PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Lv

Fanta
Mar 18, 2005, 01:12 PM
I just got to Ult Mines and my god its hard for me...

I am Lv 82 breezing through Forest and getting through Cave fine now...

I look at the Guides and OMG...it shoots from suggested 80-85 for Ult Caves to 110 for Ult Mines...

What do you all think about this...??

Dhylec
Mar 18, 2005, 01:17 PM
although not said in there, the guide's levs are consider as the ideal minimum for the experienced &/or tweaked chars
newbies, please add 10lv then attempt again =D

Sitka
Mar 18, 2005, 01:19 PM
Ult mines is very tough for a low level. The Gilchics don't fall apart after one or two shots - they just keep coming. You can't run the Barantz very well, they are too fast. The sinows are faster, tougher and pack a bigger punch.

Your humar is at a disadvantage right now. Without high level shifta/deband/jellen/zalure and without traps, you're going to have a very tough time. And then there is the Boss problem.

I would recommend opening up your quests and go back through forest and caves until you can get some higher level quests with an NPC to use as a shield (Mome is good - payback for the crap he put us through on DC - took me forever, and a lot of stars, to beat unsealed door with that sniveling SOB back then). When you can get Retired Hunter (of course, you'll need to have cleared mines at least once), use Donoph as a shield to level up and get great rares in Ruins three. After you've quested and leveled up, you can go back into mines and tear it apart.

I would recommend getting and using a good gun for mines like a red handgun, or a supressed gun (you can get that with the blue mineral in the cave quest). You could also use a good railgun with hit or a charge weapon to keep the enemies at bay with doorway sniping. Your first clear on mines, plan on having a stockpile of scapes, piping frequently and carry as many healing items as you can.

Just some thoughts - try the one's you like out.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sitka on 2005-03-18 10:31 ]</font>

Fanta
Mar 18, 2005, 01:23 PM
Ahh yes,
I started doing quest, mainly to open Unsleaded Door so I didnt have to quit out to get enemy parts converted...

Will try now...done a few already...

DezoPenguin
Mar 18, 2005, 05:24 PM
There's more nice irony here, because the Mines quests are *significantly* easier than normal Mines runs. Vol Opt and Baranzes, the two greatest threats to underleveled characters, aren't present at all. As Sitka said, you also get valuable meat-shields...especially nice if you're a Ranger or Force, but this is still a good time for a Hunter to bust out the Handguns. Red, specifically, if you've got the ATA.

Unsealed Door even gives you a nice Dal Ra Lie fight for bonus XP at the end.

Oh, and if all you want to do is open the quests for converting enemy parts, just do it on Very Hard. That way you don't have to try (a) clearing the Mines at low level, and (b) clearing Doc's Secret Plan at low level.

Fanta
Mar 19, 2005, 05:50 AM
I have unlocked Unsealed Door on Normal - VH
But I am not going to worry about it any more.
Just going to play the quests until I am high enough to take Ult MInes.

I am also interested on playing the quest to have a shield on Ult Ruins Runs...=) Gimme the rares...

Night_Raid
Mar 19, 2005, 11:38 AM
damnit, sitka got to all the mome wise cracks before me, but jokes set aside, the mines can be a pain but even a party of two can take on ult mines me and my brother usally go there to get exp(lvl 107 and lvl 91 RAmar)my bros basicly my backup mag he has lvl 15 buffs and his stunning attacks help though, i would say you should get to somewere in the late 90's to get through mines.

Xaos127
Mar 19, 2005, 12:40 PM
In my experiences lvl 82 isn't the ideal level for a HUmar to be in the Mines. But if you can get through the Caves fine then I suggest you stay there for another 10-15 levels before you even think about hitting the Ruins. BY the look of your sig I'd think this is your first time in Ult Mines, nothing really too dangerous in there offline. Boss is a pushover if you know what you are doing =)

Fanta
Mar 19, 2005, 12:45 PM
If you know what your doing, well I dont really...

Yes first time in Ult Mines. Aint had it that long.
Played with this character for 155 hours (about 60-70 of which is not doing anything)

Looking at your sig, I think your quite humourous...lmao

Xaos127
Mar 19, 2005, 12:51 PM
Well Vol Opt V2 is just like the first version. Use a double saber on the second form and you should be fine. Plus bring a Scape Doll or nine just in case..

omishi
Mar 19, 2005, 12:59 PM
yea same here. I have a lvl 82 humar and i just got my ass smoked in mine. I can't even get pass 3 room without dieing. Those gilchics are a pain in the ass to kill. The slow effect piss me off and the laser god those thing drain! Right now i'm just doing forest and cave run till i'm high enough to venture into mine.

Fanta
Mar 19, 2005, 01:42 PM
Well, I think I will keep the weps I have.
I have Delsabers Buster, as well as the Shield so my ATP is about 1500-1600ish (lucky me)

To th elast poster: maybe you should do Quest, you can go to Mines/Ruins with a meat shield as suggested...

DB
Mar 19, 2005, 08:18 PM
Hmmm. I dunno, Mines on ULT is pretty rough. I had a HUcast friend with me, using up his traps like mad on the things, I was using my Lavis Cannon, and I was about lvl 116 or so, and we were having a bit of trouble. Even after I used LvL 15 Jellen and Zalure on them, they still packed quite a bit of hurt on us. But, crazy exp, and we did make it through. Had some big probs with Vol Opt though. Killed him given enough time though. I'd say to solo Mines ULT safely, i'd suggest lvl 120-130 for a HUmar. And that's if you plan on using Jellen and Zalure to its fullest along with spamming a little bit of Gi and Rabarta to freeze your enemies. This is also considering your ATP is around 1600 or more.

omishi
Mar 20, 2005, 04:38 AM
Fanta which quest are you talking about? and on which mode?

Fanta
Mar 20, 2005, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the help DB.
I dont really use J/Z that often, but I think I can make an exception.

ominshi: Just play the quests though on Ult.
Unfortunatly, I am up to the one were you have to go through mines, on your own. Dr Ostos Research (??)

DB
Mar 20, 2005, 07:53 PM
Yeah, considering that HUmars were stripped of Shifta/Deband, makes it quite a bit rougher.

Fanta
Mar 22, 2005, 07:58 AM
Indeed,
I hardly use it anyway. I like to see how I can go without using power up spells.

Sometimes our MAG will do it for us...which is good...

Neith
Mar 22, 2005, 08:00 AM
You might wanna start using J/Z, regardless how bad it is. It helps greatly later on, Delsabers own me without Jellen, with it they're pretty lame. I'd consider giving J/Z a try more often, it might help you out a bit.

Fanta
Mar 23, 2005, 03:30 AM
Well, I do have Lv 15 with most spells (J/Z are some of them) so I will try it out.

I havent been bothered playing Mines...I tried again and got slaughtered...
Damn, I cant wait to get caned by Baranz

Nicktendonick
Mar 23, 2005, 01:12 PM
I have a 135 Humar and I still have a hard time in the mines. I got alot of stuff to help (90 mc BKB, 90%mc 40%hit vulcan, 15/14 JZ, and a pair of S-red blades. Still, Hunters have it tough here.

DB
Mar 23, 2005, 03:47 PM
Personally, I think Androids have it easy. Confuse traps own in the mines. They tear into each other fast. And all you to do is run through and drop the trap. And Things in the mines almost always come in decent sized groups. And if you ever get caught, or want to do some killing yourself, whip out a freeze trap. BAM! Spice it up a notch!

Fanta
Mar 27, 2005, 09:43 AM
Pity Im not a Android then.

Im having more luck getting through mines now.
Im Lv 90, I set my R trigger buttons to A - Jellen/B - Zalure just walk in and cast it on them and start hacking at them, I still take some pretty rough slides sometimes.

Also, I have killed some Baranz and as I was told they were hard, but not as hard you said. It takes them 3 shots to kill me and yes they move fast but that doesnt bother me too much...I have killed a total of 3 (2 were in VR Spaceship Beta)

Tycho
Mar 27, 2005, 10:11 AM
Level 1 is sufficient to do just about anything. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
But levelling your character does make it easier. <_<

Fanta
Mar 31, 2005, 12:04 PM
Sure...
*walks in room (Lv 1) gets killed by first enemy he sees on Ult Forest*

Notos
Mar 31, 2005, 01:22 PM
Get a pair of good mechguns and your life in mines will be much easier. With that, you don't even need to jellen anything but sinows. Slicer works good on those flying horse shoes, it's like a ghetto shotgun.

And Baranz is not hard, you just need the HP to take its missiles. They're like mini-android-Falz, you either can take it or you can't.

I'm sure Tycho's tweaked lv1 FO can solo everything but Falz.

Fanta
Mar 31, 2005, 04:56 PM
Well, I did have Hell Vulcans (thanks to a friend) but sold them by accident.

I can get through but it takes ages and I cant be bothered...I just gonna Lv up until I can be bothered...

Eanae
Mar 31, 2005, 05:45 PM
I have a 96 HUmar and can just now barely survive mines. Oh how I hate him so. n.n; What I usually do is just keep going no matter how much I die. Eventually I'll get to the end, and alot of times the boss ends up being easier than the level itself >_>

Fanta
Mar 31, 2005, 09:59 PM
Well, thats what happens with me.

However, I get board of the running through doing nothing. Until suddenly, I get to the room and BLAM, im dead...and start all over again...