PDA

View Full Version : How to fight Delbaiter?

Notos
Mar 18, 2005, 04:42 PM
Last weekend we did offline multiplayer and had major problem with delbaiters.

Before you say, go level some more and pwnz it with your uber rares, that is not the answer I'm looking for. Also, I already read the guide and this line isn't so encouraging, "This enemy is fast. You're going to literally hack-and-heal."

How do you defeat it solo via melee without taking any damage? Its shock wave stomp comes out kind of fast. And there's the confusion wail. You'll run out of sol eventually, right? I don't quite remember what happened during all those fights with them. Everything kind of went into a blur while they kept ramming us to death. Its charge... It rammed me while it was looking at another player. Yes, it rammed me using its side many times. Is it supposed to do that?

On a side note, why can't you jellen Gal Gryphen? I heard jellen makes it stronger. It makes no sense to me...

Bawless
Mar 18, 2005, 04:45 PM
most rooms delbitter are in, have a "ramp" or higher up part of the room, use that to attack it from range..... dunno if u using close up attack's though.. get a good balance of df and atp, with a good hit move hit move technique???

Neith
Mar 18, 2005, 04:50 PM
Try and think 'Toro, toro' (without the red cloth http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif) when fighting a Delbiter. Cast J/Z first, if you have a ramp, stay on it. This stops the biter from hitting you most of the time. If in a level room with it, wait for the charge and dodge, then spin round and lay in some damage, before waiting for a dodge again. If it stamps, just try and back off, or as the guide says 'hack and heal'. Confusion isnt too bad, unless there's Sinows, Deldepths, Morfos. Either Sol, Anti or attack randomly and hope for the best. Thankfully, you dont get a huge amount of the dark doggie http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

DezoPenguin
Mar 18, 2005, 04:54 PM
Okay, let's see:

Ideally, your ranger freezes it with a Frozen Shooter the minute it shows up. Obviously that isn't a solution for you. A Blizzard or Arrest Rifle-type would be a fallback solution, preferably with hit%.

EDIT: Duh, freeze traps, if you've got an android around.

Get Jellen and Zalure into it as soon as possible, at as high a level as possible. You don't mention what mode you're on, so this may be less useful (if you're all on normal and the best you have is Jellen 6 or something) than it could be, but...

Freezing it into a Delsicle with Rabarta is a fairly good idea. If a Force actually wants to damage it with techniques, use Foie. Megid will be unreliable against it.

Since you're in a group, designate one person to do nothing but heal (preferably the FOmarl or FOnewearl, if you've got one; that's supposed to be the support force's job anyway). That way, the fighters can do their job and chew it up from the back and sides. Anyone attacking in melee should put down the Swords and Partisans for a moment and switch over to weapons like Daggers, Twin Sabers, or Twin Swords that do as much damage as possible to a single target. Mechguns may or may not be valuable in this way; this will depend on your statistics (they're golden at higher levels, but iffy when you're weak for the area).

And as everyone else has already said, if you can use the terrain to snipe at it from a distance without it being able to attack back, go for it!

Good luck!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DezoPenguin on 2005-03-18 13:57 ]</font>

Sitka
Mar 18, 2005, 05:01 PM
I don't know what char you're playing - it's not in your profile.

If you're playing a droid or with droids, you'll want to lay freeze traps down. Pretty simple really, flush him out, freeze trap him, whack for two three hit cycles and drop next freeze trap, continue.

The force should be casting J/Z/S/D/R/A so the hunters can focus on fighting. We try to get on his left side and move clockwise while fighting to avoid the most serious damage.

As for the ramp, I've had them follow me up the ramp many times and corner me - uncomfortable, really. If they play nice and stay below, you can shoot them or cast at them from the ramp, but watch out for the laser attack - it will hit pretty far and pretty high. I've been hit halfway into the next room from a corridor attack on c-mode (1 hit kill for the fo/ra).

So, best way to fight the Delbiters is to make sure you have some way to freeze them (traps, FS, Rabarta), slap the blue and red magic on them, have the force ready to heal/cure and take them down quickly with light-hard-hard combos.

That's my advice anyway.

Notos
Mar 18, 2005, 10:52 PM
It was in normal mode. (hangs head in shame)

RAmarl (me) lv30.
FOnewearl with rabbit wand near my level.
HUnewearl around lv24.
RAmarl - lv11. Yes, I know she's dead meat. But fast level.

The HU kept getting smacked down, so I "melee" it with my pistol. FO ran around spamming foie but can't survive the ramming. The other RAmarl, well, door sniping and death.

Our S/D/J/Z are around lv3, lv4 if lucky. My resta does not heal more than ramming. Equipments are the typical stuff you get doing normal runs excepts the FO has hand me down and I was using 2 ogre/power++. Immobilizing it probably wasn't an option...

As for the ramp, I tried. I saw one down there and I thought, easy pray. But no! It charged right up at me and killed the FO who just entered the room.

(sigh) We probably would've been better off designating one player to be the sacrificial lamb while the rest of us hit it?

As for my profile, I didn't change it. I had problem changing my profile. Also, I just got the xbox only a few hours ago. Found brand new PSO xbox for $10 at Best Buy last week, last copy, too. But this game hates me. I counted 6 dragons did air laser on me in my first cave run. And people say air laser is rare. And damn it, they took out the laser safe spot on worm boy. >.<

Oh well, since I finally got my xbox, at least now I have plenty of time to practice.

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 18, 2005, 11:41 PM
Always carry a handgun, shoot from the door.

adamgnome104
Mar 18, 2005, 11:59 PM
I managed to stand infront of a Delbiter and it kept trying to attack me, but I stood inside of it. X_x

But you should try to find a ramp, so it can't get you from where you're standing.