PDA

View Full Version : PSO PC demo help

Brimstone
Jul 23, 2002, 08:12 PM
ive downloaded the demo and after 5 hours i try to install and at 88% it stops and an error occurs, anyone else have this problem?

Shadow_Blade
Jul 23, 2002, 08:17 PM
No, but if you try using a different dl app. It could help. Search under http://www.cnet.com for programs. A good one is DAP (download accelerator plus)

rbf2000
Jul 23, 2002, 08:38 PM
How big was the file you downloaded?

The first time I tried to download it, it said it was complete at about 26 MB. Needless to say, the install didn't work. The second time I downloaded it, it downloaded all the way, and it works fine.

Kent
Jul 24, 2002, 12:28 AM
Did they release another PC demo?

The one I downloaded was 14 MB.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jul 24, 2002, 12:29 AM
The new version of the trial allows you to make your own character, has music and sound, and goes online with limited conditions.

GaMMa
Jul 24, 2002, 01:38 AM
New version isn't that great.. I mean its ok in all.. It's just forest 1... when you die you get revived automatically... time limit before you get booted off the servers etc. No pioneer 2 also... played once not too fun

Defend
Jul 24, 2002, 03:28 AM
I enjoed it, its got F2 and the boss. The best bit is seeing all the v2 exclusive chat we missed out on.. there's HEAPS. Like Ult weaps and baddies, rares like Heart Of Pian or Panzer Faust.. and BA/C Mode chat... like "Playtime is over!", "Stick a fork in me - I'm done!", "Help us, Oh mighty Force!" (answered by something like "Gather unto me, ye something or other).. "Please have mercy on me! > Shiny Kaloo " hehe..

Or a new long one....
"Just because a weapon's strong doesn't make it the best. You have to pay attention to it attributes too.
> Everybody"

5 lines heheh.. lot cool other ones, especially all the taunts in BA mode. "I'll just take that meseta!" "You'll pay for this!" etc etc etc

And no loading times, warp between F1 and F2 like its a normal warp, takes 1 second. Love that..

GaMMa
Jul 24, 2002, 11:34 AM
I'd buy the full thing too, but I already own it for GC and after seeing how GC loads as fast as the PC version I'm waiting for the Xbox one.

rbf2000
Jul 25, 2002, 12:41 AM
On 2002-07-24 09:34, Gamma wrote:
I'd buy the full thing too, but I already own it for GC and after seeing how GC loads as fast as the PC version I'm waiting for the Xbox one.
Let me see if I can get this straight... You already own the gamecube version, which loads as fast as the PC version (which is virtually instantanous). And because of this, you are going to wait and buy the xbox version, even though you already have the gamecube version?

Did I get that right?

RavenTW
Jul 25, 2002, 07:06 AM
Maybe he's very impatient, and Xbox loads just a teeeeeeny bit faster.

[EDIT] One more thing. Where can you download the new version?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RavenTW on 2002-07-25 05:09 ]</font>

rbf2000
Jul 25, 2002, 01:22 PM
On 2002-07-25 05:06, RavenTW wrote:

[EDIT] One more thing. Where can you download the new version?
Look on the main page. Or if you are really just that lazy... click (http://www.4gamer.net/files/demo/PSOn-setup.exe)

Nendaiki
Jul 25, 2002, 03:21 PM
His statement made no sense, and GCN loads faster.

Defend
Jul 25, 2002, 05:46 PM
The GC won't load as fast as the PC. The PC Demo simply doesn't bother with loading at all. You're in the lobby, press enter, you're in Forest, faster than it took you to read these three words.

VariantXL
Jul 25, 2002, 09:22 PM
well that still depends on the pc...... but its damn fast..... so fast that it dosent have that spaced out loading screen with the sparkles that suck your mind in so you forget about the loading and by the time the game loads youre a drooling zombie....... or maybe thats just me.....