PDA

View Full Version : Xbox or GC: Wich is less hacked?

cowciller
Mar 29, 2005, 12:48 AM
Hey, I recently was given a copy of PSO for Xbox, and I already own a copy of PSO for GC. I just got ready to go online on the GC. So I must make a decision : PSO for GC, or for Xbox. I already have Xbox live, so I am ready to go online with either. It really has come down to wich one has less hacks/glitches ect. So if anyone can tell me, it would be much apreciated.

Sacred_One
Mar 29, 2005, 12:51 AM
I know what's going on in GC, its dangerous to play around there and Xbox, well I have heard little rumors about hacking in it but not to severly like GC. It's really up to you.

Jebusism
Mar 29, 2005, 01:23 AM
Xbox.. really the worse thing I can think of is the hacked items, but if you play in the legit ship, you will most likly not have to wory about it. Fsod isnt really a major problem, I have played on Psox for 3 or 4 months.. and I have fsod 3 or 4 times. (Some times they were my fault for exploiting a glitch.)
And well i'm going online with Gc tommorow so we shall see how bad it is over there. (I hear its alot worse than xbox though

ulyoth
Mar 29, 2005, 02:51 AM
Its not there was a threat of something happening but it never did, i havnt been fsoded in ages.

Sarek_Ellis
Mar 29, 2005, 03:18 AM
yeah there are alot of hackers on xbox but its easy to tell who they are. It rally just depends on which one you want to be on. Personally i like xbox better than GC but thats just me. Im going to be starting a clan on here for legit players. Since not many ppl play on xbox live anymore i though it would be a good way to get all of us together. Xbox is great online but if you go to first ship Apitite you will find alot of hacks, thats why alot of clans and legits go to other ships.IM me if you wanna join the clan or anything else. Later!

SheWren
Mar 29, 2005, 06:48 AM
GC is hacked as hell on US ships...above all Vega.
Jp ships are way better: there are some hacks and dupes even among Japanese, but they are really few. I use to play on Mintaka and I have seen just one Red Ring (it was a EU player though), but FSOD can be cause by the exceeding amount on players on the same block (sometimes Mintaka 9/10 have 130 players each!!!).
If you play on US ships (and sometimes EU ones, too), expect to be FSODded by lamers all the time...
Legit players are a minority on GC nowadays; dupes are everywhere and legit trade is absolutely impossible.

Don't forget that you cannot play outside your region on Xbox though...

Corey
Mar 29, 2005, 03:03 PM
there aren't even 2 people on Vega as I speak.

And it's not in lock down either.

Only problem is W/S FSOD and if you have an AR you can use the anti and you're home free.
but JP servers really are a blast like ^ says

Sarek_Ellis
Mar 31, 2005, 03:21 AM
I think you only have to worry about the GC version being hacked more because you can't use an action reaplay on xbox to get items. Since your character is regestered to a single gamertag on xbox it can only be played on that gamertag, therefor eliminating the creating items. But there are still hacker on both GC and xbox maybe some more than the other but its up to you on this.

PatserGOUKI
Mar 31, 2005, 04:06 AM
Who cares, they are both hacked... It's up to yourself, which people you want to play with!

If you don't want to run into cheaters, you can...

PatserGOUKI

JohanCC
Apr 1, 2005, 08:38 PM
On 2005-03-29 12:03, Corey wrote:
there aren't even 2 people on Vega as I speak.

And it's not in lock down either.

Wow, what happened after I left (in September)?

TrekkiesUnite
Apr 1, 2005, 08:50 PM
Xbox is less hacked but supposedly its getting shut down. and GC the hacking craze seems to have calmed down slightly.

hoosier5x
Apr 4, 2005, 08:29 AM
On 2005-04-01 17:50, TrekkiesUnite wrote:
Xbox is less hacked but supposedly its getting shut down. and GC the hacking craze seems to have calmed down slightly.

Where did you hear the Xbox servers were getting shut down?

ALEXT
Apr 4, 2005, 01:08 PM
what exactly does FSOD mean im planning to go online soon ive been playing offline for a long time and if i want to avoid the hackers and cheaters as much as possible i think i need to know all the terms thanks