PDA

View Full Version : GC: mag cells

GregThug
Mar 27, 2005, 05:45 PM
hey i was wondering what mag cells were ive heard alot about them but dont know what they are or how to find them. so if anyone has any information for me i would like to know. thank you.

Sacred_One
Mar 27, 2005, 05:49 PM
The mag cells are used to fuse with your mag to create special kinds of mags ( Angel Wings, Chao, etc ). i think most of the cells can be found in certain quests.

cp99
Mar 27, 2005, 05:54 PM
unfortunitly none are availble an any OFFline quests, as far as i know, maybe can get one in plus? anyone know?

Quo
Mar 27, 2005, 05:55 PM
Mag cells are found from holiday rappies. Holiday Rappies only appear during holiday special events. These are uploaded server side, so changing the date on your system will not trigger Holiday rappy appearances. As I understand it, Holiday rappies drop a special item (Hallo-rappy drops Jack-o-Lantern, saint rappy drops christmas present). If you open these, you will get a randomly selected mag cell (though only certain mag cells come from certain special items, check the guides). It is recommended that you open these items offline, so if you get a mag cell you don't want, you can reset and try again.

Bawless
Mar 27, 2005, 05:56 PM
what online quests do you find them in? only holiday ones???? ive had a look at some of the online quests and none of the prizes ive seen are mag cells.

Quo
Mar 27, 2005, 05:58 PM
I'm not online, so I can't say for sure. But from what I understand, during the holidays, ST will put up the appropriate holiday decorations. While the decorations are up, holiday rappies can be found in normal play.

Also, I seem to recall that holiday rappies can only be found in episode 2.

I'll see if I can't find the guide.

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=658

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2005-03-27 15:01 ]</font>

GregThug
Mar 27, 2005, 06:07 PM
well i have pso plus and my friend said hes sure you can get them on pso plus because you know how its got all the online content so he said they must have them

Quo
Mar 27, 2005, 06:08 PM
On 2005-03-27 14:55, Quo wrote:
Holiday Rappies only appear during holiday special events. These are uploaded server side. . .

Sacred_One
Mar 27, 2005, 06:10 PM
Pioneer Halloween I believe has them.

GregThug
Mar 27, 2005, 06:27 PM
are the holidays the only way to get a mag cell?

Quo
Mar 27, 2005, 06:35 PM
On 2005-03-27 15:27, GregThug wrote:
are the holidays the only way to get a mag cell?

Yes, though I suppose you could go online and beg.

Sacred_One
Mar 27, 2005, 06:35 PM
I think there was one quest that don't require holidays to get mag cells.

Circio
Mar 27, 2005, 07:54 PM
Nope. Mag cells can only be found in Jack-o-Lanturns and Christmas Presents. They are dropped by Holiday Rappies which only appear in Temple. You can also obtain one from various quests that are up only around the holidays. Right now you could get an Easter Egg, but that only has various weapons. I might have a spare Jack-o-Lanturn or Christmas Present I could give to you. Not sure at the moment. I'll have to check my characters.

DarkShines
Mar 28, 2005, 08:00 AM
Can I found hollidays rappy in offline temple ? I can't play online so...

Neith
Mar 28, 2005, 09:25 AM
Yes, Pioneer Hallowe'en last year allowed you to get a Jack-o' Lantern by getting 8 different cakes and giving them to a hungry rappy. That's how I got my Cell of Mag213. Other than that quest, I think the only other way has been covered- Temple runs online during the periods of Christmas and Hallowe'en. Easter brings Egg Rappy, which drops Easter Eggs (rare weapons inside)

CrazyJ
Mar 28, 2005, 09:29 AM
On 2005-03-28 05:00, DarkShines wrote:

For the last time...NO.

Mag cells can only be obtained ONLINE.

-- J

Ryna
Mar 28, 2005, 09:30 AM
On 2005-03-28 05:00, DarkShines wrote:

If you are playing GC PSO, PSOX, or Blue Burst, you can only get mag cells online from holiday rappies or holiday quests.

If you are playing the Dreamcast version of PSO, you can find them offline from certain enemies. However, they are very rare drops.

JinxJinxJinx
Mar 28, 2005, 05:18 PM
how rare are the rappys? and what percent chance does it have to drop a cell

Ryna
Mar 28, 2005, 05:34 PM
On 2005-03-28 14:18, JinxJinxJinx wrote:
how rare are the rappys? and what percent chance does it have to drop a cell

If you manage to find a rare rappy, the drop rate is 7/8. No one knows the exact odds for finding a rare rappy, but 1/512 is often mentioned.

SheWren
Mar 29, 2005, 07:34 AM
Not so rare: I found 7 Egg Rappies last year, half in regular VR Temple runs and half in Blue Star Memories.
Xmas Present can be dropped by Saint Rappies in VR Temple, obtained in Pioneer Christmas (one per character and only in Ultimate) completing the tests and one (in any difficulty) from a woman in Pioneer 2 in exchange for 9 colored Presents bought at Gallon's Shop.
Hallo Rappies drops Jack-o-Lantern in VR Temple and give one Lantern (any difficulty) per character in Pioneer Halloween in exchange for 8 different cakes.