PDA

View Full Version : Can x-box read dvd-roms?

Nidarrock
Jul 22, 2002, 02:43 PM
I never bought the dvd remote because I didn't need it. I have 3 dvd players including the ps2 in our house, but my pc does not have a dvd drive, didn't need it. Thanks.

ABDUR101
Jul 22, 2002, 02:49 PM
...what the hell's a DVD-rom? I thought a DVD-rom was the drive itself. In which case, the X-box already has one, just like the PS2's.

To play DVD's on the X-box, you need the remote kit. It's $30, I'd use the X-box DVD player over the PS2's, but that's just me. You're choice entirely. o_O

Nidarrock
Jul 22, 2002, 02:53 PM
Sorry what I meant is that there are some features that say to use your PC DVD-drive to access more stuff. An example is on the Matirx dvd. It has more features if you use it on a pc.

Ambrai
Jul 22, 2002, 03:04 PM
No it cant since the actual operating system is locked. Only movie dvd's and games made for the system.

Nidarrock
Jul 22, 2002, 03:09 PM
Thank you both for replying now I can save $30 for something else. have fun.

gypsy
Jul 22, 2002, 03:16 PM
A DVD-ROM is the disc...ROM stands for Read Only Memory. DVD stands for Digital Versatile Disc.

Weee I'm clever I know stuff!! (in my own lil world) http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kent
Jul 23, 2002, 07:16 AM
Xbox games are on DVD-ROMs, so yes, it can read DVD-ROMs, but only ones designed for use with the Xbox.

ABDUR101
Jul 23, 2002, 07:26 AM
He's talking about the added features on a DVD. It's an extra program, usually that uses Macromedia, that lets you use special features on the comp. Like an art gallery, trivia, etc. It's a program that the X-box can't use.

What the hell was I thinking yesterday? DVD-rom = DVD-drive? o_O File that under stupid non-sense BS for staying up 20 hours..

Kent
Jul 23, 2002, 07:36 AM
On 2002-07-23 05:26, ABDUR101 wrote:
What the hell was I thinking yesterday? DVD-rom = DVD-drive? o_O File that under stupid non-sense BS for staying up 20 hours..

It happens to the best of us...