PDA

View Full Version : Oh fuck...

TheOneHero
Mar 21, 2005, 08:21 PM
So, about a month ago I got some braces stuck on my back molers. (SP?) No sweat, first few days they tore into my cheeks, (as expected). Take some motrin, slap some wax on them. No biggie.

Except it was.

Since the the wax is on my very BACK teeth, it comes off real easy. "Oh well, I'll get use to it." Well I haven't and for the past month my ceeks are litterally being torn up from my braces.

Later I found out, the chick that put them on forgot to clip the wire in the back. I didn't say anything because I didn't feel it. So I now have about a CM amount of wire digging into my cheek, and tearing pieces off. No sweat, If I just stand the pain till April 1st (my next appointment) they can get it taken care of.

Now, the real rant begins. The other day, I ate a Cadbury Egg whole, something I have done several times before when I have had my braces; since it hurts too much to bite it with my front teeth, might as well do it with my back.

That was the fucking stupidest thing I have ever done. One, I had bit down on it wrong because I didn't want to open my mouth as wide so my cheeks wouldn't rip open again. In doing this, my lower jaw MOVED out of place. It was growing in the wrong direction before, but now it's REALLY growing in the wrong direction.

Now when I bite down:

I have a few centimeter space between my front teeth and bottome teeth. Oh shit. It wasn't like that before.

I bite the shit out of my cheeks.

And I can't pop my lower jaw back in place. Well, I suppose I could but I don't really want to screw anything more with my mouth.

Now, I could just go and drive to the Ortho guys and see what's really wrong. But the thing is, the nearest place is one hour and 30 minutes away. T_T

Pretty much, anything I eat has to be something I can swallow without putting much effort into chewing, for example:

Rice and Ramen Noodles. -_- Evertyhing else just hurts my jaw even more and requires my cheeks to take a beatting when I chew.

Eihwaz
Mar 21, 2005, 08:32 PM
...holy fuck! o_O;;

That sounds hideously painful and just...generally horrible. Get to your orthodontist, ASAP! x_x;

BoarDemon
Mar 21, 2005, 11:34 PM
The only thing I can think of to say to you is that you really need to go the the hospital/orthodontist.

RedBoxHunter
Mar 21, 2005, 11:53 PM
If it were me, I would have set up an emergency orthodontist appointment instead of waiting for my next one.

Fefnir
Mar 21, 2005, 11:58 PM
I agree with the rest. Get the hell fixed up or at least checked on if you want to keep that mouth of yours. Even if is an hour and a half away, it's best to just figure out what the hell is going on as soon as possible.

Eihwaz
Mar 22, 2005, 01:41 AM
Yeah, screw waiting, you need to go NOW. On the plus side, if you don't, ramen is really delicious. >_>

Zelutos
Mar 22, 2005, 02:29 AM
i have braces. they suck. the inside of my mouth is a disaster. they put wires into my jaw to pull teeth here and there, when they are taking the elastics off - they use too much force and the pick things they use to take them off goes into my lip (i had one lady who decided not to use any tools to put on the elastics...just her fingers which hurt like hell because part of it would catch and the rest wouldn't, so she'd have to pull awkwardly to fix it). But yeah, i know the pain. And the best thing to do is to go to the people and get the wire snipped.

Neith
Mar 22, 2005, 01:22 PM
Ow, ow,ow.. feel sorry for ya.. I know how annoying braces can be, my mouth was really fucked for a year or two, as I had way too many teeth, so there was no room for new ones, ended up growing at an angle. Shit, that hurt, so I kinda know how you feel. Sounds wierd this, but my jaw does the exact same thing, only Ive learned how to sort it out (I just kinda open my mouth, then push the side of my jaw hard.) It hurts, but there's no way I'm gonna see a dentist about it. If you cant push your jaw back into place (dont do it if you're not sure), id really try and get the whole lot sorted when you have your next appointment, otherwise it might get worse.. Until then, just try and find something to take your mind off the pain (like your Yasminkov runs http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif ) So yeah, Im not exactly a doctor, so just do what feels right for you, thats about the best advice I can give.

TheOneHero
Mar 22, 2005, 01:42 PM
I tried popping my jaw back, failed. ._.;

On a happier note, I got an appointment set up this thursday to go down and try and get it taken care of. (This was the quickest they could get me in.) >_>

Neith
Mar 22, 2005, 02:05 PM
Good good, probably for the best you do get it sorted, since it sounds pretty scary.

Zelutos
Mar 22, 2005, 06:30 PM
You should probably see a doctor too.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Mar 23, 2005, 03:48 AM
Wow.
This topic has scared the hell outta me.

Yesterday afternoon I got some wisdom teeth pulled. the blood hasn't stopped yet, and one side where the stitches are-has an errant thread. I was under the nitrous and they hurried me out of there after the operation was done. I did not notice it until coming home and couldn't ask them to fix it. They didn't tell me anything about maintanence for my gums and just handed me some gauze and a paper with un-useful info on it.

Eventually I have to get braces as well for the excessive crowding in my mouth, from years of negligence. This looks like a horror story to make note of. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I hear you about those dental assistants who tear you apart with tools.

Fitting a needle into me, the one who was tending to me tore my vein a bit. It still hurts. Nurses and such in the past have been good at taking blood/using needles on me. I know the difference whether they are doing it right or not. Simple enough really, does it hurt like hell - or is there no pain at all?

I spoke up about the pain(Why does it hurt so much? She answered that I should not hold my fist closed still. I didn't and it still hurt.) but the anesthesia soon took effect. The nurse told me "Feels like you're getting high huh?"

Hmm. I say "I don't know how that feels like," only to hear her laugh and roll her eyes at that.

How dare her. Really. Assuming I'm some drug user. I'm freaking paying you people to fix my teeth. Don't give me lip like that. Dentists and their employees are the most money hungry people I've seen anywhere. Schedule you, take your money, make you sign numerous disclaimers, do a sloppy job and off you go. You want it fixed? You have to pay more.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

BoarDemon
Mar 24, 2005, 12:25 PM
On 2005-03-23 00:48, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

I spoke up about the pain(Why does it hurt so much? She answered that I should not hold my fist closed still. I didn't and it still hurt.) but the anesthesia soon took effect. The nurse told me "Feels like you're getting high huh?"

Hmm. I say "I don't know how that feels like," only to hear her laugh and roll her eyes at that.

How dare her. Really. Assuming I'm some drug user. I'm freaking paying you people to fix my teeth. Don't give me lip like that.

I've had that happen to me before too, except I said "I've never gotten high before..", and she said "Uh-huh, sure you haven't..". I wanted to rip her fucking head off.

On 2005-03-23 00:48, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:

Dentists and their employees are the most money hungry people I've seen anywhere. Schedule you, take your money, make you sign numerous disclaimers, do a sloppy job and off you go. You want it fixed? You have to pay more.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Another thing is that once you get there you have to wait 2 fucking hours just to be seen for 5 minutes.