PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who ordered the BBA from sega store.

Oronis
Feb 22, 2001, 01:29 PM
How long did it take you to recieve yours?

I ordered mine last tuesday with a VMU and recieved just the VMU a few days ago. Same day I got the VMU I called the sega line(which charges btw) recieved no answers to any of my questions.

Tynaut
Feb 22, 2001, 02:50 PM
I ordered my BBA in mid january. Still don't have it. They're way backordered, and as one email from customer support states "They should be shipping this week."

I guess they got some in.

MB
Feb 22, 2001, 03:05 PM
I ordered it the day it came out and i recieved it about a month later....
MBlaster

onexero
Feb 22, 2001, 04:28 PM
Hmm I don't know what the problem is with your orders I ordered mine on a Thursday or a Friday for 2 day delivery and got it on Monday of the next week...

Tynaut
Feb 22, 2001, 04:40 PM
Onexero,

Did you order yours a while ago? Say... before PSO came out? Or do you live in Japan? Because PSO has caused the sega store to get real backordered on the BBA. I haven't heard of anyone getting a timely delivery for the last two months.

alpha
Feb 22, 2001, 05:18 PM
thats odd, i ordered mine on a saturday a few weeks ago and recieved it that next wednesday, so 4 days. =)

RedVento
Feb 22, 2001, 05:27 PM
Here is the story on the BBA.
1st. orders placed the 1st 3 days were not shipped for 3 weeks. Why? Don't know, apperently neither do the folks over at Sega.
2nd. If you haven't received the BBA you might want to consider cancelling it.
Here are the Reasons:
BBA support pulled from Daytona
BBA support not going to be implemented in most new games.
Browser 2.6 will NEVER officially be released in the US.

I already cancelled mine. After seeing how I can hook my DC to my PC and use its cable connection I don't need the BBA. With the modem I get almost no lag. Just disconnects, using my PC's cable connection will eliminate that.

These are just things to think about.

MilkManX
Feb 22, 2001, 05:38 PM
How did you hook it to your PC? If you post a link I would appreciate it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

RedVento
Feb 22, 2001, 05:41 PM
there is a topic about it in this forum.. not very difficult. Easier if you run Win2K though, which I do fortunatly.

MB
Feb 22, 2001, 07:06 PM
the BBA works great for me... It cost the same as 1 game.... It will work for alot of the new games including the 2k2 titles... ALso that dc to pc trick doesnt work with all games, only the few that support blind dialing.... That basically means some games need to hear a dial tone to dial... I forget which ones, but there are a few.....
Mblaster

Oronis
Feb 22, 2001, 07:14 PM
Oh well looks like I'm going to be waiting a while for the BBA to come in, so I started playing the PS series from the first part again. I'm on PS2 now just entering Climacontrol. The real question is, should I play through PS3 4 times for all the endings?

Vanse
Feb 22, 2001, 07:41 PM
i returned my BBA too, i think it was very f'ing rude the way sega handled to BBA launch. they take orders for the BBA on Wednesday.... they KNOW they don't have them, but they wanted everyone to order them before they announced on Friday that PSO wouldn't support it! so they have all these orders, and i guarantee they didn't even have 1 BBA in their US warehouse, now they decide to tell us 2 weeks later that they are gonna stop making dreamcasts rofl, gw tnx info sega ^^ i think they dropped the ball this time and im glad they arent making anymore hardware, because i personally wouldn't buy it. i don't appreciate the way they have treated the people that have stuck with them thru all the bs just to gain a buck or two. welp i'm done http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif latez

ragnarok
Feb 22, 2001, 09:20 PM
I cancelled mine.

ragnarok
Feb 22, 2001, 09:20 PM
I cancelled mine.