PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Lobby?!

Chibi_Neo
Mar 29, 2005, 03:52 AM
I'm rather new to being online and being played as a chump, so forgive me for asking such a newbie-esque question; what classification of 'homicidal' action is it when a lobby freezes due to a certain user? I was online, in the lobby, waiting for the final round of a tournament to commence. I sat in my Pinkal chair and watched over the lobby. I saw someone come in; he was a FOmar from what I witnessed. Wearing mostly yellow... yes... he walked to a lobby portal and faced the center of the lobby. All of a sudden, the lobby froze and a shiver went down my spine. I hadn't really experienced an Ep 3 freeze. I just know that Ep I&II freezes result in the loss of inventory, so I figured I had lost my cards. Fortunately, I didn't. Be on the lookout for a user named Burst, by the way. He had to have been the perpetrator. :<

Circio
Mar 29, 2005, 08:00 PM
What you experienced is known as FSOD. Unfortunately, people find it fun to go around FSODing people. There is nothing you can really do about it except to play your game in Japanese mode. Luckily, it has no harmful effects in Episode 3 other than the fact that it disconnects you. While this can be harmful if you are waiting for a tournament round to begin, it is otherwise a harmless, yet extremely irritating, fact of online life.

Corey
Mar 29, 2005, 10:14 PM
Burst can't do that. It was someone else, as Burst just doesn't do that stuff.

Char
Mar 30, 2005, 11:17 AM
Not having an inventory was one of the great ideas do combat against fsod. But if you happen to be saving then thats a whole other problem.
And mabye they should let you copy your character data file as far as level wise so if you fsod during a save you only lose your items and not your level.

Circio
Mar 30, 2005, 03:16 PM
Char, your suggestion also presents a problem. If Sonic Team allows you to copy your characters, consider this situation. Your good friend and PSO buddy lives down the street. You both want a Skyly and Redria (Episode 1 & 2 example). You raise a Skyly to Ult and your friend raises a Redria. Then, you just copy the characters and you each have a copy of both of them. Sonic Team definitely did not want this.

Chibi_Neo
Mar 30, 2005, 05:23 PM
On 2005-03-29 17:00, Circio wrote:
What you experienced is known as FSOD. Unfortunately, people find it fun to go around FSODing people. There is nothing you can really do about it except to play your game in Japanese mode. Luckily, it has no harmful effects in Episode 3 other than the fact that it disconnects you. While this can be harmful if you are waiting for a tournament round to begin, it is otherwise a harmless, yet extremely irritating, fact of online life.

That's what I thought it was. And hm, no wonder I see some friends of mine playing in Mintaka. It happened for the third time today, and the "your data could be damaged" message kinda scares me; I definately don't want to lose my Regulus. :<

Also, I'm almost positive Burst did it. The only other person in the lobby was idle. Unless I FSOD'd myself! Aw, snap!

dragoon-girl
Mar 30, 2005, 05:42 PM
On 2005-03-30 12:16, Circio wrote:
Char, your suggestion also presents a problem. If Sonic Team allows you to copy your characters, consider this situation. Your good friend and PSO buddy lives down the street. You both want a Skyly and Redria (Episode 1 & 2 example). You raise a Skyly to Ult and your friend raises a Redria. Then, you just copy the characters and you each have a copy of both of them. Sonic Team definitely did not want this.

And it would be a new.. and a slower way.. to dupe items ._.;

Corey
Mar 30, 2005, 11:43 PM
It's possible for a player to come into the lobby and FSOD you without you noticing them. Usually happens when someone just uses W/S FSOD before anything but the lobby loads