PDA

View Full Version : Which is quicker?

Ice_ryu
Mar 17, 2005, 08:49 AM
If you want to rush through normal and hard mode to get to vhard mode as quickly as posible (time wise)
Which is the fastest to complete EP1 or EP2. Dont take in consideration diffeculty, just the time it takes to runs through it.

Hrith
Mar 17, 2005, 09:15 AM
Ep2, especially since there are so many monsters you can skip in Ep2.

Dhylec
Mar 17, 2005, 12:45 PM
to get to ult as lowest lev, i think ep1 is better
less exp ;o ..at least from bosses >_>

rena-ko
Mar 17, 2005, 01:02 PM
no, overall, ep2 gives less exp because you simply dont have to kill that much enemies.

but imho, its a pain in the butt to clear those stages with no artificial buffs (handed down mags and stuff like that). i'd rather go the easy way and just clear ep1.

any way, good luck

Sitka
Mar 17, 2005, 01:03 PM
Hands down it's episode 2.

I've tried both with many, many characters and I can always get them to ult on Ep 2 under 40, but the best I've done on Ep 1 is around 42-43 or so.

As Kef said, there are many areas in Episode 2 where you can get open doors without killing everything and many rooms you can skip completely. Bring your scapes and telepipe frequently, because it is not easy.

Joltox
Mar 17, 2005, 02:46 PM
Depending on what class you choose, I would have to say that episode one is the fastest. For me anyway.

Evil_Althena8
Mar 17, 2005, 03:22 PM
I prefer ep1 any day over ep2. I've been playing ep1 since DC days and I'm so familiar with every map layout that it's just quicker. I'm not as good at ep2 because I'm not familiar with the layouts...particularly the temple is annoying.

Sitka
Mar 17, 2005, 03:46 PM
I used to hate Ep 2 - now there is nowhere else I would rather be. Given a choice between running forest-Falz and running Temple-Flow, I'll always take the latter. Plus the Towers, Seabeds have been very, very good to me, the Respective Tomorrow Quest, the lucky coin opportunities. I love Episode II.

The bosses are cooler as well - Gal Gryphon and Dark Flow beat the pants off Vol Opt and Dark Falz - in my book anyway.

The one area that I do not like to play a lot in is jungle-mountain-seaside. I hate shock monkeys and gees with a passion.

So my pattern for taking a char to ult quickly usually goes like this:

Temple - no problem, dart in, dart out, doorways snipe when neccessary, know the patterns on the boss - fairly easy.

Spaceship - a bit more annoying. Lots of confuse for the droids or jellen if forcing, pipe before each room - be careful with the scorcerors and know the boss patterns - not too bad.

Islands - they had to make a suck-ass area didn't they. This is the one area I do not look forward to clearing. Fortunately, it is not as long as that annoying seaside area in RT.

CCA - not too bad. Freeze and jellen the sinows and cure shock for the damn monkeys. Gryphon is an awesome boss to fight - just need to know the patterns.

Seabeds - learns the maps, know the maps. When you know what to expect, it's not that difficult. Morphos and Deldepths SUCK, but everything else is predictable. Boss fight is fun.

Thinking back to the original question, it may be easier and in some ways FASTER to go the Ep 1 route: use the same % weapon for each area, enemies aren't too dificult and very predictable, bosses aren't very difficult for most classes with the right stuff. Episode II requires, in my experience, more patience, more piping and more doorway sniping - so it may take longer, but you'll reach ult at a lower level.

That's been my experience anyway.

Shiva91
Mar 17, 2005, 03:53 PM
CCA and surronding areas could have had cooler music, I never really tried ep2 as a route to the ult mode, Ep1 is an easy through the game. I got in the ult mode lvl 40 with my Fownewearl in a day. I'll try ep2 next to see results. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif