PDA

View Full Version : Question about difficulty settings

Drakor
Mar 19, 2005, 06:28 PM
hey sup?

me i am am about to throw my GC out the door. i have spent several weeks of my life trying to be 'normal' mode. (i have to get all items and open all crates) and now when i beat dark falz the game starts over in ep. 2 . (alright! ...now it's not al right...no happynes) because now i am like level 30 and can kil leverything with one hit an i am angery. why? because now on hard mode i get my butt served to me and it sucks. i want to be able to 'start over' but on hard mode. ( like all over...Ep.2 wiht level 1 character on hard) BUT i think restarting my character will not only make me lose everything....which i would transfer the rares and what not to another character... but i think it will make me start over on "normal" so what i am asking is this:

1) is there any way to 'start over' and still keep my hard mode setting.
2) why can't i ( when i start a new character) start on hard mode instead of normal?
3) is there any advice that you could possibly give me about this 'situation'?

please do......

Arnot
Mar 19, 2005, 06:39 PM
On 2005-03-19 15:28, Drakor wrote:
1) is there any way to 'start over' and still keep my hard mode setting.
2) why can't i ( when i start a new character) start on hard mode instead of normal?
3) is there any advice that you could possibly give me about this 'situation'?

1) When you get to "Hard" mode with a character only that character can access it,
2) And if you do start another character you will have to clear "Normal" in order to reach "Hard"
3)Here you go...

Hyda
Mar 19, 2005, 06:42 PM
all i can pretty much tell ya is that ur lv isnt as high as it should be for hard mode, you need to get higher say moe like lv 40 for forest monsters and 10 up for every other lv, its takes time but its worth it for the legends

Arnot
Mar 19, 2005, 06:55 PM
On 2005-03-19 15:42, Lenneth56 wrote:
all i can pretty much tell ya is that ur lv isnt as high as it should be for hard mode, you need to get higher say moe like lv 40 for forest monsters and 10 up for every other lv, its takes time but its worth it for the legends

You sure about that? For a lv30 HUmar should be able to hold his own on Hard. I have a lv 19 RAmar on hard right now w/ zero hand downs, and he has already cleared the caves. =/

Kipdog
Mar 19, 2005, 06:58 PM
Yeah, my bro is a lv.129 and he cleared all ultimate and episode 2 easy no prob. I have a hunter so its annoying. Hard you might need like a few more rares maybe, nothing to great, esp. at lv.30 hard is easy in forest for me anyways. I started hard at lv.20 with my hunter.

Drakor
Mar 19, 2005, 07:10 PM
so i can't go back and redefeat the dragon on hard mode? (with my character that i beat the game with once already) umm..what about all those guides that reccomend a certain level for hard + up difficulties for places like the forest and those guides about waht the dragon drops on hard mode.....does that mean i can go back to ep 1 and play again (while being like level 23?)

Kipdog
Mar 19, 2005, 07:12 PM
I didnt quite understand your question..

Heres my answer to the question of what I did understand (sorry if its not answering your actual question)

If you beat Forest in Hard mode, Quit game, then just play as that character again and go through forest again.

Drakor
Mar 19, 2005, 07:19 PM
yeah sorry aobut that. my question was:

if i beat the game (unlocking hard mode) can i go bac k to episode 1 and beat the dragon/(all the other bosses and areas) on hard mode? (with my level 32 character)

Kipdog
Mar 19, 2005, 07:27 PM
I dont see why you wouldnt be able to, if hard mode is there, you could. If you beat the game in normal, you unlock hard. You could go back to normal and beat all them as many times as you wish, and you can do hard mode, beat everything in hard mode, and unlock very hard.

RedBoxHunter
Mar 19, 2005, 08:00 PM
On 2005-03-19 16:19, Drakor wrote:
yeah sorry aobut that. my question was:

if i beat the game (unlocking hard mode) can i go bac k to episode 1 and beat the dragon/(all the other bosses and areas) on hard mode? (with my level 32 character)

Each difficulty setting is like a different game. After you beat Falz in Normal, you will need to clear all of the areas again in Hard before you can fight Hard Falz.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RedBoxHunter on 2005-03-19 17:00 ]</font>

Elshlog
Mar 19, 2005, 10:07 PM
1. no
2. i don't know
3. no

when i beat dark falz i was lvl 34. and the game saved and i opened up my character again and there was hard mode. i don't know what to tell you.