PDA

View Full Version : How megid works

Luis
Mar 26, 2005, 05:03 PM
I got a idea, about hows megid works, i belive this is a formula, not sure its 100% true but, i think, its depending on the megid lvl + mst point, for example

lets see that a pal rappy got 90% dark res, and you got lvl 30 megid, and there is certain megid power not showed on the game, but lets see that your mst and your megid lvl make a total of 100 of damage, and the pal rappy got 90 points of defense, i belive the power - 90 is a result of 10 and that 10 became a percent of 10% chance of kill, one of my questions is if you got a lot of MST the MST change the percent of killing a certain beast, thank you for your time

Evil_Althena8
Mar 26, 2005, 05:05 PM
OR....you could go here http://www.pso-world.com/techdamagecalc.php

oh..and megid has nothing to do with your MST, just it's level and the monster's EDK

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Evil_Althena8 on 2005-03-26 14:06 ]</font>

Luis
Mar 26, 2005, 05:10 PM
On 2005-03-26 14:05, Evil_Althena8 wrote:
OR....you could go here http://www.pso-world.com/techdamagecalc.php

oh..and megid has nothing to do with your MST, just it's level and the monster's EDK

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Evil_Althena8 on 2005-03-26 14:06 ]</font>

yes i was there but i saw a little mistake if you can compare, i know that the fonewearl got a 1.3 boost of megid, but try to comparte using the same formula to the fonewearl and another force for example i used the formarl and its show the same megid damage, and it couldnt be because the fonewearl got a natural boost that improve the megid, there is no way that the formarl does the same damage as the fonewearl with the same megid lvl, with the same mst and with the same monster thats why that i am not sure about that calculator.

space_butler
Mar 26, 2005, 05:36 PM
also that calculator dosnt appear to have bartles..

RicoRoyal
Mar 26, 2005, 05:40 PM
On 2005-03-26 14:36, space_butler wrote:
also that calculator dosnt appear to have bartles..

Pick its non-ultimate counterpart, silly. It'll know what you mean when you choose the difficulty.

Luis
Mar 26, 2005, 05:43 PM
rico what do you think about my question i know you are a force expert, i am not... you got any awnsers?

Tycho
Mar 26, 2005, 06:45 PM
Luis, there is no such thing as 'Megid damage'. It's just 'Megid power', that determines how likely it is the technique is going to work.
Also, RicoRoyal is a FOnewm expert, not a FO expert. xP

It is totally not true the FOnewearl would have a '* 1.3' bonus on Megid. She has natural Megid penetration, that's it. The guide is wrong.

Bawless
Mar 26, 2005, 07:41 PM
i need like 150 mst more till i can try out megid lol. or i need to find a lower lvl megid disk.

cp99
Mar 27, 2005, 01:52 AM
wait, what did ou mean by "She has natural Megid penetration" tycho?

Luis
Mar 27, 2005, 02:03 AM
hey anyone tryed megid lvl 30 with a humar on the tech calculator, please try it!

cp99
Mar 27, 2005, 02:56 AM
humars cant learn megid.

Bladehunter
Mar 27, 2005, 05:58 AM
He said try it in the Tech Calculator for fun!
Simpleminded fools...

Neith
Mar 27, 2005, 07:40 AM
On 2005-03-26 22:52, cp99 wrote:
wait, what did ou mean by "She has natural Megid penetration" tycho?

A FOnewearl's special ability, as well as a boost to basic techniques, is megid penetration. If a FOmar, for example, casts Megid, it will strike one enemy (either doing nothing or killing it), then dissipate. A FOnewearl's Megid will hit one enemy, possibly kill it, then pass through it onto the next enemy, so it is possible to kill multiple enemies with a single megid.

cp99
Mar 27, 2005, 05:14 PM
Wow, even after all this time, i still learn new things, thats pretty sweet, i had no idea. is thre any other "abilities" that the forces (or hunter or ranger) have distiguishing them from techneques cast by other charectors?

Luis
Mar 29, 2005, 09:44 PM
ok i am confused now, we just made our fonewearl up to 116, both with megid 30, we got 2 forces right now, foney (116) and fomarl (141) (one 30 real and another pumped with god technique), we tested again and again and the foney just blow the roof doing megid, streaking most times 3 or more in a row, where the fomarl just barely hits 2 in a row in sometimes most of the time 1 in a row

the diference on mst between is about 100 points of mst, we transfer the psycho wand one char to another, testing the weapon also (i know it wont boost but just in case), and i mean its seems that the foney rape the asses with megid better than the fomarl

any suggestions?

P.D when i mean we, is because the forces are all propiety of my wife, i am just helping her, everyone knows i am a ramar fan =)

anwserman
Mar 30, 2005, 01:26 AM
On 2005-03-29 18:44, Luis wrote:
ok i am confused now, we just made our fonewearl up to 116, both with megid 30, we got 2 forces right now, foney (116) and fomarl (141) (one 30 real and another pumped with god technique), we tested again and again and the foney just blow the roof doing megid, streaking most times 3 or more in a row, where the fomarl just barely hits 2 in a row in sometimes most of the time 1 in a row

the diference on mst between is about 100 points of mst, we transfer the psycho wand one char to another, testing the weapon also (i know it wont boost but just in case), and i mean its seems that the foney rape the asses with megid better than the fomarl

any suggestions?

P.D when i mean we, is because the forces are all propiety of my wife, i am just helping her, everyone knows i am a ramar fan =)

In regards to megid, all MST does is determine whether or not you learn the actual disk. Otherwise, it is the stregnth of the disk vs. the enemy's resistance to dark.

And about the FOnewearl vs. FOmarl. Yes, the FOnewearl will own any character with Megid at equal levels... even disregarding differences in MST... is because per cast the FOnewearl has more opportunities for Megid to work then any other character.

For a FOnewearl, Megid works much like regular barta. For every other force, without any special weapons equipped, it works like Foi. Cross out damage dealt by Barta/Foi and replace it with a chance of instant death, and thats how the analogy works.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2005-03-29 22:27 ]</font>

Luis
Mar 30, 2005, 10:14 AM
On 2005-03-29 22:26, anwserman wrote:
And about the FOnewearl vs. FOmarl. Yes, the FOnewearl will own any character with Megid at equal levels... even disregarding differences in MST... is because per cast the FOnewearl has more opportunities for Megid to work then any other character.

Yeah i know but why is the reason for that?? and i am not saying thats becasue natural penetration.

Neith
Mar 30, 2005, 11:29 AM
Per cast, a FOmarl can only hit one enemy with megid, meaning:
1 Megid cast= 1 enemy can be killed.
2 Megid= 2 enemy's at the most can be killed.

With a FOnewearl, their penetration ability allows for a Barta-like casting:
1 Megid= possible chance of killing a couple of enemies.

That's why a FOnewearl can own things a bit faster, as each strike can kill multiple enemies.

anwserman
Apr 1, 2005, 01:10 AM
On 2005-03-30 07:14, Luis wrote:

On 2005-03-29 22:26, anwserman wrote:

Yeah i know but why is the reason for that?? and i am not saying thats becasue natural penetration.

That is the reason why.

It seems like she kills things more efficiently, quicker and easier because you have to cast it less. It isn't because she kills things quicker, but because each cast has the ability to kill more then one enemy. First, get a FOnewearl and a FOmarl with the same level Megid, preferably 30. On the FOmarl, equip a weapon that gives her penetrating Megid (the eyeball weapon that casts free Megid is an example, the name escapes me).

And then give 'em a Seabed run together and I can guarentee that they'll both be equally effective.