PDA

View Full Version : Games that would be better with an online option

Ness
Jul 24, 2002, 10:18 AM
What games do you think would be better if you could get online with them ans well as play them offline?
Here's what I think:

Smash Bros. Melee: Think about it.. playing with people online and honing your skills with real people.

Animal Crossing: Think of traveling to someone's town 250 miles away from yours. Think of all the rare fruit and items you could get. The best of all think of all the neighbors you could have and you'd actually be able to meet the other person.

Morrowind- With as level editor the possiblities are endless.

RavenTW
Jul 24, 2002, 10:41 AM
Smash bros would definately be cool online. If they make one like that, I get dibs on Roy!

Rogue Leader: Think about it. Three of your friends out wrecking havok in the Razor rondaeavous mission, beating the crap out of the Star Destroyer, then going down and getting the Razor data.

Fusion Frenzy: Sure, it was devoleped by people who were high at the time, but an online party game would definately rock.

Gauntlet: Dark Legacy: 4 people wiping the floor with Ogre guts. Only problem is, one of you has to be the chick. Just kidding, but an online Gauntlet game would definately rule.

ABDUR101
Jul 24, 2002, 10:44 AM
The first Steel Battalion to be released on X-box. I don't want to have to wait for the second release. :

Mazarin
Jul 24, 2002, 10:48 AM
Fighting games. ANY Fighting game. Except Tekken. I get all the "chickening" I can stand online already(pun http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

Project Gotham, GT3, Sega GT...

I REALLY wish the U.S. wasn't passed over for Treasure Strike >.<

Ambrai
Jul 24, 2002, 10:49 AM
Halo and a PVP Version of Gun Valkyrie.

RavenTW
Jul 24, 2002, 10:51 AM
When Xbox Live comes out, they're gonna revise Halo and DOA3 for online play, either by an expansion disk or a brand new game that's the same thing only online capable.

Ian D
Jul 24, 2002, 11:18 AM
Just about any game online automatically makes it 5x better, but SSB:Melee would be cool, Resident Evil online would own, GTA3 would be insane online, dodging cars and random shootings. Well, you get the idea. Just about any game online is a game I'll buy.

gunome
Jul 24, 2002, 11:28 AM
Kengo:Master of Bushido

CodeName62
Jul 24, 2002, 11:37 AM
On 2002-07-24 09:18, Y0SHI wrote:
GTA3 would be insane online, dodging cars and random shootings. Well, you get the idea.

Yeah, GTA would be great online. In fact the next GTA after GTA:Vice City will be online. Right now it is called Crime Online.

Nidarrock
Jul 24, 2002, 11:40 AM
All Fighting games need an online mode. GTA would be great as well(That's gonna happen after Vice City I hear). As mush as I dont care for FPS they need online modes as well. Hell, almost anything that has a multiplayer option needs one.

rbf2000
Jul 24, 2002, 12:00 PM
Well, since I don't have a ps2, an online option would be nice for tony hawk 3 (http://members.lycos.co.uk/rbf2000/1000k.mpg) (for the GCN).

EDIT: linky

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: rbf2000 on 2002-07-24 10:45 ]</font>

Daikarin
Jul 24, 2002, 12:18 PM
Sonic Adventure 2
Power stone 2 (online mode only was possible in Japan)
Virtua Tennis
Crazy Taxi (Taxies madness!)

Rylios
Jul 24, 2002, 12:20 PM
Max Payne- See Who Really Is The Man
Metal Gear Solid - 1 play as snake other as raiden
some other but can't think now

Kent
Jul 24, 2002, 02:20 PM
Morrowind, Halo, GUNVALKYRIE, Jet Set Radio Future, Panzer Dragoon (Saga/Azel), and NiGHTS.

CodeName62
Jul 24, 2002, 02:46 PM
On 2002-07-24 10:18, New Ultimate wrote:
Crazy Taxi (Taxies madness!)

Crazi Taxi would be interesting to see online. I could see player cabbies fighting over fares.

geewj
Jul 24, 2002, 08:37 PM
Secret of Mana http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

if they could make it work without hoboing the game up.

Did anyone ever play that game with 3 people? It was hella fun that way. Thats all me and my two bros did one summer.

Shadow_Blade
Jul 24, 2002, 08:53 PM
Frogger the Atari version...*drools*