PDA

View Full Version : need help with skyly humar

Hunter_X
Mar 22, 2005, 05:51 PM
I got sick of purplenum and redria so i decided to make a skyly (i saw the drop rates for swords *drools uncontrollably*) and this is my first skyly so help please.

TheOneHero
Mar 22, 2005, 05:56 PM
What exactly do you need help with?

Hunter_X
Mar 22, 2005, 05:57 PM
pretty much everything

TheOneHero
Mar 22, 2005, 05:58 PM
On 2005-03-22 14:57, Hunter_X wrote:
pretty much everything

Which is...?

Eanae
Mar 22, 2005, 06:02 PM
... Yes, because having a new section ID makes game play so much different ...

Hunter_X
Mar 22, 2005, 06:03 PM
hmm....should i just destroy my humar and make him a hucast? How is this better in long run than my purplenum hucast? What is some good and bad things about skyly? and every single thing about this id.

Arnot
Mar 22, 2005, 06:11 PM
On 2005-03-22 15:03, Hunter_X wrote:
hmm....should i just destroy my humar and make him a hucast? How is this better in long run than my purplenum hucast? What is some good and bad things about skyly? and every single thing about this id.

Well I don't know "every single thing," but here's one:
Sealed J-Sword
O.o

That's all that you need to know...

toly369
Mar 22, 2005, 06:55 PM
Ok, obviously no1 else will tell you much. You will have an abundance of Last Survivors and Flowen's Swords. You get God/HP from Nar Lilies in VHard. You are screwed when it comes to good/rare armor. Sealed J-Sword. Angel Harp from Ult Pal Rappies (1/21, got mine). Red Saber from Hildetorrs. Ult Caves is where you will get your best stuff. Red Sword, Chain Sawd, Red Slicer, Red Daggers all found in Caves. Ult Mines is basically crap for you. If you balance DEF+POW=DEX+MIND your rare mag will be Rati. Any more questions?

Baphomet
Mar 22, 2005, 07:13 PM
Everyone always points out that skyly has sucky armor, but skyly has one of the easiest luminous fields and easy standstill shields. Easy God/Power, HP, and Arm are nice. SJS if you are ambitous. Easiest soul banish, and one of the 2 yasha's. All the double sabers I think. Down sides, good rares are fairly hard to come by, most of the bosses drop crap, and dragon slayers get old quick.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Baphomet on 2005-03-22 16:14 ]</font>

tetujin
Mar 22, 2005, 07:48 PM
dont forget you can get demo comet in caves....

Hunter_X
Mar 22, 2005, 07:54 PM
wow i have to get to ulitimate just to get some pretty good weapons.......now im wonderin is it worth investing my time into

TheSoulEater
Mar 22, 2005, 08:00 PM
dude, you seem like a cool guy, why waste the skyly on a HUmar? this is jsut my opinion, but HUmars are extremely boring.

Hunter_X
Mar 22, 2005, 08:05 PM
I normally pick hucasts (They are the best) but i wanted to see if its worth it to trade power for mst and see if techniques ease up the game.

TheSoulEater
Mar 22, 2005, 08:10 PM
ahh, honest decision. Id like to find out, but i love blowing past my friends who all pick HUmars in ATP. And i think they are a tad too common.

Hunter_X
Mar 22, 2005, 08:35 PM
yeah i noticed how a hucast blows out a humar with attack my bro's hucast is only level 3 and its stronger than my level 8 humar (without the armor plug ins and mag).

TheSoulEater
Mar 22, 2005, 08:39 PM
Skyly is great in EP2 i think as well. But if you dont like swords for some demented reason, make a different id.

ShadowsMinion
Mar 22, 2005, 08:46 PM
I like HUneweral, since they are most unique and bring in some interesting magical options (shifta and deband) plus resta and anti. But it just depends on if you are more strategic with weapons or magic. I would avoid HUmar at all costs though.

TheSoulEater
Mar 22, 2005, 08:57 PM
Good logic. Because if you plan on using magic as a hunter, why not be good at it and be a Hunewearl?

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 23, 2005, 07:14 PM
I know what he means. I scrapped my Greennill Humar for a greennill fonewm because the mar couldn't handle Mine Ult. Cave will do you good, and that's easily a hunter level. Not to metion if you don't have a hunter, you need one if you have a skyly. If you do, use a character you don't have but want, but I suggest agaist hunters, cause I think their lousy

I like the Ramarl for what shadow said, cept she's not a hunter.

Hunewearl Skylys, however, can go to Temple and get a Heart of Poumn easily. (1/2 from a love rappy) Shadow said that cause of Silf (my hunewearl skyly).

On 2005-03-22 17:05, Hunter_X wrote:
I normally pick hucasts (They are the best) but i wanted to see if its worth it to trade power for mst and see if techniques ease up the game.

Normally meaning "often?" Dude... Ditch the hunters.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViewtifulJoe on 2005-03-23 16:20 ]</font>

Sitka
Mar 23, 2005, 08:06 PM
If you already have a Purplenum Hucast, why make a Skyly Humar or Hucast for that matter.

Why not try a Skyly Ranger?

Ramarl, Racast, Racaseal, Ramar - take your pick.

The advantage of the Skyly Ranger is he can get your Hucast all the cool caves weapons and just maybe the elusive j-sword, but most importantly .... TOWERS.

Skyly rangers own Towers with their Frozen Shooters, Yas 9000's and so on. And Skyly Towers are some of the best runs in the game when it comes to good drops. And then there's PW4 - but don't get me started.

Have fun.

Genoa
Mar 23, 2005, 10:31 PM
Depends on how you play. Are you technique dependent? Are you trap dependent? Do you mind having low MST and few lvl. tech disks in sacrifice for higher strength and HP? Do you like a bit more accuracy and evasion in your character? Do you switch from melee combat to ranged combat? Do you actually use attack techniques or just support/healing techniques?

If you want little support/healing and decent Strength, go with HUmar

If your better with all out brute force and traps, HUcast's the man

If you want really good accuracy and evasion (highest accuracy NOT including Rangers, and 2nd highest evasion in the game) and still has pretty good strength and health, go for HUcaseal

If your a solo player, rely on healing techniques and support techniques and still want decent melee, HUnewearl will own your heart.

All depends on what your good at.

RedSchwar
Mar 24, 2005, 04:32 AM
HUmars are plenty strong.

HUcast has 9 less ATA, which is 18 levels worth.

HUcast CAN become more accurate by finding S-Parts 2.01, but it's very hard to find, and costs a great deal of defense. So much defense, that without a force in Ultimate, a better shield is needed.

There is no class that is flat out better than another. I like HUmars because they are not the best in any situation, but they are never the worst in any situation, either.

Ice_ryu
Mar 24, 2005, 08:40 AM
My HHmar never goes wrong for me. Almost infinate healing quickly because of level 15 healing, although I cant attack as strong as a hucast by normal strenght, I can lower the defense on my enemies and then pound on them.. and of course when there is a large attact of monsters I can use hit techniques that hit them all till they die ad not even get hit. Power isn't everything. My friend HUcast is 10 levels higher and when he play ULT his extra power becomes worthless with swords and such becuase he misses to much. He hs to equipt his red saber.. in the meanwhile I equipt my sword and pund on everything.

Neith
Mar 24, 2005, 02:20 PM
My Skyly is a HUnewearl, and ive had no regrets so far, other than the onslaught of Last Survivors and Dragon Slayers.. As for the weapons, notable finds are:
(ultimate mode unless noted)
Chain Sawd- Vulmer- 1/1050
Red Sword- Govulmer- 1/900
Sealed J-Sword- Gi Gue- 1/12603
Angel Harp- Pal Rappy- 1/21
Demolition Comet- Pouilly (Red) Slime- 1/2

As for armour, Skyly has it tough, but theres:
Brightness Circle- Deldepth- 1/2560
Luminous Field- Sinow Blue- 1/1707
Sacred Cloth- Ruins Indi Belra- 1/2276

Good armor, but hardish drops.

Shields is pretty much the same story:
Standstill Shield- Dolmdarl- 1/2926
Attribute Wall- Hard Spaceship Hidoom or VH Spaceship Delsaber.
Not many good shields going unfortunately. Better trading for one.

As you can see, no problems weapon wise, but defensive equipment can be an issue.

Hunter_X
Mar 24, 2005, 07:48 PM
Wow humars are pretty bad. my guy is level 17 and i still get crushed by de rol le. I even equipted him with plenty of ogre powers and he still is horrible. i just decided to get rid of him and make another hucast. With the hucast i was able to beat de rol le at level 12! i see a major difference now.

toly369
Mar 24, 2005, 11:20 PM
The humar is an interesting character. The reason you got whooped at lvl 17, is cause you HAVE TO (emphasis on 'have to') use techniques when you are a Humar. When you get lvl 15 techs, you eventually outgrow the amount of damage they do, and concentrate on melee with the assistance of Resta and the such. I have a grip-load of ATA on my Skyly humar, and it comes in handy. The bad part is if I get knocked down to 1HP i have to do Resta like 3 times to reach full health again. The only reason I beat De La Rei(Ult. dude can't remember spelling), at such a low lvl is because I constantly used lvl 15 zonde on his head. You get more ATA as a humar and at higher lvls your stats gained at each lvl become 3 (xcept for ATA and EVP). The Humar is for people who like melee with occasional magic.

Hunter_X
Mar 25, 2005, 01:27 AM
wait there is something wrong here....my level 12 force got trashed by de rol le and he used level 19 gizonde on him. I hit him all the time and did like 200 damage to him and yet it never killed him whats up with that?