PDA

View Full Version : PSO ideas

Char
Mar 29, 2005, 08:59 PM
Yea I know most people have ideas on how to make a game better. And some ideas would really make a big difference. Here you can post your ideas about PSO and what might be a good idea to add in future games or the ones they have now.

I for one would like to use a Ill Gill scythe on 1 and 2. Or have sudden outbrakes in the lobbies where a boss appears and everyone in the lobby has to fight it.

Sacred_One
Mar 29, 2005, 09:02 PM
I have a couple but I think it would be best that no AR, Gameshark or any kind that may harm the Future games of PSO.

Char
Mar 29, 2005, 09:09 PM
Yea back in the day when everyone was legit it was fun to go around and then all of a sudden find a red box. And then your so excited to get a cool weapon that you think no one has. But now that all the cheating is going on its all blah. Im looking forward to the psu for ps2. Like all these great idas are going around. Mabye Sega should have an agreement thing that says you cant cheat or something. lol it would be kewl.

Char
Mar 29, 2005, 09:11 PM
I heard you can use a gun and a sword or two guns on psu and while your shooting your left gun to the left you can shoot the other gun somewhere else. And fist person view would be sweet for psu. with techniques and such.

Sacred_One
Mar 29, 2005, 09:12 PM
I wish that was true but...There is always another way to cheat anyways.

Calx
Mar 29, 2005, 09:29 PM
On 2005-03-29 18:09, Char wrote:
Mabye Sega should have an agreement thing that says you cant cheat or something.

They already kinda do. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there who simply do not know how to behave. What we really need in online games is moderators, and lots of them. So many that if you are playing for two hours, you are likely to encounter at least one. I don't see any other way to put an at least somewhat effective stop to assholeishness, cheating, hacking and general abuse.

Sacred_One
Mar 29, 2005, 09:31 PM
Weren't there something that wipes out hacking/Duping that's called Patch or something?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sacred_One on 2005-03-29 18:32 ]</font>

Dice788
Mar 29, 2005, 11:22 PM
I would like to be able to put custom designs on costumes (like flames or skulls with a paint program)

Char
Mar 30, 2005, 10:55 AM
Whoa thats a great idea. Never thought of that b4.

chibiLegolas
Mar 30, 2005, 01:58 PM
Just pointing out 2 obvious ideas EVERYONE thought of at one point or another...

Ability to mag feed in lobby.
Ability to do various character animation from lobby, and also do them within the normal game. (at least up on the ships).

Add the rest of the missing characters.
Humarl, Hunewman, ranger newman's, and perhaps a few more.

Secret costumes based on NPC's outfits.

Maridia
Mar 30, 2005, 02:15 PM
I think it would be great to have WAY more ways to customize your characters. I don't know if anyone is familiar with .hack, but I loved some of the cute little things people would be wearing. I know it was all premade, but it's so hard to make characters who REALLY look different on PSO. They're always just different colors and stuff. To make someone truely original that couldn't be confused with other people, would be great.

Notos
Mar 30, 2005, 03:04 PM
Well, if you want something truly original, then you'll need the ability to create your own model and texture. But how many people have the skill and time to do that? And not to mention the extra load to the server and clients for these extra data.

What I really want is an extra R key to give you 3 more buttons. Like the Playstation controllers.

Hmmm... HUnewm, huh? Where's that pic of the rappy man?

Char
Mar 30, 2005, 03:27 PM
Hey hey hey another idea. Instead of the constant monster hunting. Mabye you can have like jobs. Like one guy runs a shop and sells items. and he gets the items from the maker of the weapons.

Or like before you enter a city there is a checkpoint to make sure you dont bring illegal things into the town. LOL!

Notos
Mar 30, 2005, 03:32 PM
On 2005-03-30 12:27, Char wrote:
Hey hey hey another idea. Instead of the constant monster hunting. Mabye you can have like jobs. Like one guy runs a shop and sells items. and he gets the items from the maker of the weapons.

Oh, oh, oh! I know this one. Ragnarok Star Online!

Sitka
Mar 30, 2005, 03:46 PM
Personally, I think I would like totally random drops. As in, any creature in any id may drop any item at any time - like some other RPG's do. That would end the "best id" stuff and allow you to use any name you like without crying how your favorite name stuck you with a Pinkal or a Blueful id.

And I would like the ability to level beyond 200 and play some sort of ultra mode - like an entire mode of PW type rooms. Because after you've hit 200 with your favorite char......well, you know.

And, of course (you know you saw it coming): ULTRA CHALLENGE MODE TOURNAMENTS. When you've achieved a certain standard in challenge mode play, you enter elite player only tournaments with your best three mates and get ranked prizes that can only be earned that way and cannot be duped or hacked. In this idealistic scenario, there is no such thing as damage cancel. There might even be some sort of handicapping as in the best teams with the best clear times have to overcome more enemies, tougher enemies and greater challenges.

As if this game wasn't addictive enough.

digigram
Mar 30, 2005, 04:04 PM
Here is an idea I thought would be the only reason I'd come back to PSO and change systems as well.

downloading mags to GBA cart, with built in mediocre SHOP so you can refresh your item supply.

feed mags, watch them evolve, buy stuff, spare time, on the go, when at friends house or bored.

GBA mag feeding.

adamgnome104
Mar 30, 2005, 04:08 PM
I just want Puyo Pop Mags, that join together when you walk close to people. But I guess if 4 people had the same colour Puyo Pop Mags and walked by eachother then they'd dissapear. >____> Or carbuncle mags... I just hope there are Mags in PSU.

Meaky
Mar 30, 2005, 04:14 PM
Custom music tracks for xbox users and patches for xbox. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

EDIT: typo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Meaky on 2005-03-30 16:29 ]</font>

Char
Mar 30, 2005, 05:31 PM
lol i just hope people who make psu will see this.
But the perfect game is still not perfect yet. For the worst thing that can happen to a great game may come. The hackers. First we need to resolve this issue. any ideas?

Circio
Mar 30, 2005, 09:39 PM
SEGA has already taken this situation into account. Players will have separate online and offline characters. Do as you please to your offline character, but you will have no control over the fate of your online character. It will be stored on the SEGA servers to prevent people from hacking their characters. All of the data being stored on the servers means that a person would have to illegally hack into SEGA's mainframe and modify their character data from there. lol. Have fun doing that.

kazuma56
Mar 31, 2005, 04:25 AM
On 2005-03-30 11:15, Maridia wrote:
I think it would be great to have WAY more ways to customize your characters. I don't know if anyone is familiar with .hack, but I loved some of the cute little things people would be wearing. I know it was all premade, but it's so hard to make characters who REALLY look different on PSO. They're always just different colors and stuff. To make someone truely original that couldn't be confused with other people, would be great.

Well PSU is said to exceed the limited Customization that PSO has by alot, you can "tune" up every part of your character from lips to clothes to even a females bust size.

dragoon-girl
Mar 31, 2005, 08:18 AM
Just commenting on the Boss Lobby Idea.. I bet someone will come up with a code to ruin that... >_> You know.. make it apear..

What I want is a quest where something is attacking P2 O_O; ^-^

Char
Mar 31, 2005, 05:55 PM
O.o
You know I heard there were going to be ships you can get on. Is this also true?

Rubesahl
Mar 31, 2005, 06:17 PM
Well PSU is said to exceed the limited Customization that PSO has by alot, you can "tune" up every part of your character from lips to clothes to even a females bust size.

Haha, u can already adjust breast size in PSO XD not directly though http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

IDEA: Connection to PSOW forums so you can see who on the forum is online XD Think PSOW 'LIVE' lolXD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rubesahl on 2005-03-31 15:19 ]</font>

Char
Mar 31, 2005, 06:28 PM
I also heard it will be just one huge island thing. where if your on one side of the island and your friend is on the other, you have to walk to where he is. Kind of like Zelda ocarania of time where if u wanted to get to the water place u walked or used the horse.

Genoa
Mar 31, 2005, 06:54 PM
1. Saving ablilty similar to Pokemon Ruby/Saphire.... where when you have data corruption... you start off at the last place you saved BEFORE the corruption.
2. Armor unit: God/P0wns all Haxz0rz
3. More Quests for solo
4. I would like to see every possible character be created. I don't mind having only 4 Forces and having 6 Hunters and Rangers (coming from a FORCE lover). I wanna see a HUmarl, HUnewm, RAnewm, and RAnewearl.
5. Lower weapon %'s to only 50%... cause 100 is over doing it >_<

kazuma56
Mar 31, 2005, 08:45 PM
4. I would like to see every possible character be created. I don't mind having only 4 Forces and having 6 Hunters and Rangers (coming from a FORCE lover). I wanna see a HUmarl, HUnewm, RAnewm, and RAnewearl.

since PSU only shows 3 classes via pictures, it's safe to assume that the game only has 1 of each class, and you choose how to make them, so you'll be able to make that Ranewman or Humarl everybody wishes to have.

For example, you choose a human, you get a choice between male and female, you make that choice then create them and play, humans are supposedly the "balanced class" while newmans excel in magic while humanoids are good with weapons and they actually have TECHS NOW!!!! go original PS ideas http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif.

BTW I know the breast thing is in PSO but PSU offers to the ability to make the bounce or make em firm.

Arnot
Mar 31, 2005, 09:00 PM
I wish that it was a realtime MMORPG like many PC games. Open-ended, real Guilds w/ guild only quests. Full roaming/interactive world. Trade skills: Like weapon building, potion making, banks >_> etc. Of course like stated before, mag feeding in the lobbies. Also elite players at lv200 can become gamemods w/ power to ban or suspend players accounts, pending their actions.

It would be great to have actual trade camps in game where you can buy stuff, loiter, meet friends, etc.

chibiLegolas
Apr 1, 2005, 03:50 PM
Oh, I forgot an important improvement I'm sure everyone thought of...
Randomized room of each board like Champions of Norath. The same sets of maps just doesn't cut it. We gotta mix things up and have the rooms totally random. Memorizing rooms and enemy spawns are just not fun and exiting.

More downloadable or online quests with unique rewards or mini quests.

Do something more with the ability of controlling the dragon. How about the other bosses? How about a reason for doing it (other than just for kicks?)

More customizable visuals for srank weapons. Like color for example. Or free choice of any graphical weapon in the game with optional effects on them. Like the lighting effect of an evil curst (with color choices).

Or srank specific armor/shields/units?
Srank mags with special photon blasts?

Customizable looks for mags. Some mags just looks the same with their "color" varients.

chibiLegolas
Apr 1, 2005, 04:01 PM
Oh, and how about doing something more with the graphics/code of shrinking the players like in the quests?
You walk mad slow, but the stage looks fun and interesting when you're shrunken.
http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Do something more with the camera angles like in the PW quests. I want more stages in that camera angle just to mix things up. How about a special item that forces that perspective upon creating a room?

Make the various music disks (from the special items) last the entire stage/created room till you can turn it off by talking to some npc in town.

adamgnome104
Apr 1, 2005, 04:31 PM
In ep3 the morgue got attacked and you had to fight there, it would be cool if something like that happened again.

More referances to the old Phantasy Star Games would be nice, I enjoy figuring all of them out in PSO! I hope they have some in PSU!

Char
Apr 1, 2005, 10:37 PM
What I would like is more techniques.
Or! Mabye, Just mabye there can be a battle thing where say there is 16 people in a game max. Well 8 of them will be their hunter characters and the other 8 can be a monster of their choice like sinow zele. And you fight eachother and the person controlling the zele can use everything the zele can in ep 1 2.
What do you think about that?

Mitri3
Apr 2, 2005, 04:59 PM
in battle mode instead of hitting the person and always knocking them down let us do a combo of some sort.

instaed of having to buy music disk. have custom tracks that are activated whenever you use a disk.(i don't know if your talking about any pso or psu, but you never know they could release psu on xbox2. prayers.)

Zero132132
Apr 2, 2005, 06:05 PM
I think the game should have had more plot developement. I want to know HOW Dark Falz got to Ragol, or where the people from the pioneer ships come from, and how that relates to the earlier phantasy star games.

Char
Apr 2, 2005, 07:53 PM
oooo yea a background. And how the monsters get out of the ground too.

Char
Apr 3, 2005, 03:10 PM
You should also be able to create items and name em too.

Meaky
Apr 3, 2005, 09:40 PM
On 2005-04-02 16:53, Char wrote:
oooo yea a background. And how the monsters get out of the ground too.

How bout where those rappys fall from.

TheExile
Apr 5, 2005, 06:26 PM
i think it would be pretty cool if they made a pso fighting game on and off line,

Orin654
Apr 5, 2005, 08:35 PM
Definetly A "Nightmare Mode" more photon blast

Char
Apr 5, 2005, 09:02 PM
ooooo photon blasts. More photon blasts. And in battle the PB will actually hurt someone.

And they should have grenades!

Jsaun32
Apr 25, 2005, 05:40 PM
What about having mags that can fight/shoot when you attack, or be able to alter ur weapons color/appearance so it will be to ur liking (only special weapons), or more techs like something to do with the earth or wind, or have move combinations where more than one player can combinate there techs to make a powerful blast, or (using the pervious idea) where music can be changed to your liking... i got more ideas if these or good at all

Stag453
May 9, 2005, 10:12 PM
On 2005-04-25 15:40, Jsaun32 wrote:
What about having mags that can fight/shoot when you attack, or be able to alter ur weapons color/appearance so it will be to ur liking (only special weapons), or more techs like something to do with the earth or wind, or have move combinations where more than one player can combinate there techs to make a powerful blast, or (using the pervious idea) where music can be changed to your liking... i got more ideas if these or good at all

I think they should make a PSO game where it's the seven years before pioneer 2 came along so it shows everything that happened then.

Aero_Hawk
May 9, 2005, 11:43 PM
No, not a prelude to PSO thats the other eight PS games. What they need our... can't anyone guess? RAnewms! RAnewearls! HUmarls! and HUnewms! I have more ideas but can't think of em now though.

chibiLegolas
May 10, 2005, 03:03 PM
I want to get something out of the soccer lobby.
Maybe some mini quest, event item, monthy tournaments, Or maybe some status option over your head (much like the cmode ranks and battle mode ranks).

Rei-San
May 10, 2005, 03:49 PM
I think that PSO should have a better combat style. Insted of the walking and 3-stage hiting, They should have a Kingdom Hearts style fighting. Like jumping and environment interactions.

Split
May 10, 2005, 04:46 PM
On 2005-05-10 13:49, RayMaster wrote:
I think that PSO should have a better combat style. Insted of the walking and 3-stage hiting, They should have a Kingdom Hearts style fighting. Like jumping and environment interactions.

I completely agree. There should be lots of lifts like in halo 1 & 2, better graphics, running while shooting,facial expressions(BLINK, DAMNIT), and voices saying like hiya! and yah! and stuff. You should also run a lot faster and not have to start out walking before you run no matter how hard you push the control stick forward. The levels should be a lot larger and and the gc & xbox ones should have addedmini levels similar to the control tower (like " central dome living area" in the forest) to all of the ep I & II areas, as well as tacked on more levels ep II and a third level to all of the areas in epI (forest 3!) that don't already have one. that would be awesome sicksness

DarkEliteRico
May 10, 2005, 06:20 PM
On 2005-03-31 18:00, Arnot wrote:
I wish that it was a realtime MMORPG like many PC games. Open-ended, real Guilds w/ guild only quests. Full roaming/interactive world. Trade skills: Like weapon building, potion making, banks >_> etc. Of course like stated before, mag feeding in the lobbies. Also elite players at lv200 can become gamemods w/ power to ban or suspend players accounts, pending their actions.

It would be great to have actual trade camps in game where you can buy stuff, loiter, meet friends, etc.

sounds somewhat of what they were planning for True Fantasy Live......just hope they don't shitcan it AGAIN

Rei-San
May 10, 2005, 07:51 PM
On 2005-05-10 14:46, Split wrote:

I completely agree. There should be lots of lifts like in halo 1 & 2, better graphics, running while shooting,facial expressions(BLINK, DAMNIT), and voices saying like hiya! and yah! and stuff. You should also run a lot faster and not have to start out walking before you run no matter how hard you push the control stick forward. The levels should be a lot larger and and the gc & xbox ones should have addedmini levels similar to the control tower (like " central dome living area" in the forest) to all of the ep I & II areas, as well as tacked on more levels ep II and a third level to all of the areas in epI (forest 3!) that don't already have one. that would be awesome sicksness

Yeah, This is what I want PSO to be like. Please Sega, PLEASE put this style of game play in PSU! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Slace2k3
May 15, 2005, 10:01 AM
On 2005-05-10 17:51, RayMaster wrote:

On 2005-05-10 14:46, Split wrote:

Yeah, This is what I want PSO to be like. Please Sega, PLEASE put this style of game play in PSU! http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

yeah, that would be great, faster movement and combat would be fun as hell

toly369
May 17, 2005, 11:13 PM
I think the targeting thing is a little dumb. You should be able to aim by yourself. And you should be able to aim and hit 'more vulnerable' body parts to kill the monster faster. Sniping would actually be a challenge and skill then. Kind of the reason why I dislike rangers in PSO, but am a major sniper in shooting games like Halo 2.

Never_ending
May 18, 2005, 08:52 AM
The sniping thing would present a real problem for muli player and the system maybe.

Anyway they really should give the character some kind of alternate move set.

Oh I got a Katana... I'll slash it's head off instead of gutting it!

I mean can't we have a system that allow us to do alternate moves like instead of slashing with the sabre then thrusting it in can't we tear it upwards of something?

the regular saber figthing gets old and needs to see some changes once in a while.

But hey thats too much to ask I guess.

Never_ending
May 18, 2005, 08:55 AM
The sniping thing would present a real problem for muli player and the system maybe.

Anyway they really should give the character some kind of alternate move set.

Oh I got a Katana... I'll slash it's head off instead of gutting it!

I mean can't we have a system that allow us to do alternate moves like instead of slashing with the sabre then thrusting it in can't we tear it upwards of something?

the regular saber figthing gets old and needs to see some changes once in a while.

But hey thats too much to ask I guess.

PIT_pl
May 18, 2005, 09:01 AM
the best way to make this game better will be to make more thngs in that rare-box-red color. it's sooooo beautiful, so shiny and sooooooooooooo hypnotizing... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

just joking, but some cool new weapons could be fine. i'm playing PSO for 3 years offline and i wish that PSU has same honey for a long time.

(that doesn't mean, that i have high levels. my bro often gets pissed on me and he knows what is the most important thing for me... i'll kill him next time he does it to my beautifull saves... for now - lv.116 ORAN RAcast)

_Tek_
May 18, 2005, 10:26 PM
FOR PSO-BB I think they should have atleast had more textures for costumes and such, like in a future update, add more! But I can the most I can hope for is atleast a new quest per month.

RoninJoku
May 19, 2005, 04:12 AM
Let's see um...

Of course there is always: More weapons, areas, enemies, armor etc...

I like what someone was saying about customizable S-Ranks... As in color, style, effects, etc...

A spiffy jukebox that would work everywhere that you can like... win songs on... rather than just buying simple one time discs... That way they can make songs rewards for completing events and quests and such... They would have to work it out so that the jukebox wouldn't interefere with other players though... perhaps a setting to block certain songs... or to only play the song for yourself... (so your character has headphones)

They should add jumping along with more interactive environments... And of course jumping attacks too...

Customizable combo systems... With different attack styles and timings that work well against different styles of enemies... This would add alot more tactical elements, as you would have to know what attack styles worked well against what enemy types...

More techniques, skills for droids, technique/skill combo system as in PS4 and stuff...

More Photons and special photon combinations...

Shifta/Deband type spells concerning Accuracy boosts and evade boosts. Also Negative spells of the same type...

A disadvantage to shifta/deband... Yea that's right... I said it... Honestly they are alittle unfair... Maybe they could counteract each other... And then the Evade/Accuracy boost spells would do so as well...

Multiple different customizable costumes that allowed for additions/subtractions and wide color customization...

More items that refer to other classic Sega franchizes... Like a Space Channel 5 suit or something...

Some sort of Hair style customization that uses the same ideas as basic proportioning... So you can set the proportions on individual hair styles to give them a unique flair. i.e. changing the proportions of a ponytail hairstyle could lengthen or shorten the ponytail and the bangs and whatever else could be effected...

A sort of weapon building system... Kind of like S-Ranks but it would be much more of a continual effort like a mag or something...

Mag customization similar too Chao raising in Sonic Adventure games... You feed your mag certain things and it slowly mutates towards different appearances...

A user friendly chat system much like I believe BB to have... along with a nice organization of Guild Cards and other sort of friend features... Er... I don't wanna think too much into this one... They could make it nice...

A reward for making it to the final level... Perhaps since PSU and BB will be server saving... Maybe a commemorative memory card containing the data for your character that you can use in some sort of offline mode or something... Or you can just infuse it with your heart so you have your PSO character with you forever and ever... That would not only give me incentive to get to the final level... but also allow me to be happy since I won't be plagued with the sad thoughts of my character being attatched to a nonpermanent server that is completely out of my reach...

And um... well I could go on for days...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RurouniJoku on 2005-05-19 02:20 ]</font>