PDA

View Full Version : Cave Boss

romantikillr
Mar 18, 2005, 10:00 PM
How do you defeat the boss in the caves? I can't seem to beat him and im lvl 19. I feel ashamed....kinda. Please help me

Quo
Mar 18, 2005, 10:16 PM
Check the guides. You'll find the answers to most all your questions there.

Here's some help right here fer ya. (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=793)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-03-18 19:21 ]</font>

Jason
Mar 18, 2005, 10:29 PM
If all else fails, level up.

OGDarkElf
Mar 18, 2005, 11:27 PM
Umm..it depends what character you are.If you are a Force, then use your Zonde attack.If you are a Hunter, then you must have a powerful weapon and lots of monomates,dimates, and trimates to attack when he comes up.Rangers, are actually easier to kill him with.Get a ranged weapon and countinusly shoot him untill he dies.

Mixfortune
Mar 18, 2005, 11:34 PM
On 2005-03-18 20:27, OGDarkElf wrote:
Umm..it depends what character you are.If you are a Force, then use your Zonde attack.If you are a Hunter, then you must have a powerful weapon and lots of monomates,dimates, and trimates to attack when he comes up.Rangers, are actually easier to kill him with.Get a ranged weapon and countinusly shoot him untill he dies.

Forces- Fire based techniques. If you have Gifoie at all, use it. Not Zonde.

Hunter- Multi target weapon. Sword or Partisan if you have it.

Ranger- Not sure if they're necessarily easier, as low level Rangers tend to have lower HP and it can be difficult to dodge De Rol Le's attacks. More consistent damage? Maybe. Easiest? Not really.

OGDarkElf
Mar 18, 2005, 11:43 PM
Well..I mean thats how it is for me...my brother is a level 7 when he beat it and had no problem dodging..you just need lots of monomates,trimates,or dimates.WHich those really help out.Umm....Hunters if possible should ,yes, use a partison or sword, or possibly, if you have a strong pair of daggers, you can use that.

Elshlog
Mar 19, 2005, 05:33 PM
To beat Del Rol Le simply run back and forth when he does the beam shot thing. There is no good way to dogde the falling debrie. When he swims next to the raft shoot him with a gun or zap him with zonde. Then when he attachs him self to the raft cut or shoot or blow his face open. If you do the triple strike move a little so you don't get hit by his tenticals. or just lvl up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Elshlog on 2005-03-19 14:33 ]</font>

nightmaremann
Mar 19, 2005, 05:37 PM
I suggest using a slicer.

tennohaika
Mar 19, 2005, 06:31 PM
I can beat him without getting hit majority of the time now http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Anyway, shot weapons if you're a ranger, sword if you're a HU, and Gifoie of Rafoie for FO.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Mar 19, 2005, 06:41 PM
Keep hitting him. He dies eventually. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

*Just thought you might not know that.

romantikillr
Mar 19, 2005, 08:25 PM
Lol i knew that AYY, thank you guys for all your help im a RAcast...heh...i think it's a +17(or 19)Rifle...and idk about his armor/shield<or whatever>I will try to kill him again...lol

-Romantikillr

JojoTheShorty
Mar 22, 2005, 11:41 AM
I dont blame u, he is pretty difficult. I needed my friend just to beat him. My friends strongest char is on lv. 56 or higher, I forgot. When he starts to attack with his tentcles, run around so u can dodge 'em. after he's done, start woopin him with your strong attacks. All u really have to do is dodge and attack. I hope I've helped u, I'm kinda new to this site, so... give me a break.

Neith
Mar 22, 2005, 11:54 AM
Maybe consider trying a Shot-Class weapon. Although your damage will likely be reduced, you'll hit multiple parts of De Rol, in effect inflicting a little more damage. If he rears up and spams his laser beam attack, I tend to run in a figure 8 shape, and it doesnt tend to hit me. For the rock-fall, run to the far north right corner of the raft, and jam into the corner as far as you can. Most of the time the rocks will miss, although occassionally you'll get hit. For his piercing tentacle attack, ive noticed that he waves his 'dreads' a little more erratic when he's about to impale you. If possible, just try and guess when the attack is comin, and dodge to the side, fire a few more rounds into him. Once the tentacle retracts from the raft, get ready to dodge again. The plasma sweep over the raft can be difficult to dodge, and the mines just require a couple of shots. Hope that helps.

romantikillr
Mar 22, 2005, 07:01 PM
Where can i get the SHOT-Class weapon?

Eanae
Mar 22, 2005, 07:08 PM
You probably wont encounter any shot class weapons until normal ruins.

romantikillr
Mar 22, 2005, 07:15 PM
lol, it should be a blackened void, lol your mood is quite fun-e, anyways...when/how will i get to the ruins?

Eanae
Mar 22, 2005, 07:19 PM
On 2005-03-22 16:15, romantikillr wrote:
lol, it should be a blackened void, lol your mood is quite fun-e, anyways...when/how will i get to the ruins?

So I typoed. Oh well. Anyways... you need to complete Forest, Caves, and Mines, hitting the pillar in the 2nd level of each one. Ruins will then unlock after you beat Vol Opt.

romantikillr
Mar 22, 2005, 07:23 PM
Holy Crap...i've beaten the Forest....but i don't think i will ever beat the Cave...heh...my character sucks...lol...thats alot to do...but i will try my hardest to do it

Eanae
Mar 22, 2005, 07:47 PM
On 2005-03-22 16:23, romantikillr wrote:
Holy Crap...i've beaten the Forest....but i don't think i will ever beat the Cave...heh...my character sucks...lol...thats alot to do...but i will try my hardest to do it

Just remember, when all else fails... run!

romantikillr
Mar 22, 2005, 08:17 PM
But it takes like 4 seconds just to get your durn character to run...he walks thinking he/she/it is kool and then notices the danger....but by then it's too late you've already DIED!!!! heh, demonically awesome, coming soon to a city near you....mebbe....

Cynric
Mar 22, 2005, 08:29 PM
That's because your character "guards" when near enemies. To avoid this, press start when close to an enemy and your character will run at full speed.

Eanae
Mar 22, 2005, 08:31 PM
And don't 3 hit combo. There's a longer delay. Try using only 2 hit combos, and be able to move away fast (cmode strategy learned from Ian =^.^=)

romantikillr
Mar 22, 2005, 08:34 PM
Lol, thank you for all the HELPFUL tips...lol i will become a master at this game sooner or later...even if it takes umm, a long time...heh...

Cynric
Mar 22, 2005, 08:35 PM
It doesn't take long to become a master of "tap A, tap B, tap B, run, repeat". http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

romantikillr
Mar 22, 2005, 08:39 PM
for a lozer like me...it takes a lifetime to do a trick like that, at least 2 times in a row!!! =P