PDA

View Full Version : Well my Network cards here.. but..

dragoon-girl
Mar 26, 2005, 07:21 AM
Ok, here's the setup, I finaly got my Network card, My wireless connection is set to Share, and my Ethernet card is connected to the Gamecube with a Cross over cable, It can see it is and a Orange light is lit on the Card
The problem is when I tried to connect.. I get this error

"Could not connect to the network.
Failed to create an IP Address from DHCP
DHCP Server may not exist or may be down."

How do I make it DHCP!?

Ryna
Mar 26, 2005, 07:58 AM
You need to setup Internet Connection Sharing using the ICS wizard.

dragoon-girl
Mar 26, 2005, 08:10 AM
On 2005-03-26 04:58, Ryna wrote:
You need to setup Internet Connection Sharing using the ICS wizard.

Doing that just bridges them and makes nothing on my laptop connect.. *sigh* This is so frustrating

dragoon-girl
Mar 26, 2005, 08:16 AM
Right.. got it to DHCP, but now it won't connect

"(no.102)
You could not be connected to the server.
Please check that your provider settings are correct beforee connecting,
The line was Disconnected.

PRESS START."

>__<

Ryna
Mar 26, 2005, 08:26 AM
When you setup ICS, it turns your laptop into a DHCP server. Everything that connects to your computer is supposed to have its traffic routed over the wireless.

dragoon-girl
Mar 26, 2005, 08:30 AM
On 2005-03-26 05:26, Ryna wrote:
When you setup ICS, it turns your laptop into a DHCP server. Everything that connects to your computer is supposed to have its traffic routed over the wireless.

But it's not connecting to the game!
I just don't understand ;-;

Bu5ta
Mar 27, 2005, 06:24 PM
Can't you just connect the two using a wireless router? That would sove your problems, plus then you can use both Laptop and Gamecube online at the same time.

dragoon-girl
Mar 28, 2005, 04:36 PM
On 2005-03-27 15:24, Bu5ta wrote:
Can't you just connect the two using a wireless router? That would sove your problems, plus then you can use both Laptop and Gamecube online at the same time.

I've solved it.. And the router is to far away, and I can get online with my laptop and GC at the same time with it connected to my Laptop.. so it's all good ^-^