PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2.5?!?

BOC
Mar 19, 2005, 03:27 PM
read this:

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/597/597525p1.html?fromint=1

I checked out the korean website, and it appears that they have removed any mention of a halo 2 expansion from it.

now, chances are whatever it is thats coming is simply just a bunch of multi-player maps, but who knows??! maybe we'll get to see what happens next!

and another question, just how pissed will people be if they charge for something that many people think should have been included for free in the first place.

all i know is, i hope he comes back soon http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif i miss his shiny green armor.

http://www.thegamingonline.com/Xbox/Screenshots/Pictures/halo2_masterchief_closeup.jpg

i mean, come on! they can't actually make us wait for halo 3 to finish the fight if they have no plans to make it for a long time.

and knowing something about underhand pr techniques, id say microsoft korea's little slip up was probably intentional to get the internet buzzing about halo 2.5 and get people talking about it.

EDIT: and i realise the irony that i myself have started a thread to talk about it.

PEACE!!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BOC on 2005-03-19 12:28 ]</font>

Hrigg
Mar 19, 2005, 04:41 PM
I thought it was supposed to be a launch title for Xbox 2... weird.

Scrub
Mar 19, 2005, 04:43 PM
They should put it as a payment on Downloadable Xbox Live content, to make money AND screw out people without XBL at the same time!

Fefnir
Mar 20, 2005, 02:15 AM
Bungie promised that all donwloadable content would be free... And I doubt they'd pull something like this off, no matter how crazy they are. It's just a rumor anyway... Five months is a long time.

Mitri3
Mar 20, 2005, 03:49 AM
well to be short halo 3 is coming out with the release of the ps3. the same day no matter what it is. MS and bungie have already confirmed this.

halo 2.5 is supposed to be on the "optional" hd for the nextbox. its supposed to be loaded onto the hd like ff11 was for the ps2. it is supposed to be released on the day of the nextbox's release.

that's all i heard.

Deathscythealpha
Mar 20, 2005, 06:00 AM
I hope this will get a retail release at a cheap price and not just a Live download. I enjoyed Halo2 over 1 but like the world i was peeved by the ending and wnat to know the conclusion. The thing is I dont have and wont have anytime soon the cash for Xbox Live, so if the full ending is released online well im a bit screwed.

BOC
Mar 21, 2005, 02:39 PM
well if it is live only, i hope its out in the next month, cause my free trial ends april 23 and i really have no intention of making live a fixture.

damn good game service and all, but i just dont use it enough.

but i reckon they'll stick the downloadable stuff on the offical xbox magazine demo disk. it makes sense and means they don't have to charge for offline dudes.

that is if they are adament its gonna be free.

PEACE!!!

Solstis
Mar 21, 2005, 02:48 PM
On 2005-03-21 11:39, BOC wrote:
well if it is live only, i hope its out in the next month, cause my free trial ends april 23 and i really have no intention of making live a fixture.

damn good game service and all, but i just dont use it enough.

but i reckon they'll stick the downloadable stuff on the offical xbox magazine demo disk. it makes sense and means they don't have to charge for offline dudes.

that is if they are adament its gonna be free.

PEACE!!!

Considering the bajillions they made on the game, it better be free (if it is real)!

BOC
Mar 21, 2005, 02:57 PM
deathscythe once ate a bajillion.

His face blew up, his hair fell out, apart from his nostril hair which became thick and long and he had the shits for a week.

Couldn't speak properly too. could only mutter something about "arse biscuits" and "buttered up testies".

strange.

oh wait, he told me not to tell anyone.

oooops. Well the moral of the story: Always cook a bajillion until the juices run clear.

And never trust Boc not to tell people about horrible arse biscuit related afflictions http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Me talk crap? NEVER.

PEACE!!!

Deathscythealpha
Mar 21, 2005, 04:04 PM
*Shakes fist at BOC*

Damn you!

Outrider
Mar 21, 2005, 04:39 PM
On 2005-03-20 00:49, Mitri3 wrote:
well to be short halo 3 is coming out with the release of the ps3. the same day no matter what it is. MS and bungie have already confirmed this.

halo 2.5 is supposed to be on the "optional" hd for the nextbox. its supposed to be loaded onto the hd like ff11 was for the ps2. it is supposed to be released on the day of the nextbox's release.

that's all i heard.

You must have some magical sources to know all this info.

While the Halo 3 release date makes sense, there certainly hasn't been any sort of official announcement that I've heard of, at least.

BOC
Mar 22, 2005, 02:24 PM
On 2005-03-21 13:04, Deathscythealpha wrote:
*Shakes fist at BOC*

Damn you!

shake that fist at me again and i'll let slip about the microwave and hamster incident http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_evil.gif. I know your a student man, and you where hungry, but there are limits for godsake!

but i heard that halo 3 was getting announced the same time as ps3, not matter when sony announce it.

a buddy of mine has said that bungie had their team doubled so they could put a rush job on halo 3 and have it ready to go ASAP. course i greeted such news with a raised eyebrow and a quite chuckle http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

PEACE!!!

Deathscythealpha
Mar 23, 2005, 08:52 AM
A little tomato sauce makes anything edible ive learnt.

And there seems to be a small, 'semi' update on this one, thanks to a screw up by EB Games.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=58368

So $19.99 for a map pack for Multiplayer Halo? If this one pans out to be true I think I will skip this over. Everyone will still play Blood Gulch/Coagulation anyway.

Mitri3
Mar 23, 2005, 11:39 AM
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On 2005-03-20 00:49, Mitri3 wrote:

that's all i heard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must have some magical sources to know all this info.

While the Halo 3 release date makes sense, there certainly hasn't been any sort of official announcement that I've heard of, at least.

well halo3 was confirmed by MS on IGN around last month.

on IGN yesterday they said that Xbox korean is going to be selling halo2.5 for 19.95 for the xbox in the fall. around the time that the next box is released. it's just an expansion pack with new maps and all.

according to places like IGN and Gamespot they said a while back that halo2.5 was going to be released on the nextbox as a release title. stored on the hd like ff11. it will have new maps, support HDTV, and have alot of the other things that they couldn't fit onto the halo2 disc. it's supposed to be a way of selling the xbox2 from the begging and to get the hd out there because its not going to be built into the console anymore.

check places like IGN, Gamespy, Gamespot, there used to be a good forum called psinext but they shut down, check thenextbox.com

DB
Mar 23, 2005, 04:52 PM
Personally, I thought Halo 2 could've been way better, as for them adding an expansion of multi-player maps and charging for it, fuck them. They should have had better more intresting maps with the release of Halo 2 as is. I mean damn, I love Bungie as much as the next guy, but they could've done so much more with such little effort.

Like taking the health bar away... WTF, I miss it. They could've taken some of the old maps from Halo 1 and put them into Halo 2 for easy access and fun. I mea I loved the spaceship lvl, sniper city fun. Or the one ice level with the teleportes, freakin' evil. Ye they didn't include them. As for Halo 3, it better be DAMN good, and not be as much of a dissappointment as #2 was.

Deluge
Mar 25, 2005, 08:54 PM
hmm... indeed, I don't think Bungie can justify forcing us to pay for any new multiplayer maps, and I'm almost positive they have the multiplayer maps on the way. I truly enjoyed Halo 2, and am eagarly awating the third installment in the series.

Outrider
Mar 26, 2005, 02:12 AM
On 2005-03-23 08:39, Mitri3 wrote:
according to places like IGN and Gamespot they said a while back that halo2.5 was going to be released on the nextbox as a release title. stored on the hd like ff11. it will have new maps, support HDTV, and have alot of the other things that they couldn't fit onto the halo2 disc. it's supposed to be a way of selling the xbox2 from the begging and to get the hd out there because its not going to be built into the console anymore.

Show us links. Because I check IGN daily and I certaintly don't remember a confirmed "Halo 2.5 for the XBox 2" press release. I also don't remember Microsoft definitely confirming Halo 3. I know for a fact Bungie didn't, but Microsoft may have mentioned it. It makes sense for Halo 3 to come out the same time as the PS3, but nobody said that's a guaranteed certainty.

Fefnir
Mar 26, 2005, 11:20 AM
http://www.bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=maptacular&p=2747963

Meep meep. Here's the full story.

My advice, force a friend to buy the game disc and leech it off him/her.

BOC
Mar 26, 2005, 05:33 PM
or simply get a coupla buddies to club to together and pay a few bucks/pounds/euros/whatever each and leech of each other.

*sigh* looks like it'll be halo 3 before we finish the fight.

PEACE!!!