewearl is melee, and my FOnewm is my only casting Force. And he's raped offline mode (Level 91, all quests and both episodes completed on Ult)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-16 19:03 ]</font>

Hrith
Mar 16, 2005, 10:10 PM
You didn't make a single point, did you actually read my post or just quoted it ?

FOnewm does NOT DEAL MORE damage than FOnewearl.
Better DFP and HP is the ONLY thing he has over FOnewearl. The point is tech spamming, yes ?

And with support techs, monsters cannot heavily damage you, anyway, so the few points he has over FOnewearl in DFP is not very useful.

His HP is about the same for 70% of the levels, and even at max, the difference is not huge, not huge at all.

So all in all, FOnewm has NOTHING over FOnewearl.

Omega_Nova
Mar 16, 2005, 10:12 PM
On 2005-03-16 19:10, Kef wrote:
And with support techs, monsters cannot heavily damage you, anyway, so the few points he has over FOnewearl in DFP is not very useful.

Who needs support techs when you can spam monsters to death with Ra techs?

PJ
Mar 16, 2005, 10:13 PM
My point about the damage is, he's killing MORE while FOnewearl is killing one. So he is killing faster.

Sure, Barta can technically hit more than one, but not only do few enemies have ice weaknesses, but it's also more frustrating to use than a launcher.

And frankly, Def/Evp both don't matter much on a Force anyways. If you have the HP, it's all the same anywahs.

EDIT: With the support techs, I mean.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-16 19:13 ]</font>

Omega_Nova
Mar 16, 2005, 10:15 PM
On 2005-03-16 19:13, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:
My point about the damage is, he's killing MORE while FOnewearl is killing one. So he is killing faster.

Sure, Barta can technically hit more than one, but not only do few enemies have ice weaknesses, but it's also more frustrating to use than a launcher.

And frankly, Def/Evp both don't matter much on a Force anyways. If you have the HP, it's all the same anywahs.

EDIT: With the support techs, I mean.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SUPAH_CHAO on 2005-03-16 19:13 ]</font>

SUPAH CHAO put it perfectly, plus if you wanted Fonewearl's basic tech boost you could always equip something.

Skorpius
Mar 16, 2005, 10:25 PM
FOnewearl has:

Early on, this does not matter. They may have a higher MAX MST, but FOnewm's tech boosts makes their damage hurt more, even at level 150 (base MST).

-higher TP.

Fluids aren't too difficult to come by.

-higher EVP.

Most people think EVP is pointless. They DO have higher EVP, but, as you've said once before, most enemies either deal fixed damage, hit though the EVP, or instantly kill. Not sure which side of the EVP argument you're on. ;/

-better Resta.

Irrelevant when you're solo.

Wrong. Simple math. A group of 5, in Ultimate, will go down in 4 casts, as opposed to 15. Even in Very Hard: A group of 5 will go down in 3 techs, instead of 5. The TP costs aren't so high between Simple and Heavy that it would come out equal.

-Megid penetration.

Not sure when this would be insanely usefull without level 25+, which you won;t have until higher levels. All of Ep1 and half of Ep2, Megid is pointless. There are only a handfull of enemies that Megid is usefull on, and it costs quite a bit to spam with.

This is your only valid point. ;/

FOnewm has:
-higher DFP and HP.

And more options to save MST by actually able to melee! They also can fist-tech. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

You need to start using real facts, instead of personal preferences to argue a point.

Bishop711
Mar 16, 2005, 10:26 PM
I have not played with either of them but if fonewms do in fact dont do that much more damage than fonls with ra/gi spells because she has more mst and it takes the same amount of casts to kill enemies, then wouldn't fonl be better because they could kill singled out enemies faster if they happened to be spread out, on opposite sides of the room, and ra spells could not hit both at the same time. I assume a fonewm would have to cast more simple techs to kill an enemy. A fonl would also kill stronger enemies that appear seperate sometimes like pan arms, bringer, hidelt etc with simple techs or megid better than fonwm. So if it's true it takes same amount gi/ra casts as fonwm to kill guys, then fonwl is better. If not then they are about even. Also I think fonewms other advantages over her dont really matter offline. Anyway they are very close in ep 1 at least.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bishop711 on 2005-03-16 20:15 ]</font>

Hrith
Mar 16, 2005, 10:45 PM
Skorp is 100% wrong, as usual, so I'll skip his reply.

I'll make it clear enough for a 4-year old to get it, since you seem too stupid to understand after 2 posts of mine.

Simple techs: FOnewearl wins.
Normal techs: they need the same amount of techs to kill a group = equal.
Hard techs: see above.
Megid: FOnewearl wins.
Grants: FOnewearl wins.
HP: difference is not relevant.
TP/MST: FOnewearl wins.
DFP: Jellen/Deband Lv 30 make them equal.
EVP: EVP is useful when you do not get hit often, which is the case for casting forces and rangers, FOnewearl wins.

When I say FOnewearl is as powerful, I mean using the same tech, duh.
If it takes 4 Gifoies to take down a group of Bartles with a FOnewm, it will take 4 Gifoies to take them down with a FOnewearl, as well.

So it's either they are equal, or FOnewearl wins.
As a tech caster, there is not one thing FOnewm can do better.

This is purely factual, if you don't accept it, leave this thread.

RicoRoyal
Mar 16, 2005, 11:04 PM
On 2005-03-16 19:45, Kef wrote:
Skorp is 100% wrong, as usual, so I'll skip his reply.

Pathetic.

Skorpius
Mar 16, 2005, 11:06 PM
Kef fails, don't listen to him.

Fonewearl's only power is Simple techs. You'll never have higher Heavy or Mid level techs until you're about level 130+. FOnewm wins when you actually THINK about it, instead of spurt irrelevant "facts".

You will have:

High level Simple Techs.
Mid level Nomral Techs.
Low level Heavy Techs.

FOnewearls can;t boost those low level USEFULL techs, the fail at casting because of this. Their tech roster and boosts will make them TP guzzlers, they suck at teching. Simple.

FOnewm wins. They boost the power of those lacking techs that you'll have for levels 1 - 130. If you actually play as a force, and PAY ATTENTION, then you'll know a thing or two about giving USEFULL advice.

PhotonDrop
Mar 16, 2005, 11:14 PM
Now Kef, take what you said and lower it to non elitist standards.

will a newer Force have access to uber rares like you?

will a newer Force know how to max out their MST as early as possible like you?

come on man, this isn't about what's better after Kef maxed everything possible. Not everyone will have lv 30 techs by the time they hit Ultimate :/

Bishop711
Mar 16, 2005, 11:32 PM
Ok, fonewm is better early on with much more gi/ra damage in comparison so they can kill faster, fonwl is better at the point where the damage difference in ra/gi spells becomes reduced to the point where it takes the same amount of casts to kill enemies. Not sure exactly what level that is though...

Since Scythapox wants to rush to ultimate, a fonewm would be better with his situation. (without tweaking)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bishop711 on 2005-03-16 20:41 ]</font>

tank1
Mar 18, 2005, 08:45 AM
RAmar!!!

Neith
Mar 18, 2005, 09:28 AM
RAmarl, although its painfully easy with a HUnewearl. Adding to the FO arguement, the Gi/Ra tech boost of a FOnewm is IMO a lot more handy than a penetrating Megid, although Megid pwns a lot of the game at a high level. The simple techs boost of a 'newearl is really handy too, especially in areas like offline forest, cca etc, where enemies dont really gang up together, making simple techs more effective, as they do more damage. Combine a Foie Merge, Hildebear's Cane on a FOnewearl, and you have one hell of a Foie (700 damage at lv70 with 700 MST I seem to remember)FOnewearl wins. However, in packed areas, such as Mines, Ruins, Temple etc, a Gi/Ra boost is much more useful, so FOnewm wins here. Considering a FOnewearl wont have much difference in MST at lv200, the Gi/Ra boost will significantly overpower the Gi/Ra techs of a FOnewearl, whilst the FOnewearl will undoubtedly handle single enemies easier. In my opinion here, there isnt much difference between them, it depends where to decide to play http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif
I hope this doesnt become a flame war, again...

Hrigg
Mar 18, 2005, 09:52 AM
I would have to say FOnewm over all. Why? You can kill stuff quickest. Yeah, sure, a FOneweral has penetrating Megid, from what I know Demonic Fork gives that and can be equipped by a FOnewm. They're equal on that. Hmmm... how to kill stuff quicker, oh yeah! The RA spells. I don't want to spend longer using the simple spells taking out each enemy one by one, I want to kill them all at once, *gasp* the FOnewm wins this one. TP and MST, this one's way to obvious, FOneweral has much higher MST and TP. In terms of looks, FOnewm is awesome looking http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif, but FOneweral has more a wider variety of items for it. But, FOnewm is the only Smoking Plate user...

FOnewm:4
FOneweral:3
Both:1
FOnewm wins.

Kthxbai?

Vielka
Mar 18, 2005, 03:01 PM
On 2005-03-16 17:38, Kef wrote:
FOnewearl is a better soloer than FOnewm, she can handle Ep1 as good and Ep2 much better

ill have to second that.

Sitka
Mar 18, 2005, 03:22 PM
Just my experience, so take that for what it's worth (which is a lot to me and probably not much for anyone else). I would rank the solo characters that I've taken through to ultimate in the following order (from easiest to hardest):

1 - Ramarl
2 - Fonewearl
3 - Fonewm
4 - Fomarl
5 - Fomar
6 - Racast
6 - Racaseal
8 - Hucaseal
9 - Hucast

I did not include Hunewearl, Humar or Ramar, because I have not played them through into ultimate on my current platform and my recollection of those chars is both hazy and based on non-tweaking. All the above, with the exception of the Racast, were given high level items prior to rushing them through to ultimate. I also have taken four Fonewearls, two Fonewms, two Hucaseals and five Hucasts into ultimate, so I know those characters the best.

The Ramarl is the complete package - the best char in the game IMHO - and has great everything including ranged weapons available early. Too bad she's not that good in c-mode, but as a solo player, she's great - and easy.

I have personally preferred and have had an easier time getting Fonewearls into ultimate over Fonewms. Fonewearls can do such powerful basic attacks and get early access to basic tech boosting weps. They can also rip up bosses pretty well, even at low levels, which is why I keep playing them - they're fantastic for c-mode. As a solo artist, I've found them very easy to take up.

Fonewms are close with their Ra techs and such, but they don't get as many good weapons equippable as early as the Fonewearl, so their spamming ability may not be quite great until they can start equipping higher level weps. They're quite good and fairly easy - don't get me wrong - I would just give the edge to the Fonewearl based on my experience.

Forces have a huge advantage in rushing to ult in general if you can give them high level techs and a mind mag early on. The advantage is not quite so good if they're starting from scratch.

The Rangers have access to ranged weapons which gives them the ability to doorway snipe and that allows faster racing (or at least lower level)into ultimate.

Hunters with traps have an advantage over non-droid hunters due to their ability to confuse or freeze packs of enemies and then mow them down (I count ont the twins for the S&D and have been know to use s-ranks for the zalure). They have difficulty with boss fights though due to the lack of many good ranged weapons - just my experience.

Again, my limited experience with the Hunewearl, Humar and Ramar does not mean they shouldn't be placed higher on the list - obviously they should. This specific post has more to do with my own observations than anything based on fact, but tends to give Ramarl-Fonewearl-Fonewm the advantage in that order.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-18 12:28 ]</font>

DezoPenguin
Mar 18, 2005, 05:15 PM
RAmarl first. This character was designed for soloing. The second-highest ATA, long-range weapons, L20 techniques, and decent ATP.

Force-wise...*sigh* Honestly, how much does it matter? If your force is tweaked, it's going to gut ANYTHING on N-VH like a fish, be your FO Newm or Newearl. There'll be some places where the Newm's RA-tech boost will save you a casting (and possibly some pain), and there'll be others where a Sinow is flying at you and the Newearl's MST and simple tech boost will do the same. If your Force is NOT tweaked, then drop the whole argument, because an UN-tweaked force will be slower than nearly anyone because your techs will cast more slowly and you'll be piping back up to restore fluids. Newms and Newearls will still be faster than human forces.

Come to think of it, if you're untweaked, Get. A. Ranger. The ATA growth and long-range sniping will cover for your lack of powerful items. RAcaseal will be your worst choice; for the sake of just getting into Ult (NOT what happens afterwards), RAcast and RAmar are virtually identical.

If the character is tweaked: RAmarl, HUnewearl, FOnewearl, FOnewm, RAcast.

And ultimately, I can't discuss whether a HUcast's lack of ATA will be overcome by his high ATP, 'cause I've never played one outside Normal.

Skorpius
Mar 18, 2005, 05:22 PM
On 2005-03-16 20:32, Bishop711 wrote:
Ok, fonewm is better early on with much more gi/ra damage in comparison so they can kill faster, fonwl is better at the point where the damage difference in ra/gi spells becomes reduced to the point where it takes the same amount of casts to kill enemies. Not sure exactly what level that is though...

Too late for it to even be relevant.