PDA

View Full Version : Rati

Sacred_One
Mar 19, 2005, 01:50 AM
On my HUmar I had a mag named Kama that evolved into Rati. I was indeed shock about that. I never seen a regular mag turned into a rare mag. It's stats are 50 on Def/Mind/Pow/Dex.

Quo
Mar 19, 2005, 01:54 AM
That's nice. Do you have a question?

Sacred_One
Mar 19, 2005, 01:56 AM
yes I do. I did not know about this at all. Can other classes change their mags into rares?

Quo
Mar 19, 2005, 02:00 AM
Why, yes, of course. (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1031)

Sacred_One
Mar 19, 2005, 02:02 AM
Thank you very much. I shall go and read the mag section.

Maridia
Mar 19, 2005, 02:05 AM
All classes can turn mags into rare ones. But each class and gender effects what you can get when you do it, and which stats you'll need for it to work. For example, all Greenill, Purplenum and Oran humars can make a Rati, but the stats must be POW+DEX = MIND+DEF, which means you have to have equal stats on each side.

By the same token, All Skyly, Pinkal and Yellowboze humars can also make Rati, but THEIR stats have to be POW+DEF = MIND+DEX. So you see, everyone can do it, you just have to know what does what. I'm fairly sure there'll be a guide or something somewhere in the mags section, but if you don't want to go sifting through it, PM me and I'll give you all the info so I don't just repeat it in here. Unless nobody cares or people want me to.

In any case, nice job with the Rati! I had a nice black one once, but it uh.. disappeared. I think I must've accidently dropped it and not noticed, and left it behind. Now I have to make it from a baby mag again. *grumbles* Many people argue that Rati is the best mag in the game, so you should be quite pleased with yourself, even if it was an accident. XD

Nai_Calus
Mar 19, 2005, 03:53 AM
Yay, congrats.

Rati are wonderful, aren't they? So sweet and kind and gentle and loyal and smart and...

Evil_Althena8
Mar 19, 2005, 04:41 AM
you got a mag to turn into a Rati on accident? You are truly blessed by the gods....http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I wuv Rati

Quo
Mar 19, 2005, 11:10 AM
Meh, Rati. Especially a 50 DEF, 50 MIND rati on a HUmar. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Maridia
Mar 19, 2005, 12:06 PM
Well, maybe it's not the best stats, but now she knows about how to make them and next time she can make one with better suited stats. Knowing is half the battle, you know. ;P

I need to make a pink Rati someday. Mmm. Rati.

toly369
Mar 19, 2005, 09:28 PM
Ahh yes, the Rati. I made one purposely with stats I didn't really like. But my regular mag turned into an awesome green Rati at lvl 180. I was pretty surpised, since I thought it was lvl 100, do or die. Stats are 10 DEF, 100 POW, 40 DEX, 50 MIND. Any suggestions for a better-stat Rati for a Humar?

Quo
Mar 19, 2005, 11:27 PM
On 2005-03-19 18:28, toly369 wrote:
Any suggestions for a better-stat Rati for a Humar?

5/135/60/0 would do nicely.

Xaos127
Mar 19, 2005, 11:28 PM
A little off topic, But Quo that is the best Sig Iv'e seen so far. Now if only new comers read it.

PJ
Mar 19, 2005, 11:47 PM
On 2005-03-19 08:10, Quo wrote:
Meh, Rati. Especially a 50 DEF, 50 MIND rati on a HUmar. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Considering HUmar's stat growths, I lvoe having crappy mag stats, since they can have so much fun with them.

My Devil's Wing, purposefully made like this so don't criticize, is 15/61/62/62. My HUmar has, taking away units, max MST, almost max ATA and just over 900 ATP. Very low considering his level, but it's more fun then having 1100 ATP and missing a lot. Plus, no matter what anyone says, the attack techs still have some use even if you aren't a force/

Omega_Nova
Mar 20, 2005, 12:40 AM
On 2005-03-19 20:47, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

On 2005-03-19 08:10, Quo wrote:

Considering HUmar's stat growths, I lvoe having crappy mag stats, since they can have so much fun with them.

My Devil's Wing, purposefully made like this so don't criticize, is 15/61/62/62. My HUmar has, taking away units, max MST, almost max ATA and just over 900 ATP. Very low considering his level, but it's more fun then having 1100 ATP and missing a lot. Plus, no matter what anyone says, the attack techs still have some use even if you aren't a force/

For opening boxs really fast? nah just joking, Humar can have some practical use with attack techs, though I find Ramarl and Hunewearl more apt for that style of fighting

Hunter_X
Mar 20, 2005, 03:47 PM
its useless for my to try and make a rati for my purplenum hucast. Why, because i dont want to raise my mind and i like my pure power varaha.

Quo
Mar 20, 2005, 06:49 PM
On 2005-03-20 12:47, Hunter_X wrote:
its useless for my to try and make a rati for my purplenum hucast. Why, because i dont want to raise my mind and i like my pure power varaha.

How nice for you.

If you wanted a rare mag, you could raise it to level 99 with your HUcast, then give it to another character to feed it the last item.

DB
Mar 20, 2005, 08:32 PM
Personally, I love Sato. So damned cute! Sadly I have a Rati on my HUmar though. Can't even remember the stats. But, I enjoy balanced mags for HUmar. After all he is a fairly balanced character. Even though I lean towards POW, DEX, and DEF more than MIND.

And what's so bad about having some DEF on your mag. I enjoy being able to take hits a little better. You lose less HP that way ^_~

tennohaika
Mar 20, 2005, 08:45 PM
Rati looks awesome but kind of hard to raise http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I'm currently trying to get a sato for my FOnewearl http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Nai_Calus
Mar 20, 2005, 08:49 PM
HUmar's ATA growth isn't that shitty. XP

5/145/50/0, Estlla, Pilla, Mylla&Youlla, I prefer black, brown and purple, blahblahblah.

Quo
Mar 20, 2005, 10:28 PM
On 2005-03-20 17:49, Ian-KunX wrote:
HUmar's ATA growth isn't that shitty. XP

The extra ATA couldn't hurt, and a HUmar probably wouldn't miss the 20 ATP.

On 2005-03-20 17:32, DB wrote:
And what's so bad about having some DEF on your mag. I enjoy being able to take hits a little better. You lose less HP that way ^_~

1 DEF level = 1 DFP
1 POW level = 2 ATP
1 MIND level = 2 MST

Mag DEF is bad stat economics.

Nai_Calus
Mar 21, 2005, 03:32 PM
You're probably going to use God/Arms anyway to max your ATA, though, and unless you put 80 DEX on your Mag, you're still going to need two to max either way until higher levels.

I suppose it also depends what you plan to do with the mag and how you set up your stat maxing if your plan for L200. And if you do plan on L200, if you plan on using God/Ability or other units instead. Personally I'd prefer to avoid God/Ability for various reasons, so I'd honestly say 52 DEX, since HUmar has a 26 ATA gap between L200 base and max. But that's just me.

And honestly? My HUmar's had maxed ATA since L124, and he wasn't having much trouble before that, either. He didn't really miss the second God/Arm that much the time I needed to take it off for another unit, either. Sure, it was painful for me, but not so much for him. XP (If you must know, he uses two God/Arms, a God/Battle and a God/Power normally, and my order for unequipping them is Power first, then Battle, then an Arm).

Rengoku
Apr 5, 2005, 03:47 PM
I am training a Rati Now and you happpen to get one accidentaly...You are extremely lucky to find one accidentally.I have been spending days on mine

Quo
Apr 5, 2005, 04:13 PM
Old Thread. No bump. Yeah?

If it's off the first page, nobody cares anymore.

Dhylec
Apr 5, 2005, 04:31 PM
Rengoku, please read the rules & stop bumping old topics
if you really wanna talk about it, make a new one
this is your verbal notice, so be advised