PDA

View Full Version : Flowen's Swords: which is the Original?

Arnot
Mar 18, 2005, 05:35 PM
Okay, there are ten different models of Flowen's sword. Which one is the real one? And also what are the effects of having Flowen's Sword, Shield, and Frame equipped?

Also are the different colors of the Flowen Sword what distinguish which is which. (ie. some are yellow, some blue, and I have seen a white one too.)

Quo
Mar 18, 2005, 05:41 PM
There is no "real" Flowen's sword. The best one is probably the 3084 model. The color of the sword changes depending on what it's viewed against.

I don't really know what the Flowen's set stat boosts are, sorry. I'll bet there's a guide though.

Edit: Though I don't know the stats, I'm pretty sure you only get the set boost when using a mass production version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-03-18 14:43 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Mar 18, 2005, 05:59 PM
There's various views on this... here's some:

1. The real Flowen's Sword is just that... the sword Flowen uses. It's forever lost since it became a Dark Flow. Dark Flow wouldn't be the real Flowen's Sword either, since Dark Flow is made from non-rare swords.

- Personally, the hole in this is that the concept of a single existance weapon just doesn't work. There's endless "real agitos" and Red weapons, just because Flowen has one doesn't mean it's impossible to get.

2. The real Flowen's Sword is Flowen's Sword 3084.

- I like this one more, although it still has holes. 3084 is only obtainable in Temple, a VR Stage... that alone makes it a huge hole (you keep weapons and such found in VR... however that works...). Also, 3084 is THE year in the game. Flowen most likely would have had his sword long enough to exist before 3084... especially since there are earlier models.

Anyways... it seems the "real" Flowen's Sword is unobtainable. Although, the concept of a real Flowen's Sword is interesting... because the weapon wouldn't be called Flowen's Sword.

Flowen: "Hey man, how do you like my weapon? I call it... Flowen's Sword!"

But eh... there's DB's Swords and such, so whatever.

Concept of Flowen's Sword sounds more like an honorary thing, paying homage to Flowen. In this sense, 3084 would be the "real" one (compared to others that are military issued cheap models).

So, there seems to be a difference between "Which is the real Flowen's Sword?" and "Which is the sword Flowen really used?"

EDIT- Flowen's set only works with the 9 star Flowen's Sword that's seperate from the others in the bank. It's grouped with the non rare swords in the bank (Gigush, Calibur, etc.) as opposed to the other rare swords (all the other Flowen's Swords group with rare swords like Red Sword and Chain Sawd). I'd love for it to work with 3084... but that'd really be overpowered with its current stats.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-03-18 15:02 ]</font>

Skorpius
Mar 18, 2005, 06:12 PM
On 2005-03-18 14:35, Arnot wrote:
And also what are the effects of having Flowen's Sword, Shield, and Frame equipped?
When using the Replica 9 Star versions of the Flowen's Sword with Flowen's Shield and Flowen's Frame, you will get a 50% boost in ATP, DFP, and EVP.

The Sword gets the ATP, but I'm not quite sure which one gets the EVP and DFP..

Arnot
Mar 18, 2005, 06:15 PM
On 2005-03-18 14:59, Mixfortune wrote:
EDIT- Flowen's set only works with the 9 star Flowen's Sword
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-03-18 15:02 ]</font>
Thanks for all of your input, Now I know that I have the right one. I always thought that it was weird that out of my three Flowen Swords one always stayed at the top of my list in the bank.

Dhylec
Mar 18, 2005, 07:38 PM
Mixfortune wrote:
1. The real Flowen's Sword is just that... the sword Flowen uses. It's forever lost since it became a Dark Flow. Dark Flow wouldn't be the real Flowen's Sword either, since Dark Flow is made from non-rare swords.

this makes me think that the true & official sword that flowen used is the one that he drops after olga is defeated
so any dark flow that is made from the gene is just another replica..? =D

how the heck did i get into this?
must be that certain topic >_>

Neith
Mar 19, 2005, 03:47 AM
The real flowen's sword is the Dark Flow ^_^ All of the obtainable Flowen's are replicas, varying in rarity.

Hrith
Mar 19, 2005, 06:08 AM
No, Uriko, Dhylec is right.

All 10 Flowen's Swords are replicas, and the Dark Flow is Flowen's old sword corrupted by the Olga A.I.

The true Flowen's Sword is the one Heathcliff Flowen was fighting with, but it has no name.

Flowen's Swords were named after the great general he was, but he didn't.
Come on, would you give your sword a name ? yours at that ?

Neith
Mar 19, 2005, 06:41 AM
Yeah, suppose it would be a bit stupid http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif I'll rephrase what I said. The Dark Flow (the hacked to hell one that's been AR'ed by almost every hacker) is just another sword that's been transformed by the Olga AI/DNA? The 'real' flowen's being the sword that falls to the floor after beating Flow? I can see where you're coming from, but the nearest thing GC/Xbox Hunters can get to the 'real' one is either a hacked Dark Flow or the replicas, probably the 3084 model. I never thought of the fact that he wouldnt name his own weapon...

Hrith
Mar 19, 2005, 06:44 AM
Yeah, naming your own weapon is as stupid as vain, it does not become Flowen, IMO.

Same for Donoph, before anyone asks, except there is no trace of the true DB's Sword in the game.

Neith
Mar 19, 2005, 07:01 AM
Yeah, since Donoph uses Zanba anyway.. >_>

The descriptions on the really common Flowen's and DB's describe them as replicas of swords/sabers once used by the military, which is a pretty vague term..

Maridia
Mar 19, 2005, 12:13 PM
Whoa whoa, so.. the Flowen's Sword that's grouped up with the normal swords at the top of the storage list is what? The "real" sword, or the one that works with the full set of stuff? I think I missed it up there and the only Flowen's sword I ever found is grouped up with my normal swords, so I'm curious.

Quo
Mar 19, 2005, 01:21 PM
On 2005-03-19 09:13, Maridia wrote:
Whoa whoa, so.. the Flowen's Sword that's grouped up with the normal swords at the top of the storage list is what? The "real" sword, or the one that works with the full set of stuff? I think I missed it up there and the only Flowen's sword I ever found is grouped up with my normal swords, so I'm curious.

OK, There are basically two types of Flowens sword. One type is 9*, the other type is made up of 10* swords. The 9* sword should say something like "an extremely common replica" in its description. This is the only sword that works with the set. This is the one grouped with the normal swords. The 10* swords all have model numbers based on the year they were made. They have unique descriptions, are grouped with Chain Sawds and Red Swords etc, and will not work with the set.

ineluki
May 2, 2005, 10:04 PM
i think the yellowboze version(i forget the AUW model number) is the original because it is the most uniquely tailored description and highest grind limit

Dhylec
May 2, 2005, 10:11 PM
ineluki, welcome to the forum
dont' bump old topics beyond page 2
please read the rules & stickies before posting