PDA

View Full Version : Item switching

SOUNDWAVE
Jul 21, 2002, 10:36 PM
I have my main character that i've used since PSO first started, but I have had many others (mostly made on a crappy memory card and have lost them, or deleted them to make new ones)

My g/f is now playing thanks to me switching her over to a high level mag so that she wouldn't die again and again..

i think regardless about how you feel about cheating (ie duping/creating weapons) that this is acceptable, even a step above item trading with other people as far as ultra legit players are concerned.

I just wanted to know what people think about doing such things.. as in giving your other characters items and weapons to make them more powerful than they should be if you didn't.

also.. if you are ver 2, and you are in a room w/ a ver 1 person and leave some version 2 items there to pick up w/ another character.. will they "turn into" ver 1 items by the time you get back??

I know for the ver 1 people it won't be the fancy items.. but what about when you get back?

Rylios
Jul 21, 2002, 10:53 PM
Yep if u leave V2 items in a V1 room they will turn into V1 thingies

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 21, 2002, 10:59 PM
I won't use cheat items, but I love giving items that I've found to my new characters for power leveling. This cat doesn't feel bad about doing it, since I've alreay gone through the game from scratch. I don't like seeing people completely new to the game getting "twinked" like this, though =>_>=;;;

BaronLaw
Jul 22, 2002, 12:41 AM
Giving powerful items that are legitimately found to lower level characters simply comes down to gameplay preference. Likewise concerning completed mags. Personally, I like the challenge of lower level gameplay without the advantage of powerful transferred items.

If I found a very rare and powerful item, I'd most likely wait until another one of my characters (who could use it) was at an appropriate level before engaging in a transfer of the item. There's no bright line rule when it comes to this type of decision.

BaronLaw

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-07-21 22:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-07-21 22:45 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-07-21 22:57 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-07-22 01:03 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BaronLaw on 2002-07-22 09:17 ]</font>

CodeName62
Jul 22, 2002, 01:40 AM
I don't think it is cheating. If you found it, then you earn the right of using it.

SS_Death
Jul 22, 2002, 06:45 AM
I agree with that. If you found a legit item and have a character who can make use of it (for example a good shotgun for a low level ranger found by a hunter) then I say go for it.

My friends and I share our items. A friend and I started back in the ver 1 days and since two other friends have joined in ver 2. As we are both legit players we passed them some of our old Varista as we replaced them with Red Hanguns, the main reason being as a Varista is no longer a ?SPECIAL WEAPON you can't up the % by +/- 10 any more so a 50-60% one is almost impossible to get.

Same with a mag, I made my friend a mag for his force that could be made into a Soma so it would make him invulnerable.

Sorry to ramble (again) but overall I think that its a good thing when people are willing to share their stuff with others to help them out and as far as your own characters you still earned it yourself.

Thats my 2p (sorry don't have cents in the UK)

Malkavian
Jul 22, 2002, 09:11 AM
transfer items to low lv characters of course is legit, that's each own decision.
Is cool start from scratch but it is cool to be very powerful using legit stuff

SOUNDWAVE
Jul 23, 2002, 12:48 PM
well good thing I asked before trying it..

but now I need to meet up w/ a trustworthy ver 2 person so I can change items..

bah.. life is so complicated.. well PSO life is anyways.. I understand more about the real world that I do it