PDA

View Full Version : PSU news update

Dark_Heal_v2
Mar 20, 2005, 04:15 AM
here's a direct quote from http://www.the-magicbox.com on news about Phantasy Star Universe.

- Sega confirmed that the MMORPG Phantasy Star Universe will be coming to PlayStation 2 and PC in Japan sometimes this winter. The game will support up to 65 players simultaneously.

- UNCONFIRMED: EGM reported that Phantasy Star Universe is scheduled to launch in US on November 20, the game will be heading to both PS2 and Xbox.

Tycho
Mar 20, 2005, 08:17 AM
>_<; Damn. I don't like the controllers of the PS2 and XBOX. :/
Sort of annoying it isn't going to be released for PC here either.. But now it's confirmed to support 65 players simultaneously (which I assume is online), that would mean this has become the right sub-forum for PSU now, ne?

Omega_Nova
Mar 20, 2005, 08:32 AM
Heal which server are you on in the Chinese Beta?

On topic: Horray if it is coming out November 20th

PrinceBrightstar
Mar 20, 2005, 09:11 AM
Sorry, this is place is for Phantasy Star ONLINE, not Phantasy Star Universe. If you need a PSU forum, please go make one.

PJ
Mar 20, 2005, 09:12 AM
Well crap, Guess which systems I DON'T own. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Considering Sonic Team hasn't said anything though, I'll keep my hopes up.

Omega_Nova
Mar 20, 2005, 09:30 AM
PS2 is pretty cheap now, you should just save up for one.

PJ
Mar 20, 2005, 04:21 PM
On 2005-03-20 06:30, Omega_Nova wrote:

Frankly, the only thing on the PS2 that I'd want would be PSU.

Kind of a waste, don't cha think?

Hrigg
Mar 20, 2005, 04:46 PM
Meh, if I got it I would get it for PC. I do have both the other two systems, but I'd rather have it on the computer. If I got one for the systems, I'd prolly pick PS2 because I'm pretty sure I'd get to pay less. That would mean no Xbox-Live fees.

Sayara
Mar 20, 2005, 05:34 PM
On 2005-03-20 13:21, SUPAH_CHAO wrote:

On 2005-03-20 06:30, Omega_Nova wrote:

Frankly, the only thing on the PS2 that I'd want would be PSU.

Kind of a waste, don't cha think?

Not even Marvel vs Capcom 2? http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I said the same with Kingdom Hearts, and i havent even bought that yet! Yet i have 4 games already o0

Though Ps2 onlineness? Hmm this sounds different.

Blitzkommando
Mar 20, 2005, 05:35 PM
Hmm... So used to the GC layouts and whatnot... Well, if the servers are connected between PS2 and PC like FFXI, I would buy the PC version simply because my PC can handle far more than my PS2 ever could.

J3553
Mar 20, 2005, 05:45 PM
On 2005-03-20 14:35, BLITZKOMMANDO wrote:
Hmm... So used to the GC layouts and whatnot... Well, if the servers are connected between PS2 and PC like FFXI, I would buy the PC version simply because my PC can handle far more than my PS2 ever could.

Word. Besides I hate the PS2.

Guess it's PC version for me also.

Assuming this information is valid that is... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

HUnewearl_Meira
Mar 20, 2005, 07:23 PM
I'd take this information with a grain of salt. Neither is a reliable source. The Magic Box has a knack for reporting any hopeful rumor they come across, and the other is, well, unconfirmed AND a gaming mag. PhantasyStarUniverse.com (http://phantasystaruniverse.com/) still doesn't indicate a console, nor does it indicate a release date (though it does look like they're planning a large update). We've recently come across an advertisement indicating that it will be for the PS2, but I'm leary of this because "PS2" has been Photoshopped into PSU advertisements and presented as news before now.

So yeah, take it with a grain of salt. I really still don't think we'll see this on a current generation console.

Daikarin
Mar 20, 2005, 07:35 PM
Erm, wasn't it supposed to be a normal RPG? I heard it wasn't gonna be a MMORPG.

Mixfortune
Mar 21, 2005, 12:40 AM
This again?

Remember when E3 finished up last year and these exact same sources were saying it'd be on random systems, random release dates, random styles (offline MMO dating action horror sim!) and random everything? Remember how unbelievable all of it was, mostly because there was nothing official about it on the site or anywhere, and even when the team working on it stated even they didn't know what it was going to be on?

How is it any different or more believable now? From the same sources, saying the same things, with still nothing official. I don't get it.

Getintothegame
Mar 21, 2005, 12:47 AM
Actually, I'm still hearing mixed reports. There's been way too many 'offical press releases' without any updates to phantasystaruniverse.com.

I don't believe it until they make an offical announcement.

Saiffy
Mar 21, 2005, 12:51 AM
On 2005-03-20 21:47, Getintothegame wrote:
Actually, I'm still hearing mixed reports. There's been way too many 'offical press releases' without any updates to phantasystaruniverse.com.

Quoted for truth.

If you go to their official site it says a "new official site coming soon", perhaps some OFFICIAL news will spring up

lol, PSU is gonna be DDR >_>;

Wyndham
Mar 21, 2005, 12:59 AM
On 2005-03-20 21:51, Saiffwin wrote:

On 2005-03-20 21:47, Getintothegame wrote:

lol, PSU is gonna be DDR >_>;

I wonder what tetris with a DDR pad is like? anyway, I'm okay with it being on PS2 because I needed to buy one anyway for ffVII: Dirge of Cerberus.