PDA

View Full Version : XBox: Massive Attack ver2 : Lucky Tickets?

Arnot
Mar 30, 2005, 05:46 PM
The Easter Event on Xbox this year is Massive Attack 2. At the end of the quest you recieve a number of "Lucky Tickets". What are these tickets used for, and also what happens after you get the 10,000 kills?

Hrith
Mar 30, 2005, 05:50 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/searchbb.php

Arnot
Mar 30, 2005, 06:17 PM
That doesn't help me any... I already searched this topic. I could find nothing about Massive Attack ver2 FOR THE XBOX on any thread. And the threads that do talk about MA aren't very helpful pertaining to the question I previously asked.

Mixfortune
Mar 30, 2005, 06:33 PM
Try searching for Maximum Attack, not Massive Attack.
Chances are high the ending prizes and such will be the exact same as on the GC.

http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=92543&forum=7
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=93290&forum=7

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mixfortune on 2005-03-30 15:36 ]</font>

Ryna
Mar 30, 2005, 08:06 PM
On 2005-03-30 14:46, Arnot wrote:
The Easter Event on Xbox this year is Massive Attack 2. At the end of the quest you recieve a number of "Lucky Tickets". What are these tickets used for, and also what happens after you get the 10,000 kills?

Quick question for you. Does "Massive Attack 2" take place in episode 1 or episode 2?

On the GC version, you can exchange the lucky tickets in "Beach Laughter" for points that count toward your 10,000 kill total.

After you reach 10,000 kills, you will be pronounced as a "master". When you reach this stage, try to collect to hearts from other Massive Attack masters. You will have to collect all the hearts to earn the prize.

Sitka
Mar 30, 2005, 08:21 PM
Ryna,

In looking at the posts on this topic, on the surface it appears to be a huge amount of time for a negligible prize - am I wrong or is this what it is?

Now if the prize was spectacular, it might be worth all that time and effort to collect all 12 hearts and do all the stages/quests - it just doesn't appear to be so.

You've done it. Is it worth it?

Personally, I'd rather spend my time doing some other things, but maybe I'm reading the big picture wrong.

Let me know what you, Kef and the others think about this. I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Ryna
Mar 30, 2005, 08:31 PM
On 2005-03-30 17:21, Sitka wrote:
Now if the prize was spectacular, it might be worth all that time and effort to collect all 12 hearts and do all the stages/quests - it just doesn't appear to be so.

You've done it. Is it worth it?

Actually, you have to collect 20 hearts spread over 2 Massive Attack quests.

As for the prize being worth the trouble, 5 Photon Spheres and a Black Ring seems like reasonable compensation. It is pretty much the only legit way you are going to get a set of photon spheres. I know you can get Photon Spheres from Gallons, but who has 500 spare legit photon drops? Also, the Black Ring isn't so bad. It looks nice.

As for it being a waste of time, that is subjective. It is a good way to get some exp and look for some drops on Ultimate. If you are bored from playing everything else, I'd recommend playing it.

Sitka
Mar 30, 2005, 08:45 PM
Well thanks - that's pretty good info and makes the big picture rather subjective relative to its value.

I can think of some folks looking to make uber type 0/0/100/100/50+ weapons pretty much digging the opportunity to get those spheres.

We had been told no new updates for xbox, so this throws a wrinkle in that announcement - will we get the second part of the puzzle - who knows. We got PW4, but we never got PW3.

I still think I'll spend my time trying to improve my challenge play - just personal preference.

Thanks again Ryna for the info. Still looking to try and get together with you and Kef for some runs. I'll look for you again this weekend.

Thanks.

Arnot
Mar 31, 2005, 06:18 PM
At the moment we only have the Maximum Attack on Ep1. and it will only be available till May. SO are we gonna get the second one also? If not then the 100 or so tickets I already have are pointless.

Ryna
Mar 31, 2005, 08:54 PM
On 2005-03-31 15:18, Arnot wrote:
At the moment we only have the Maximum Attack on Ep1. and it will only be available till May. SO are we gonna get the second one also? If not then the 100 or so tickets I already have are pointless.

The kills and hearts you collect from this quest are the real prizes, not the Lucky Tickets. The Lucky Tickets are only good for one specific purpose.

DarkEliteRico
Apr 1, 2005, 02:54 AM
On 2005-03-31 17:54, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-03-31 15:18, Arnot wrote:

The kills and hearts you collect from this quest are the real prizes, not the Lucky Tickets. The Lucky Tickets are only good for one specific purpose.

well what do the hearts do, i've already got two of them *confused look*

Coolest-Mum
Apr 1, 2005, 03:58 AM
Maybe these guide will help.

http://www.shadowwarriaz.com/Maxattack.htm

http://www.shadowwarriaz.com/Maxattack2.htm

http://www.shadowwarriaz.com/BeachLaughter.htm

These Guides were made from the GC ver, i dont think there will be any differnces in them though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Coolest-Mum on 2005-04-01 01:03 ]</font>

SheWren
Apr 1, 2005, 05:15 AM
Don't forget Xbox already has the Black Ring from Voice Operation...

SLON
Apr 1, 2005, 07:00 AM
Why do they make these quests so bloody obscure??

Ryna
Apr 1, 2005, 07:12 AM
On 2005-04-01 04:00, SLON wrote:
Why do they make these quests so bloody obscure??

Part of the fun is trying to figure out what the prize is going to be. I know that I would be rather disappointed if I knew all of the details for a particular quest ahead of time.

jspacemunkey
Apr 1, 2005, 07:34 AM
On 2005-04-01 04:12, Ryna wrote:
Part of the fun is trying to figure out what the prize is going to be. I know that I would be rather disappointed if I knew all of the details for a particular quest ahead of time.

exactly! usually xbox players don't get the opportunity to find out for themselves because gc gets quests in advance. since i already know what the prize is i've been trying to figure out the best routes through MA1 on my own. that way there's some dimension of challenge.

one thing: i need to go back and reread sonic team's message, but i believe the dates on there apply only to the easter stuff. the wording is just unclear. i mean, MA1 ver 2 wasn't time limited on gc, was it?

SLON
Apr 1, 2005, 07:40 AM
Knowing the prize isn't the problem; it's knowing howto get the prize. Without guides/forums most people are lost, and that doesn't encourage people to carry on playing this game.

Ryna
Apr 1, 2005, 07:55 AM
On 2005-04-01 04:40, SLON wrote:
Knowing the prize isn't the problem; it's knowing howto get the prize. Without guides/forums most people are lost, and that doesn't encourage people to carry on playing this game.

Trying to figure out how to get the prize is also part of the fun. This game is sorely lacking in the "exploration" area and anything that adds a surprise is very welcome.

Also, if you look over the old posts, you'll see that people spent weeks trying to figure out what the prize is and how to get it. This quest encourages and requires that a player cooperate with a large number of other players if he/she wants to obtain the ultimate goal. Part of that cooperation phase was the time people spent communicating and trying out various things.

Who knows, maybe the prize is different on PSOX than on GC PSO. There is only one way to find out....

DarkEliteRico
Apr 3, 2005, 02:21 AM
On 2005-04-01 04:55, Ryna wrote:

On 2005-04-01 04:40, SLON wrote:

Trying to figure out how to get the prize is also part of the fun. This game is sorely lacking in the "exploration" area and anything that adds a surprise is very welcome.

Also, if you look over the old posts, you'll see that people spent weeks trying to figure out what the prize is and how to get it. This quest encourages and requires that a player cooperate with a large number of other players if he/she wants to obtain the ultimate goal. Part of that cooperation phase was the time people spent communicating and trying out various things.

Who knows, maybe the prize is different on PSOX than on GC PSO. There is only one way to find out....

if it's going to be done over two max attack quests then i hope they get cooking on the other one soon, thus far i've got 5 hearts.....and it's a MAJOR pain in the ass pulling people away from TTF for a few hours to explore something new

jspacemunkey
Apr 3, 2005, 09:25 AM
On 2005-04-02 23:21, DarkEliteRico wrote:
if it's going to be done over two max attack quests then i hope they get cooking on the other one soon, thus far i've got 5 hearts.....and it's a MAJOR pain in the ass pulling people away from TTF for a few hours to explore something new

i'm planning to do this for six or seven characters so i can get enough photon spheres to max my main characters' best weapons. (assuming that the prize is the same, of course.) i'm kinda betting i won't be able to find enough hearts, but we'll see.

Cahill
Apr 4, 2005, 10:27 AM
I'm going to start my runs tonight. Also, is it even possible to get more than 5 Spheres? I thought the cards counted overall (didn't re-read the entire GC threads). So for example, if someone has all the cards at the end of Max Attack 2 and gets the Spheres they can't simply re-run it with another character and get 5 more, could they?

Anyway... See ya online.

Ryna
Apr 4, 2005, 11:25 AM
On 2005-04-04 08:27, Cahill wrote:
I'm going to start my runs tonight. Also, is it even possible to get more than 5 Spheres? I thought the cards counted overall (didn't re-read the entire GC threads). So for example, if someone has all the cards at the end of Max Attack 2 and gets the Spheres they can't simply re-run it with another character and get 5 more, could they?

Anyway... See ya online.

The Hearts are saved on a per-character basis. Once you finish with one character, you start doing runs with another.