PDA

View Full Version : IP of Network Adapter?

Tycho
Mar 21, 2005, 11:07 AM
When I was trying to upload new snapshots, my GC was unable to connect to my PC. Assuming this is the same problem I had earlier, my network adapter's IP probably changed a bit somehow.
So.. I tried to retrieve it using Run -> CMD -> ipconfig /all as described here (https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=14681&group_id=70811), but for some reason the command does not work, and I get an error in Dutch instead. But seeing as I'm connected to the internet now, I say it should just spit up the number already. -_-;

A rough translation of the error message is:

"An internal error has occured: there are insufficient system sources available to be able to execute your request.
Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services.
Additional information: unknown code for status of the medium."

Should I... contact the Microsoft Profuct Support Services? >_<

I'm hoping there is an alternate way to figure out the Network Adapter's IP adress. Could anyone help me with this? ;-;

Dhylec
Mar 21, 2005, 11:12 AM
hm.. i don't know about your setup..
but generally, look in your dhcp server & the ip addy is tied to your comp's name

Bu5ta
Mar 21, 2005, 12:31 PM
An internal error has occured: there are insufficient system sources available to be able to execute your request.
Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services.
Additional information: unknown code for status of the medium.

I have gotten that message before too. Your computers system resources might be taken up. I would suggest that you run a virus and spyware/adware check. For the most part, computers don't just magically get screwed up, things have to screw them up. So unless you have recently altered some settings somewhere, then my guess is that your computer has virus/trojan/spyware/adware on it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bu5ta on 2005-03-21 09:34 ]</font>

VioletSkye
Mar 21, 2005, 05:34 PM
What version of Windows? For XP use ipconfig, for 98 and ME use Winipcfg from RUN. If you aren't behind a router use the link below.
What is my IP (http://www.whatismyip.com/)

If you are on XP go to START and right click on MY NETWORK PLACES and select PROPERTIES (or you can go into the Control Panel and select Network Connections - may need to switch to Classic View to see that.) Then double click the network adapter and select the SUPPORT tab. That will list your NICs IP address.

Tycho
Mar 22, 2005, 06:02 AM
Thank you for the help, it worked! ^ ^;