PDA

View Full Version : GC: What the hell!? They STOLE my guild card? X_x

adamgnome104
Mar 21, 2005, 09:51 PM
OK, so it was a normal day in PSO GC, I was talking in the lobby, idling, even doing lobby animations.

When all of a sudden, adamgnome sent me his guild card.

Now that would make sense and all, but THAT IS ME. I accepted, searched myself, and well...it just said the user changed names into...my name. Same lobby and everything. (It was in black font too, pretty cool. Until they changed it into adamgnome stfu in pink font.)

Can someone please explain, I hope they arn't mailing people on my list or whatever. Hopefully this code is just meant to screw around with people without FSODing them. :|

Thats it im buying BB.

DB
Mar 21, 2005, 10:07 PM
It's probably someone with an Action Replay just screwing with you. Plus, I could take your name and send you my card. He just changed font colors and such, which you can do with GS and Action Replay. I wouldn't worry about it. Prolly just someone out to screw around with your head.

adamgnome104
Mar 22, 2005, 03:30 PM
Too bad it worked. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Jason
Mar 22, 2005, 05:38 PM
You shouldn't have easily accepted anything out of the ordinary in the first place. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

DB
Mar 22, 2005, 09:30 PM
Yes, shun the unknown and stomp it back into the ground where it belongs. And if it's different, kill it on sight.

If only we all followed these simple rules... Well, the world would be in utter chaos.

Just a rule of thumb in all seriousness though. Don't accept a Guild Card from anyone, until you've played a game or two with them and get to know them somewhat. No sense in handing out the ability to track you, and having hackers or other crazies hunt you down all day since they have nothing better to do.

Ochre
Mar 22, 2005, 11:26 PM
From what I recall, the code you experienced is either the fake guild card send code, or the guild card steal code. From my limited experience with both, it seems like someone is sending a card except they seem to be able to change the text color and the name of the card to whatever they want to. I've had the guild card steal code done to me and it appears that they can take your card without you sending it.

One example...I was in a lobby and just as I was about to enter a game with a friend to do some MA1, I got sent a guild card from someone named "Nekkid robot Erynne"....Erynne alone being my character name. I thought someone was playing a practical joke on me so I just joined my game, but I had to go out and get a person who was late. Then I had someone telling me to send them my card again, because it said "Nekkid robot Erynne." I guess that's guild card stealing. x.x

This is why I'm never going into busy lobbies again.

SquashDemon
Mar 23, 2005, 05:19 AM
I've had that done to me by Soulja and Sanjuro but instead of sending my card back to me, they kept it for themselves and started hunting me. Its really not all that fun, but yeah...stuff like that happens

Corey
Mar 23, 2005, 05:28 PM
Sanjuro's version is better (seeing as he can just "take" your card or give it out without doing much of anything)

soulja's is the one everyone is using

I think soulja's steal sends it to anyone desired but you have to do some steps(I forgot how it works actually so don't quote me on that)

SquashDemon
Mar 24, 2005, 05:27 PM
meh, I don't care how it works. It's really annoying is all, I don't have to worry about Sanjuro that much because he's usually asleep when I play, but when he is on at the same time I am its always like this:
Sanjuro: Gimme the pass or suffer
Me: go away
Sanjuro: *spam mail FSOD*

*sigh* I can't wait till Blue Burst comes out, sure people will hack that eventually too, but untill then I will be able to play without getting FSODed or every other day...