PDA

View Full Version : How to get more ATA?

Notos
Mar 22, 2005, 02:07 PM
Well, just got to ult caves and my lack of ATA is beginning to get unbearable. One miss and the enemy smack you for 60% of you life is harsh. That was with lv14 deband on, don't remember if I jellen that vulmer. I decided it is time for me to hunt for god/arm and make 104 dex sato or nidra. Unfortunately, that is probably going to take a long time. I'm redria and God/arm is 1/41 from vhard parm. My main mag is not even 200 yet, making a 3rd mag will take even longer. Does any of you have a better (read: faster) way to get more ATA?

My character is a lv55 HUnewearl using 1 general/arm, 2 elf/arm and 1 master/ability, which I'll swap for another general/arm later. My current mag has 15 defense and everything else in power. None of my weapons have hit % (or any % for that matter). I pick up everything and always check the shop. The best one I found was a 35% hit force stick which does me no good.

Scejntjynahl
Mar 22, 2005, 02:14 PM
Easiest would be to make a Mag with more on ATA. Something like this may be nice 5, 145, 50, 0.

Neith
Mar 22, 2005, 02:14 PM
HUney's can have 'issues' with accuracy at that stage in the game. Definately hunt a God/Arm, it'll work wonders http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif As for your mag, a DEX of around 50-ish should be ok. Just remember that if you plan on using some weapons (mechs, for example, you'll probably need Hit %'s, otherwise you'll miss, like you have been. Hunt a God/Arm though, you might find it to be a lifesaver.

Ice_ryu
Mar 22, 2005, 02:15 PM
Look around in VHard more for two elf/arm ++ to replace the arms you have now. they are very common in VH ruins and everybit of the ata they provide will help. the other way is a mag that supplies it. Most people raise mags that only up 1 or 2 things. i raise mags that help all stats and specialize in one. like 30/110/30/30... which mostly boasts power but gives me that extra 15 ata.

CrazyJ
Mar 22, 2005, 02:31 PM
Since raising a Mag can take a good bit of time...while you're raising your new Mag I'd suggest (as was mentioned before) doing V Hard ruins runs. Maybe do the Retired Hunter offline quest (good exp and decent items).

If you're a Purplenum then hunt you some Vulcans with Hit % (Ult Forest runs should work ok for hunting them). What ID are you and maybe we can think of some other options for you?

-- J

Calx
Mar 22, 2005, 03:00 PM
When you do make the mag, don't stop at giving it 30 dex or something like that. I generally give my first mags around 50-80 dex, because missing will slow you down more than doing a little less damage. I like to hit every.single.time. I can't damage anything if I'm sprawled on the floor.

While I use that mag, I just prepare a new one for when my character gets to be so high level that I can allocate more points to power. Of course, exactly how much dex you allocate depends on which class you play, but I've never had a character that could hit things consistently at lvl 50-80 in Ultimate with only 30 dex on the mag. In fact, you'll probably be using the dex mag a good while into the 100's, after which you can hand it down to a new character. It's a great investment overall.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Calx on 2005-03-22 12:03 ]</font>

Sitka
Mar 22, 2005, 03:38 PM
Notos,

I have several dex mags including a nice pink Sato that fits your profile nicely (5/100/95/0). I farmed an entire colony of satos and ratis way back when - I'm not obssessive or anything - and I can give you one if you would like. I also have a ton of 25/25/25/25/ mags waiting to be finished off - you can have one of those if you want. That would be on the xbox platform.

I also have 50% hit railguns, vulcans, mechs, swords, partisans - take your pick. I probably have a couple of Elf Arm++ somewhere as well. And for your hune, I've got claws that I will never use on my chars - take your pick of those as well.

Anyway, you're welcome to them. Let me know when you want them. Let's pre-arrange it because I'll be bouncing back and forth between the two platforms for a bit. PM me when you get a chance.

DB
Mar 22, 2005, 05:07 PM
I'd also suggest lvling up. Around lvl 80 is safe for Ultimate. You're lvl 55. You're gonna get trashed of course. Go back to V-Hard, search for some items. Do some quests, etc. Then walk back into Ultimate when you can actually take more then two hits.

GreenArcher
Mar 22, 2005, 06:09 PM
Yes leveling up would be a good idea. My other character (Green_Archer, RAmarl) was level 101 when she beat caves. She was at 108 struggling through mines, (I got a new xbox live account and switched all items so I started over) so yeah. I know it's probobly a different level story with Hunes, but you should probobly be closer to 90 for ult caves.

Notos
Mar 22, 2005, 09:53 PM
Thanks for the suggestion everybody. And thanks for offering items, Sitka, but let's see how I do until we do cmode.

Well, did Kireek training quest to begin unlocking addicting food in vhard. General/arm++ dropped! So now 121 ATA with units. Back to the caves! As long as I don't see the word "miss", I don't get hit... much. Unfortunately, I see the word miss a lot. I only lose about 1/3 of my HP with D/J from vulmer, so no big deal. Also started my 5/91/104/0 Sato, feeding 3 mags... I hope I don't get FSOD.

Found a 35 hit calibur and that boosted my to 181 ATA. Attacks lands about 85% of the times but since sword animation kind of suck, I'm forced to use L-H combo.

Heh, worm boy is dead. His chain laser had me worried, but unlike v2, you fall down from it, so it's easy. But his spike is one hit kill even with D/J if crit. Lv59 now, nice.

Onward! To the mines! ...maybe... (The smart thing to do is to probably to hunt for god/arm, god/battle and lv20 S/D/J/Z. But I never said I am smart.)

lain2k3
Mar 23, 2005, 06:27 PM
Level 55 is fine for ultimate caves with good equipment and effective luring, but if that's your first character, I would get to 65 or so before going to caves. Mines are a whole nother story for hunters, I wouldnt even bother until 80 or so.

Master/ability is useless, as are all other /ability units. spend your time searching for god/arms and breaking boxes for elf arms, or just level up. Use weaker weapons with hit% if they are available.

sviatgabor
Mar 25, 2005, 03:55 PM
On 2005-03-23 15:27, lain2k3 wrote:

Master/ability is useless, as are all other /ability units.

Why? Doesn't it increase all attributes by 15? (On DC at least...)

Bladehunter
Mar 26, 2005, 09:17 AM
Notos! Are you the Notos which was playing on PC a while ago? I played with a char named Link and I was persistent on using a Silence claw's special attack. If you remember me, reply to this thread.

Notos
Mar 26, 2005, 12:34 PM
I remember you, Link. That was quite a while ago. We wondered where did you go when you didn't come back after you left for vacation. Unfortunately, I'm on xbox. Your profile saids you're on the cube. Well, it's nice to see a familiar face. Don't tell Ives I'm on v3. :3

Sviatgabor, it's 10/0 (stat/ata) for master, 15/1 for hero and 20/2 for god in v2. And they're completely useless in v2 since you have unlimited mat usage.

Bladehunter
Mar 26, 2005, 01:34 PM
Well, I was playing on my Dad's computer, and it broke down. And then I never found you again. Anyways, if you ever go playing on PC again, Look for Bladehunter (HUmar) and Santari (RAcaseal)

Notos
Mar 26, 2005, 04:22 PM
Sorry about your computer. You should backup your save in case. So far, I do think v3 is superior than v2. (Really, don't tell Ives, he'll kill me if he hears this.) I probably won't be coming back to v2. Most of the people I know either left or are MIA. If I do drop by to say hi, I'll give you my second set of imp pick, frozen shooter and a bunch of lv15 techs.

Saiffy
Mar 26, 2005, 06:59 PM
On 2005-03-25 12:55, sviatgabor wrote:

On 2005-03-23 15:27, lain2k3 wrote:

Master/ability is useless, as are all other /ability units.

Why? Doesn't it increase all attributes by 15? (On DC at least...)

Ability Units raise all stats save ATA(well it raises ATA a bit)

Master raises all stats by 5, and HP by one
Hero raises all stats by 10, HP by one and ATA by 1
God raises all stats by 20, HP by 2? and ATA by 2

And they aren't worthless if you want to max your stats

Bladehunter
Mar 27, 2005, 05:48 AM
as far as I know, /ability units don't boost HP at all. I think it was a typo.

@Notos: Thanks, that would be really appreciated.

Ketchup345
Mar 27, 2005, 08:29 PM
*/Ability units do not raise HP at all.

It is supposed to be ATA:
Master/Ability gives 0.5 ATA
Hero/Ability gives 1 ATA
God/Ability gives 2 ATA