PDA

View Full Version : what should i go after a delsaber's right arm or a stag cutl

Hunter_X
Mar 17, 2005, 06:57 PM
meh i cant decide on this one, the right arm has a drop rate of 1/1588 on normal delsabers ( stupid purplenum!) and the stag cutlery has a drop rate of 1/352 with guil sharks on vh.......Which one has a better chance of me finding it?

Jason
Mar 17, 2005, 07:02 PM
For a Delsaber's Right Arm, the drop rate of 1/1588 is not worth it and the experience points for hunting one there on normal mode isn't worth it. There are better drop rates of higher difficulties for it on certain ID's. If I have to choose one between those two with these drop rates, a Stag Cutlery is my pick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jason on 2005-03-17 16:04 ]</font>

GreenArcher
Mar 19, 2005, 11:02 AM
yeah definatly go with that stag cutlery, its a pretty decent twin saber. Not to mention the best twin for RAmars and RAcasts.

nightmaremann
Mar 19, 2005, 11:07 AM
Delsaber's Buster is a lot stronger than Stag Cutlery though.

Ryna
Mar 19, 2005, 11:09 AM
On 2005-03-19 08:02, Green_Archer3 wrote:
yeah definatly go with that stag cutlery, its a pretty decent twin saber. Not to mention the best twin for RAmars and RAcasts.

I'm not so sure I would call it the best twin saber for male rangers. The Twin Blaze, SRank Twin, and Monkey King Bar have better stats. However, those weapons are only available in Ultimate and the Stag will last you until Ultimate Forest.

As for the poster's question, I would definitely recommend trying for the Stag Cutlery over the Delsaber's right arm.

Jason
Mar 19, 2005, 11:21 AM
On 2005-03-19 08:07, nightmaremann wrote:

A Delsaber's Buster may be stronger in stats, but doesn't hit as much as a Stag Cutlery in all 3 combos. In the drop rate provided for each, would you really recommend looking for one in normal mode in a drop rate of 1/5000 over the Stag Cutlery? Your crazy.

Now go compare a Lavis Cannon and a Double Cannon. If you still think a Delsaber's Buster is worth it over a Stag Cutlery, that would be like a Lavis Cannon (tekked) is worth it over a Double Cannon though that saber is required to create it.

Skorpius
Mar 19, 2005, 11:45 AM
The Delsaber's Set is more of a luck drop than anything else, if you found it, use it. If not, hunt something else.

nightmaremann
Mar 19, 2005, 11:50 AM
On 2005-03-19 08:21, Jason wrote:

On 2005-03-19 08:07, nightmaremann wrote:

In the drop rate provided for each, would you really recommend looking for one in normal mode in a drop rate of 1/5000 over the Stag Cutlery? Your crazy.

Perhaps...

Jason
Mar 19, 2005, 05:04 PM
Obviously a n00b. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Arnot
Mar 19, 2005, 06:13 PM
On 2005-03-19 14:04, Jason wrote:
Obviously a n00b. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

OMGWTFROFLMAO http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Omega_Nova
Mar 19, 2005, 07:06 PM
On 2005-03-19 15:13, Arnot wrote:

On 2005-03-19 14:04, Jason wrote:

OMGWTFROFLMAO http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

>_> I think you just contridicted yourself Arnot...

Anyways think of it this way
(I'm just making up numbers here)
Double saber hit: 6 (I believe, can't remember)
Saber hit:3

Double saber attack: 9
Saber attack: 17 (WHOAMG BETTER ATP,,,,, IT PWNz0rZ ALL ELSE!!!1 DOUBLE SABERS=PHAUILUREZEERS!!!1121)

Saber hits 17x3, total damage: 51
DS hits 9x6, total damage: 54 (And I find DS have a better chance at finishing a 3 link combo, IMO)

toly369
Mar 19, 2005, 09:18 PM
I say go for the Delsaber's Buster and get the Shield of Delsaber. It is not hard to get, and the combo is hella powerful. My lvl 114 Skyly Humar still uses it cause it packs more punch than my fully grinded Red Saber and ungrinded Red Sword.

Omega_Nova
Mar 19, 2005, 11:33 PM
On 2005-03-19 18:18, toly369 wrote:
I say go for the Delsaber's Buster and get the Shield of Delsaber. It is not hard to get, and the combo is hella powerful. My lvl 114 Skyly Humar still uses it cause it packs more punch than my fully grinded Red Saber and ungrinded Red Sword.

did you not listen to what I just said?

Hunter_X
Mar 20, 2005, 03:35 PM
.....the delsabers buster sounds good now because ive killed 700 guil sharks in vh and i still have no stag cutlery...... i hate purplenum id! (for hunters its bad but for rangers its a good id)

TheSoulEater
Mar 20, 2005, 03:46 PM
Personally, Stag Cutlery is far better, but that is just because i llove doublesabres, partisans, and swords.

Hunter_X
Mar 20, 2005, 03:49 PM
i agree that double sabers are cooler but the drop rate or a stag is like 1/352 and ive killed doubled that number of guil sharks and i still dont have 1

sviatgabor
Mar 21, 2005, 06:01 AM
On 2005-03-19 08:45, Skorpius wrote:
The Delsaber's Set is more of a luck drop than anything else, if you found it, use it. If not, hunt something else.

Delsaber's Right Arm is sitting in my bank:D Haven't converted it yet becuase on v2 some of the forest and cave quests freeze when I get to a certain door. So irritating...

Circio
Mar 21, 2005, 12:38 PM
Did you not pay any attention to what his ID is. With a rate of over /5000 in normal mode, there is no way that Delsaber's is worth it. He's much better off just trying for the stag cutlery and using that. Besides, you imply that he also must find a Sield of Delsaber. Which by the way has terrible resistances besides dark.

Fanta
Mar 22, 2005, 08:09 AM
It may have been answered but I dont have time to read.

I have both the Stag and the Delsaber Buster.

Get the Stag if you DONT have the Delsaber Shield, if you DO have it get the Buster.

Neith
Mar 22, 2005, 08:22 AM
Keep looking for the Stag. As pointed out, the Del-Buster (arm) is a 1/5000 ish drop in normal mode, it's not worth looking for with that drop rate unless you're really, really bored.

Hunter_X
Mar 22, 2005, 05:38 PM
meh i have like 6 delsabers shields they drop them like no tommorow in my game

Eanae
Mar 22, 2005, 07:15 PM
Delsaber Buster + Shield racks up just as much ATP as a Lavis Cannon. It's pretty powerfull to get the set. I suggest, however, that you'd get the Stag since it is a world of alot easier to get. If you really have the time, I would recommend the Delsaber combo however.

DB
Mar 22, 2005, 07:51 PM
Well, i'm Purplenum and got a Buster NP. Think I was playing in a different ID game though. Bah. Like they said though. The combination of the Delsaber Buster and Shield is insanly powerful, its right under lavis for kill power.

Stag Cutlery is fun, I had a rough time getting one though for some strange reason. Either way, both are good weapons. Try to get a friend to come over and play some multi-mode or something. Let him make the game so your under his ID. You might have better chances searching for a Buster that way if you're starved for one.

Hunter_X
Mar 22, 2005, 07:57 PM
all my friends are on x box pretty much and those that arent are still on normal http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

TheSoulEater
Mar 22, 2005, 08:04 PM
i had bunches of shields, but in all my battles, a buster never came up.

DB
Mar 22, 2005, 08:07 PM
Hmm. Dunno. Just make another sec ID char then and raise em' up. That's the only other advice I can give. Even though making a whole new char and raising them up that high can be a serious pain in the ass just for an item or two. But hell, i'm making a Redria RAcast just so I can get the God/Items for my HUcast. Plus, I don't have a ranger, and have hardly ever played them. So should be fun and a new experience.

TheSoulEater
Mar 22, 2005, 08:12 PM
from my experience, rangers seem kinda boring and monotonus.(sp?)
they stand back, shoot, minor disturbances when somewhen gets close, ect.
But there rares are freaking cool.

Hunter_X
Mar 22, 2005, 08:14 PM
im already working on a ranger lv 20 pinkal gettin him to hard so i can get one he on ruins easy and has a demon laser 9+ with photon percents of 0/35/0/45/35

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hunter_X on 2005-03-22 17:22 ]</font>

DB
Mar 22, 2005, 08:20 PM
I dunno, I think i'm gonna lover Ranger. Like you said, the rares look freakin' awesome. Who wouldn't want to tote a giant photon cannon around and just blast away with almost no fear of getting nailed?

If you ask me, it'll be cake walk until V-Hard Ep 2 and Ult. Once you hit those, I think the rangers weakness will really start to show.

TheSoulEater
Mar 22, 2005, 08:24 PM
Yea, true. My little brother used a RAcast to lv. 60, and it was pretty cool. But for one player, you can mostly not get it. You either have enough ATP to get through, or not enough where monsters take you apart.

Hunter_X
Mar 22, 2005, 08:32 PM
with rangers though it you dont have to spend as much cash on mates and stuff. but my little brother is like the ranger expert and he has a level 98 racast (he doesnt get homework yet) and he hardly has to spend a penny unless its a boss battle. so his mates' sit in his inventory and collect dust pretty much

TheSoulEater
Mar 22, 2005, 08:34 PM
Yes, that always true.

DB
Mar 22, 2005, 09:04 PM
Sounds like an excellent way to farm up some money for my LvL 44 FOmarl. She's Viridia ID, which should help me uncover some katanas and other goodies. I was thinking about how to make the Shot series weapons more effective. I'd wouldn't mind getting one with and EXP drain special, or possibly something like Ice or Paralysis?

TheSoulEater
Mar 22, 2005, 09:06 PM
Kings Arms are fairly effective, i have used one myself.

DB
Mar 22, 2005, 09:09 PM
Sounds good, i'd probably have a blast with one of those on V-Hard or Ult. I'm just hoping I won't get smacked in the face because of the slow firing intervals. Then again, you can always look for a pair of Kings Vulcans too. Especially as a Ranger, you'd have the ATA to make the special EXP draining attack work pretty effectivly.

TheSoulEater
Mar 22, 2005, 09:13 PM
I prefer The Flight Fan myself, being a hunter. It has the Kings effect and in a high difficulty level, it is a godsend for exp.

Tycho
Mar 22, 2005, 09:16 PM
On 2005-03-17 15:57, Hunter_X wrote:
meh i cant decide on this one, the right arm has a drop rate of 1/1588 on normal delsabers ( stupid purplenum!) and the stag cutlery has a drop rate of 1/352 with guil sharks on vh.......Which one has a better chance of me finding it?

Go for neither of those. Maybe get a Musashi or Yamato from the H / VH Dragon.

DB
Mar 22, 2005, 09:19 PM
Yeah those are both fairly common drops from the Dragon for Purplenum. Only prob is, once you get into the ruins or mines with the Musashi or Yamato, the combat animation totally gets you owned. It feels like you're trying to cut down a wave of enemies in slow motion. Sure, you got damage, and decent ATA on em', but can't hit multiple enemies, and the combo is easily interupted (IMO).

Hunter_X
Mar 24, 2005, 11:05 PM
i already have both and i personally think that the musashi is better because of the beserk special i hit 900s with that!

Bu5ta
Mar 24, 2005, 11:09 PM
On 2005-03-22 18:16, Tycho wrote:

Go for neither of those. Maybe get a Musashi or Yamato from the H / VH Dragon.

Yes. Stag Cutlery is not really worth getting if you ask me. Especially after having a Pinkal character, I've begun to loathe Stags.

I suggest you grab a Musashi or Yamato, just as Tycho suggested. You may also want to nab a Soul Eater. It can be found in normal mode if ya want and its a great low level weapon.

Hunter_X
Mar 24, 2005, 11:18 PM
...............i told ya i have both musashi and yamoto.....and what type of level 78 would i be without killin kireek for his crappy soul eater? i got it in normal mode to. O well my friend just gave me his gigoboomas claw (he has like 10 of them =[!) for my boomas claw.

Evil_Althena8
Mar 25, 2005, 03:41 AM
you're actually looking for a Stag Cutlery? I find them to be a curse. I have no male hunters or rangers to use it with...I would much rather find a delsaber right arm, I've found about 5 of their left arms x_x

Hunter_X
Mar 25, 2005, 03:41 PM
i have about 7 of there left arms now....

TheSoulEater
Mar 27, 2005, 10:25 PM
Why the delsaber's saber or stag cutlery to begin with?
Why not a Sange, Yamiugarisu, Meteor Cudgel, And intresting stuff like that?