PDA

View Full Version : Quick PSOBB question (not found in FAQ's)

cowciller
Mar 23, 2005, 09:34 PM
Anyone know if you'll be able to transfer you're character from the japanese version of PSOBB to the US release? I know they are server side saves, but I'm not sure if this means that characters will be compatable between the two. I hope so, because that would mean I'd be getting on the JP tonight instead of waiting 1 month + for the US release.

Thanks in advance!

Mixfortune
Mar 23, 2005, 09:39 PM
Of course, as US isn't out yet there's no definitive way to know, but there has never been a way on any PSO to date to transfer characters between two different regions. Not likely to happen anytime soon.

Cynric
Mar 23, 2005, 09:52 PM
What about when Skorpius talks about going on JP and EU ships on the Gamecube? Are they true region servers, or are they just where the JP/EU people congregate?

Tancient
Mar 23, 2005, 09:55 PM
Their servers are linked on GC(Unknown if they will with BB, but I speculate so due to ship numbers), but your GUI (The menus, etc) Will still be in Japanese, and your HL will still be based upon the yen price.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tancient on 2005-03-23 18:56 ]</font>

Mixfortune
Mar 23, 2005, 09:57 PM
On 2005-03-23 18:52, Cynric wrote:
What about when Skorpius talks about going on JP and EU ships on the Gamecube? Are they true region servers, or are they just where the JP/EU people congregate?

Well, currently the servers aren't connected.
There is a difference though between being able to play on a different region's servers, and transferring a character from one region of the game itself to another region. For some it might not be much difference, so if the servers for BB do become connected, it might not be that much of a problem (besides perhaps out of game things like your account information and the email newsletters that are sent out).

Skorpius
Mar 24, 2005, 02:55 AM
On 2005-03-23 18:52, Cynric wrote:

They are true region servers. One is in the US, one in JP the other in EU.

As for the question at hand, you might be able to download the English client and access your Japanese account with your characters. As long as you have the account username and password.

However, I'm not familiar with how Blue Burst files work, so.. take it or leave it. XP

Para
Mar 24, 2005, 09:50 PM
actually i was wondering... maybe sega intends to have one character server and seperate gaming servers...

maybe after you select your char you select what region (jpn or NA) then ship then block?