PDA

View Full Version : XBox: question about rare-finding negation

Kione
Mar 26, 2005, 12:41 AM
i have a quesiton about the xbox version.
i know stacking items, and mags over level 200 negatie your chances of finding rares.

but what about weapons with 100% hit? would having these also negate rare finding?
a speedy answer would be much appriciated.

danke

jspacemunkey
Mar 26, 2005, 01:10 AM
this may belong in the cheaters forum.

i don't know that anyone is sure what hacks do and do not prevent rare finding. a long while back i was engaged in a discussion on the xbox.com pso forum about exactly this topic, but we didn't reach a resolution. most people agree that stacking or using a 1300 mag (or whatever they're called, i can't remember exactly) disables all rare drops. some people qualify this by saying that if you are not the game creator drops are not affected. others say that it doesn't matter who creates the game because if even one person uses hacks rare drops are disabled. as for a weapon with 100% hit, i sincerely doubt that this would cause any issues. stacking and 1300 mags are majors hacks that bend the rules of the game, and supposedly make it impossible to find rares. in contrast you could actually find a weapon with 100% hit, so such a weapon doesn't bend the rules of pso. at any rate, in my experience back when the game first hit a lot of people had weapons like this and there were no rare drop issues. rare drops issues only came with stacking and 1300 mags.

all that said, i really think hacks and dupes are lame. i bought the game when it came out and got bored very quickly because i traded for dupes (and probably hacks as well) online. i recommend playing with "found" items only, as i'm currently doing. it makes the experience more rewarding and you won't have to worry about stuff like this. just my opinion though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jspacemunkey on 2005-03-25 22:14 ]</font>