PDA

View Full Version : Pros and Cons of a Bluefull HUcast?

DB
Mar 20, 2005, 08:49 PM
Just wondering. I already checked up on most of the guides and such. It seems like a pretty balanced ID. I think I might be better off taking Redria or something similar though. But hey, i've been playing as DB (Purplenum section ID) since back when PSO first came out for DC. So the ID sometimes really doesn't matter to me.

Mainly I really want to get my hands on some Katanas, and of course Soul Banish, which Bluefull finds in Ult Seabed... But that's a ways away. Considering my HUcast is still a nice long walk away from high lvls.

viashino_bey
Mar 20, 2005, 08:54 PM
nice thing about bluefull is that it finds loads of partisan-types, which will greatly assist you in later levels.

they also find brionacs, musashi's very easily, at least in my experience.

DB
Mar 20, 2005, 09:03 PM
I definitly enjoy Partisan type weapons the best. Well, compared to swords anyways. They seem to be so quick and effcient, with alot less chance of missing. Plus you can use the whole 3-hit combo without fear usually. The animation doesn't drag you into enemies, and the third swing lets you recover insanely fast.

Mixfortune
Mar 21, 2005, 12:08 AM
Bluefull is decent with partisans, but unfortunately doesn't fill its "item job" as much as one might like. True, most of your rares will be partisans... but Gae Bolgs.

You also get Gungnirs more often than others, which can be a plus if you want a certain type of special on them while having hit percent. The ID has Imperial Pick, but you may prefer a Berdysh or Red Partisan. Both can be found on Bluefull, but both can also be found on Viridia (same chance on Red Partisan, but Viridia has an easier Berdysh (until perhaps later levels if you do Tower runs more frequently).

Pinkal has the best Berdysh, but no Red Partisan.
Whitill has the best Red Partisan, but no Berdysh.

There's also S-Rank partisan, but since that's non-ID specific, not going to bother with that at the moment.

For what I've used of a Bluefull, they don't really seem like a "partisan ID"... sort of like how Pinkal isn't a tech ID anymore. The only real application of the concept of partisan ID in this case comes down to... Gungnirs more often, and Gae Bolgs.

DB
Mar 21, 2005, 04:29 PM
Berdysh? Is that the android only Partisan? And what enemy drops it for Bluefull, and what difficulty?

If it's the android only partisan, i'll love it. Another question, we're both talking about EP 1&2 right? Not BB or EP 4, or Plus?

Quo
Mar 21, 2005, 04:37 PM
On 2005-03-21 13:29, DB wrote:
Berdysh? Is that the android only Partisan? And what enemy drops it for Bluefull, and what difficulty?

Check the item database.

If it's the android only partisan, i'll love it. Another question, we're both talking about EP 1&2 right? Not BB or EP 4, or Plus?

Drops are the same for Ep 1&2 and Plus. And I'm guessing its the same for BB as long as its not EP4, but I don't know that for sure.
Yes, Mix was referring to Ep 1&2.

DB
Mar 21, 2005, 04:45 PM
Nice, I just didn't want to dig through the Item Database to find out the info, since initially I missed Berdysh anyways. Was concentrating to hard on finding Soul Banish on the list I guess. Thanks for the info.

EJ
Mar 22, 2005, 03:29 AM
On 2005-03-21 13:37, Quo wrote:

On 2005-03-21 13:29, DB wrote:

Check the item database.

Drops are the same for Ep 1&2 and Plus. And I'm guessing its the same for BB as long as its not EP4, but I don't know that for sure.
Yes, Mix was referring to Ep 1&2.

Actually the drop rate for forest on BB has been chance but I can't seem to see by how much they changed it. I don't know if they increase some items or decrease some item drops in forest yet.

Neith
Mar 22, 2005, 05:26 AM
You said in your first post that you wanted Katanas and Partisans. Because of this, I would have suggested Viridia, (as far as I'm aware, it finds all the enemy drop capable katanas) It finds Yamigarasu offline (Deldepth), and has arguably one of the easier drops for the 1975 Agito (unless you fancy doing Tower runs under Purplenum, or a lot of piping with Pinkal or Whitill) The drop is 1/28,808 from a Tollaw. Viridia also finds a few partisans (the usual Gae Bolg), as well as the Red Partisan from a Cave Crimson Assassin (quite an easy drop), and a Soul Banish from Merikle. It can also find the Berdysh, which would suit your HUcast well (Migium, Spaceship). Although Bluefull is an average ID, I'd suggest creating a Viridia to supply some of the weapons.

Tycho
Mar 22, 2005, 06:01 AM
Pros and cons of a Bluefull HUcast?

The pros: HUcast
The cons: Bluefull

>_>

DB
Mar 22, 2005, 04:54 PM
LoL, i'll keep that in mind. Mostly I wanted an ID to search for Katans for my friend, he loves the thing. As I said though, I love Partisans, and other Multi-Hit area weapons like swords. LoL, as for the comment Pros: HUcast Cons: Bluefull, iono'.

I'm kinda glad I got Bluefull as an ID, especially since Partisan type weapons are my favorite in the game. Even though I wouldn't mind being Redria or Viridia, i'm already lvl 30 with my HUcast. So, I don't really feel like restarting again. And as for Viridia, I have a LvL 44 FOmarl. Kinda intrested in getting a Skyly ID sometime though. And i'm working on bringing up a Redria character to get the God/Items.

So, as the force said up above, what are the MAJOR downsides of the Bluefull ID? I think it's pretty decent overall, especially for a Hunter.

Skorpius
Mar 22, 2005, 05:42 PM
On 2005-03-22 03:01, Tycho wrote:
Pros and cons of a Bluefull HUcast?

The pros: HUcast
The cons: Bluefull

>_>

Says the one with a Pinkal character? <_<

DB
Mar 22, 2005, 08:11 PM
Well, found some downfalls of the Bluefull ID for myself. It's a little crappy for armor/shields. However you can get Kasami Bracer kinda easy, which is awesome. And also, you get good FO units, like God/Mind, but no sight of God/Battle or God/HP and the good stuff.

Also, not a saber weapon in sight hardly o_O! Gotta love how often i'm finding materials though. Even in Normal and Hard i'm raking in HP and Def Mats.