PDA

View Full Version : Current events- Gay rights

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 28, 2005, 01:51 AM
Now the Shiavo case is practically resolved. No one will take the case, so it looks like she'll starve to death, the one option that makes no one happy. (the other two being a quick euthanization or reinsert the tubes.)

Now, there aren't many big new news stories, so we'll go to an old, but still hot one. This is atually related, because the spouse has a say in a situation like Shiavo's

First- Gay marriage. So far there are three prominent option, allowing them to marry (and the least popular by the polls I've seen), a union of the two that is recognized by law, which includes the basic rights of marriage (it's technically not marriage), and that there should be neither.

Second- Gays in the culture. At the high school, the word "gay" has taken on the meaning of about every word with a negative connotation. You can call someone a motherfucker, and they'll laugh it off. Call them gay, and you'll often hear "I'm not gay." I know (and am certainly not friends with) guys who think it's cool to beat on them and such.

What's your reaction to these issues?

I'll express my opinion later, and feel free to state your opinion in it's entirety, for I'll try my best to make sure you're respected for it.

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 02:23 AM
Homosexual people are still human and deserve the right to be married. I think everyone should just get over the fact that some people are different and that they deserve equal rights to everyone else! I sure hope the Gay Marriage laws pass here in Canada.

Regarding the second issue, i've seen those jerks who pick on those people because they are, well, the way they are. And i stand up for them. One day at work, i heard a commotion near the back of my department, and low and behold, there were a few kids picking on a 14 year old who was gay. Of course, i kicked the bullies out and the kid hung around for awhile. He was a really nice guy and since then, him and i have become friends. So yeah, people who pick on people because they are different should die. Well..not die, just get a life.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2005-03-27 23:26 ]</font>

Eihwaz
Mar 28, 2005, 02:25 AM
Gays should be able to marry, just like any other person. Sadly, a lot of people in this country don't agree with that. For instance, a lot of people from the deep South say "We want to protect the sanctity of marriage!" Heh, guess where the divorce rate is highest in the country?

Partly becuase of the fact that a lot of people don't liek gays, a lot of teenagers are homophobic, so in their mind they equate "gay" to have a secondary meaning of "bad, stupid", etc. Using gay as an insult, or in any context like "Dude! That's gay!" is really stupid and close-minded.

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 02:26 AM
Pssh... gay people certainly deserve no rights.

(and the bait is set)

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Lock the topic if you want to. There'll be another one in a month or so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-03-28 10:28 ]</font>

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 28, 2005, 02:27 AM
What's more harmful to marriage? Widening the spectrum or breaking it in half?

Regarding Solstis
A. the bait is only set if you don't write "the bait is set"

B. If you felt that way, and someone flamed you for it, then I might just get a mod to lock the topic. I'm not kidding, don't flame or flamebait. State your opinion, whatever it is.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViewtifulJoe on 2005-03-27 23:30 ]</font>

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 02:28 AM
On 2005-03-27 23:26, Solstis wrote:

(and the bait is set)

This is a serious topic. Why must some people come around and do something like this. Please edit or delete your post.

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 02:30 AM
On 2005-03-27 23:28, Zelutos wrote:

On 2005-03-27 23:26, Solstis wrote:

(and the bait is set)

This is a serious topic. Why must some people come around and do something like this. Please edit or delete your post.

Zing! Someone took the bait.

Forum Search. Rants. Author: Solstis.

I could have been entirely serious. I've heard this arguement uttered a multitude of times. Technically, it's a pretty good one, seing as NO ONE deserves any rights.

They have to claim them and fight.

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 02:33 AM
Minorities rarely get any rights. And the homosexual culture is technically a minority. So, how are they supposed to get these rights, and fight to keep them? Hrmm?

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 02:38 AM
On 2005-03-27 23:33, Zelutos wrote:
Minorities rarely get any rights. And the homosexual culture is technically a minority. So, how are they supposed to get these rights, and fight to keep them? Hrmm?

I don't know.

That's the problem.

It would take a shift in society's current consciousness (thoughts, somesuch... work with me here people, I'm tired). Unfortunately, that only tends to happen after some terrible event, or series of. At least Canada, New Zealand, and a good number of European nations are on the ball.

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 02:43 AM
I hope the whole allowing gays to marry passes in Canada. Good ol' constitution...hey..if it doesn't pass, i could start a rally for people who believe the law should pass and appeal to the judicial system who would review the constitution and determine that it is in the constitution to allow the law to be passed.

Stupid government. Defy the people and you shall pay! *laughs evily*

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 02:48 AM
Eh, that was pretty much to catch the folks that will eventually come along, not having a clue what they're talking about. They will inevitably only read the first few posts, and may end up quoting me.

I can't help being mischievous sometimes.

Besides, I'm a homosexual black/korean student. How much more minority can I get? Do I have some previously undiscovered blood type too, or something?

My point was supposed to be that people shouldn't have "rights." A governing body shouldn't have to say, "Yes, you can get married, but only if you're nice." Though I'm far from a proponent of Anarchy, this is just silly.

navci
Mar 28, 2005, 03:03 AM
Can't say I didn't find Zelutos taking Solstis' bait amusing. *giggles*

Once I was at a public function. An older woman felt the need to pull me aside to express her opinion about how it is really wrong to let same-sex couple marry. (that was back when it first started that somewhere in Ottawa where the marriage was approved) Needless to say I was extremely annoyed but had to be professional and just nod and smile.

The way I see it, people who love each other and want to be united as one unit whether in their spiritual sense of financial security sense, shouldn't need anyone's permission. It should be our freedom to choose who we want to spend the rest of our lives with, and be recognized as such.

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 03:11 AM
On 2005-03-28 00:03, navinator wrote:

I thought it was mean. I didn't know he was just joking. Geeze.

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 03:15 AM
On 2005-03-28 00:11, Zelutos wrote:

I apologize for misleading you. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Evil_Althena8
Mar 28, 2005, 03:21 AM

The way I see it, people who love each other and want to be united as one unit whether in their spiritual sense of financial security sense, shouldn't need anyone's permission. It should be our freedom to choose who we want to spend the rest of our lives with, and be recognized as such.

I wholeheartedly agree. I believe love between 2 adults is universal...it has no boundaries. I truly hope one day people will be able to accept gay marriage.

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 03:26 AM
On 2005-03-28 00:15, Solstis wrote:

On 2005-03-28 00:11, Zelutos wrote:

I apologize for misleading you. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Fiend.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Mar 28, 2005, 04:30 AM
Surprising you say there are not enough rights for minorities in the US - in the UK, people complain the balance of 'rights' has swung two far in favour of minorities ("It's political correctness gone mad" etc) - mind you, most of these people's mindsets are influenced by right-wing British tabloids like the Daily Mail, which take a very negative and spiteful approach, as well as having frequent xenophobic, homophobic and racist tendencies. (Their sister paper, The London Evening Standard, put a hack outside a party celebrating the 'coming out' of gay politicians so they could gauge a response, and got it when the host - the London mayor - responded by labelling him 'a concentration camp guard' because he worked for a former nazi-sympathising paper (whose attitudes haven't exactly changed drastically) - ironically the hack revealed he was Jewish, and now the mayor is threatened with suspension from office.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AYY-BEE-CEE on 2005-03-28 01:37 ]</font>

Luis
Mar 28, 2005, 05:19 AM
Not only am I ignorant, I am an asshole about it too.

[edit: So true]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Prof_Frink on 2005-03-28 19:48 ]</font>

navci
Mar 28, 2005, 11:08 AM
On 2005-03-28 02:19, Luis wrote:
ill accept lesbian as long they are hot, not tomboys and want a male to join their party

This is where it all goes wrong.
Heard this so much, each time I hear it I want to punch that person in the face. It is a comment full of prejusdice; it is an ignorant comment; it adds nothing to the discussion except for the fact that people are idiots, which we already know.

Surprising you say there are not enough rights for minorities in the US - in the UK, people complain the balance of 'rights' has swung two far in favour of minorities ("It's political correctness gone mad" etc) - mind you, most of these people's mindsets are influenced by right-wing British tabloids like the Daily Mail, which take a very negative and spiteful approach, as well as having frequent xenophobic, homophobic and racist tendencies.

The thing is though. Think of it this way, there are always going to be places with more progress than others. However, those who have achieved some sort of progress should never, ever look at others with less progress and say "Hey, we are doing better than them and that is enough."

It is never enough. We should always look for ways to push it forward. Hence, while some places in North America might be more tolerant and have a more open-minded approach to homosexuality and marriage, (even though I'll bet you anything that there are states that holds a similar attitude as you mentioned), we aren't "there" yet. It is still good to take the question out and think about it some from time to time.

derBauer
Mar 28, 2005, 02:30 PM
Gay couples should not be allowed to marry. All the arguments for it can be aplied to adult/child love, and having more than one wife.

The world will never be equal. Get used to it.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Mar 28, 2005, 02:41 PM
On 2005-03-28 11:30, derBauer wrote:
Gay couples should not be allowed to marry. All the arguments for it can be aplied to adult/child love, and having more than one wife.

Yeah but why not?

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 02:46 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/samesexrights/

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 03:02 PM
On 2005-03-28 11:30, derBauer wrote:

Oops, I forgot to put a message text. Dadgum distracting roomates.

I don't recall too many adult/child love advocates or polygamy practicioners jumping on to the LGTQ bandwagon.

Wait... yeah... conservatives made the connection.

"It's a leftist conspiracy! A conspiracy! Next you know, people will be marrying armadillos!"

Give me a break. It shouldn't be your, or anyone's decision in the first place.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-03-28 12:05 ]</font>

BOC
Mar 28, 2005, 03:20 PM
i honestly can't see anything wrong with gay couples getting married. Two people who love each other enough to vow to spend the rest of their days together is a beautiful thing, no matter the sex of the people involved! 2 of my friends are gay, and if they said they wanted to get married to someone of the same sex, id say congrats, then ask when the stag party was! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif.

only potential problem i can see is if kids are an issue. Now im not saying that a gay couple couldn't raise kids, fact is they'd probably be much better than most straight couples (as having a child/ adopting one would be a fully thought thru decision and one made only usually if they really want it), but the kid themself.

Im no physcologist, but im sure theres some babble about kids needing both a male and female parent in order to grow up to be 'balanced'. Also, lets face it, the amount of shit the kids would have to put up with from their friends or at school.

"hahahaha your dads are fags, you must be a fag." - hmmmmm, and while it might not seem important, you all know that there can be nothing more hurtful when ur young than somebody ripping the piss outa ur folks. and considering just how easy a target a kid with gay parents would be in a school, u get the picture.

That said, id still say im in favour of gay couples raising kids. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

as for the gay culture question, it seems to be a big problem. calling something gay seems to be the only way small minded 14 year old gimps with poor vocabulary and homophobic tendancies can express their negative feelings towards something.

Their idiots usually, i say just ignore them. And no offense to any 14 year old readers. unless you happen to be gimps with poor vocab - then screw u, and go study for your upcoming english test.

PEACE!!!

Aunt_Betty
Mar 28, 2005, 05:47 PM
Gay people should marry. As long as you don't do illegal drugs, crime, molesting/raping, and pay you taxes, you may marry. Because a person should not be judged for one factor. If a gay man found a cure for cancer, would he not be rewarded and praised? Or if a gay women ended a large percent of hunger in Africa, should she be hated?

Luis
Mar 28, 2005, 05:52 PM
i dont think thats its going to be, gay people can live together without a problem, but marriage from my point of view its just for economic rights, because they are right now living together without a problem and also thats for adoption rights, our president bush is clear with that, and i do belive gay people want to married not for true love but for other stuff.

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 28, 2005, 06:35 PM
On 2005-03-28 14:52, Luis wrote:
i dont think thats its going to be, gay people can live together without a problem, but marriage from my point of view its just for economic rights, because they are right now living together without a problem and also thats for adoption rights, our president bush is clear with that, and i do belive gay people want to married not for true love but for other stuff.

Sure, they don't need to be married to love each other, but why should they be denied the financial and adoption rights? And why do reasonable conservatives (conservatives that don't discriminate against gays) not want them to marry? Often it's beacuse marriage is sacred. So, we're denying a group of people a sacred thing. There is more to them wanting to be married than finances.

We all have gotten off the topic of gay culture, but I want to bring up something. Stereotypes. In the boy scouts, gays are not allowed to become troup leaders. I figured that since a lot of evangelicals make up boy scout parents, they didn't feel comfortable with gays. My friend in the boy scouts told me, though he wasn't defending them, that many people didn't want their boys out with a man whose openly gay. He said that them off on a camping trip scared people.

This is the point I want to make. The parent would have a good arguement, but they're playing off a stereotype. That is that gay men hit on/molest any attractive male they see. Ask these people, do you molest or make sexual remarks to everyone of the opposite sex? There are gay perverts, but gay doesn't equate to pervert.

EDIT- Grammar?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ViewtifulJoe on 2005-03-28 15:37 ]</font>

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 07:46 PM
This was a PM, but let me see if I can whipe this thread from existence.

Point being that PSOW is tired of homosexuality topics (as a whole), seeing as all the people that have posted in your thread posted in all the other ones.

I guess you weren't here for the other controversial moments, so I can't really fault you for that.

I apologize for my attempts to kill your thread, but that was my instinctive reaction.

Not to mention that:

1. This is a game forum. If you want a serious discussion, it is probably best that you find a more diverse crowd elsewhere.

2. You're not going to get much of a discussion. Unless derBauer or Luis comes back with a valid point (or more valid), this is going to be a one sided topic. Dangerous 55 would probably put up a good fight, but he apparently doesn't feel like bothering... again. That is especially considering that on these boards, conservative opinions are generally shot down in seconds. Often by members such as I.

Again, I apologize if you wanted to have a serious socio-political discussion. It is very nice that you have an interest in this subject matter, but you remind me of a man in Kundera's "The Unbearable Lightness of Being."

Do you really care for the cause, or is your involvement an aloof thing? Did you invest your time in creating this thread to seek answers, to cause mental juices to flow?

Are you the sort that would stand shoulder to shoulder with other shouting persons, out of love for movements? Do you truly want to make a change out of compassion for your fellow man, or the uplifting feeling that you are doing something right? After making this thread, did you think: "I am a good person. Look what I have created for the good of those people?"

That is my question to you. Is this battle personal to you, or can you just as easily find another one to hitch a ride on?

*Smacks Zel with a rolled up newspaper*
<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-03-28 17:04 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-03-28 18:07 ]</font>

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 08:44 PM
why did you bold the word 'those'? Are you implying something?

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 28, 2005, 10:23 PM
I had no idea there were other topics.

I also expected what the answers would be, so I made it more so anyone could say what was on their mind.

I don't post it on a forum that talks about this stuff because everything I have to say has been said.

I don't go out and really support the cause now because I'm lazy beyond all (or most) belief. We were thinking of writing Robert and James, (notice the R & J, think Shakespeare) an adaptation of an over-used play, and incorporate real facts to make a play that describes the life of gay couples, or one specifically. That hasn't been put into motion yet.

It's kinda personal. I've been increasingly disgusted by the use of gay, like some guy who thinks he's funny saying "San Francisco would be the worst place to grow up, cause you'd be surrounded by fags." I also see this as being a modern day segregation, in the sense that I think we'll look back and say "I can't believe we weren't allowing them to marry." I might go into politics, and if I do, I want to be one of the ones that puts us into that mindset.

Or maybe I just post things about liberal things so everyone will agree with me, and I'll feel good about myself.

Either way, I say that since you can't bump the old ones, if you haven't seen one of these topics, and you want to post, do it.

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 10:34 PM
See how painless that was?

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 10:42 PM
I think Solly-Bear just got offended http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Let's bring up a new topic. How do you feel about homosexual people expressing their feelings to one another in public?

Dek
Mar 28, 2005, 10:42 PM
On 2005-03-28 12:20, BOC wrote:
only potential problem i can see is if kids are an issue. Now im not saying that a gay couple couldn't raise kids, fact is they'd probably be much better than most straight couples (as having a child/ adopting one would be a fully thought thru decision and one made only usually if they really want it), but the kid themself.

One word: Birdcage!

Watch the movie and you'll see that everything turns out okay in the end, even if the son was raised by Same-sex parents...

As far as the issue goes, I will just say this..

History repeats itself. In this case, it is just another act of prejudism/descrimination...

before/during/after Civil War - prejudice against African-Americans
World War II - prejudice against Japanese-Americans as well as Germans
9/11 - prejudice against Middle-eastern citizens

It's so sad to see how prejudice and discrimination gets by the law and American constitution so much.

As far as the marriage issue, I say yes because I know they won't fuck it up as much as Heterosexuals do. *cough* Britney Spears *cough*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arthas_Zero on 2005-03-28 19:43 ]</font>

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 10:47 PM
On 2005-03-28 19:42, Zelutos wrote:
I think Solly-Bear just got offended http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Let's bring up a new topic. How do you feel about homosexual people expressing their feelings to one another in public?

Don't make me carve out your soul with a penny.

I'm uncomfortable doing it myself (not like I really have many chances), but I have no problem with it.

Then again, I'm not sure how I would feel if a woman started breast feeding in a restuarant while I was enjoying food.

Eh. That's bias for ya.

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 28, 2005, 10:51 PM
Same standards. Kissing is okay depending on where you are, but like no one should breast feed in public, no one, gays or not, should get feely in public. Not to mention that even if you support gay rights, two men kissing next to you will make you feel, well, uncomfortable. >.>

Scrub
Mar 28, 2005, 10:54 PM
I'm pretty much uncomfortable with ANYBODY kissing or doing anything sexual near me. >_>

navci
Mar 28, 2005, 10:54 PM

Solly-bear? Who are you and stop trying to hit on my baby brother!

Anyway. I am all against public affection. Guy-guy, girl girl, guy-girl, guy-monkey.

Holding hands and maybe a peck is okay. Starting a super intimate kiss and start fondling is really too much. COme on. Not everyone wants to see what your underwear look like!

Solstis
Mar 28, 2005, 11:01 PM
On 2005-03-28 19:54, navinator wrote:

Anyway. I am all against public affection. Guy-guy, girl girl, guy-girl, guy-monkey.

Holding hands and maybe a peck is okay. Starting a super intimate kiss and start fondling is really too much. COme on. Not everyone wants to see what your underwear look like!

Oh, making out? I was picturing, like, holding hands.

Yeah. Bleh.

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif anwserman

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-03-28 20:16 ]</font>

anwserman
Mar 28, 2005, 11:14 PM
Oooh! A thread I can participate in.

Gays want it for the economical reasons. Yeah. Just because we're attracted to the same sex automatically makes us do it for just finanical purposes, just like being straight makes you want to marry for love. It is one of the dumbest excuses in the world - now just imagine your partner on his/her deathbed and not being able to see him at all.

Yah, that example has been used before but its the truth. Being married allows you to see a person in such a situation.

People will want to marry dogs.
Or have multiple wives!
Bullshit. I can guarentee that if a guy went to a rally for gay marriage and said that its also because he wants to marry a dog, he'd get his ass whooped. By "fairies". Psychologically thinking, it is simply an excuse to cause people to fear gay marriage because of some horrid, rediculous idea.

They can't express real love!
Yeah. We're human. Just because we're sexually aroused by a different sex then you, doesn't mean we cannot love another person. Boiled we can love as many people as we want but we get off to a different sex then the standard. Comprehende? Doesn't mean we can't love.

Solstis, don't forget you're my gay lover. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Zelutos
Mar 28, 2005, 11:18 PM
On 2005-03-28 19:54, navinator wrote:

Err, i just call him Solly-Bear because i know it bugs him http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

ViewtifulJoe
Mar 29, 2005, 02:02 AM
I've had enough of high school and kids taking each other's clothes off.

If I were gay, I wouldn't do anything in public (It'd be hard to say, but this is what I think) because i might just be afraid for my life, and because I'm a decent person, not that I would get feely now. [VJ only says this cause he can't get a date. Ha! What a loser!] Excuse me, I'm tired. *beats shit out of self.*

derBauer
Mar 29, 2005, 02:56 AM
Just because more respond supporting one side does not mean you have shot any opposing argument down. Particularly when you begin making ignorant distortions and then responding to your own ignorant distortions as if that was the argument stated.
I am still waiting for a reason for gay marriage that cannot be applied to the situations I described earlier. You only expose your own prejudices and methods of discrimination by continuing to talk about it.

Solstis
Mar 29, 2005, 03:00 AM
On 2005-03-28 23:56, derBauer wrote:
Just because more respond supporting one side does not mean you have shot any opposing argument down. Particularly when you begin making ignorant distortions and then responding to your own ignorant distortions as if that was the argument stated.
I am still waiting for a reason for gay marriage that cannot be applied to the situations I described earlier. You only expose your own prejudices and methods of discrimination by continuing to talk about it.

I love the delicious irony of your post.

Sadly, you'll probably never understand.

Zelutos
Mar 29, 2005, 03:19 AM
I just wish people could be more open minded. *sigh* Some people these days...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zelutos on 2005-03-29 00:20 ]</font>

Scrub
Mar 29, 2005, 05:37 AM
Well, being gay doesn't give you years in prison. =)

Madzozs
Mar 29, 2005, 08:59 AM
I didn't bother reading the whole topic, as my eyes hurt, but I will give a quick background to my statement:

I will not give my opinion on whether or not Gay Marriage should be legal or not.

Now that is out of the way, on to my post.

The problem that people seem to forget is that the lawmakers hate changing laws unless they will somehow profit from it. The big thing that people always overlook is the grand old sodomy laws. I may be wrong, but I believe some states still have these in tact. According to the definition of the word, by legalizing gay marriages, they are forced to change this law. Now that isn't a big deal, but as we know, the US will screw that up and it will become a huge fiasco.

On top of this, you have the possibility of making it the choice of the State. When this happens, you have all sorts of red tape. Moving from state to state will basically nullify the marriage. It will not be recognized everywhere, as well as with the Federal government. This brings on problems with taxes and such.

ABDUR101
Mar 29, 2005, 12:34 PM
The sad thing is, in my entire time on this forum, never once has a single topic about gay rights, politics or religion ever been a casual discussion and not a heated and spiteful fest of replies.

I think everyone needs a protein shot, some love, and abit less open space in their heads.

Me screwing another guy/girl doesn't have to have anything to do with love, BOOTY CALL! Me, marrying another man or woman. Fuck that, if you ask me, marriage isn't even a sacred thing anymore. The divorce rates more than speak for that, and guess what, since gay marriage isn't all that happening, it goes to all you straight people who can't deal with each other in a long-term relationship that was vowed "Till death do us part".

So when I hear someone say that gay marriage will destroy the sanctity of marriage, realise that as a bisexual, I don't even want to get married because half the straight people who went through such a sacred act, defiled the notion long before homosexuals were even allowed the right.

As for earlier statements: No, not all the arguements to adult/child love and multiple wives can be applied to gay marriage. Wanna know why? They're entirely different. Don't lump homosexuals with the same group that molest children, and if you do, you're not of the mental integrity to even try to discuss such sensitive topics. For future reference, you will not be working for the CIA at any point in time.

What mentallity are you using to compare pedophilia to two consenting males or females who want to have sex and enter a sacred union? And multiple wives, pfft. Please.

Really, all I ever see in these topics, is outlandish replies that compare homosexuality to beast-secks or referring it to roman man-boy love orgies.

Welcome to 2005! Lets all watch CNN and see whats happening with Terry Chiavo and the middle-east, whee!

Topic is going to be locked, this was the closing statement, I don't want to see another topic of this ilk for a while. Don't bother pm'ing me about it and whining, I'll block you.