PDA

View Full Version : Forest Ultimate vs TTF Very Hard

edwinian
Mar 31, 2005, 01:26 PM
Hmm, does anyone have any opinion on which is best for experience points? Forest on Ultimate or Towards the Future on Very Hard because I'm not capable yet of completing TTF on Ultimate. It's difficult to calculate from stats. If no-one's sure I'll do a test and post the difference...

Dhylec
Mar 31, 2005, 01:35 PM
well, if you want to lv up fast..
ult will give ya more exp.. but more difficult
go as far as you can then restart, the least you should do is kill the dragon

vh is generally easier & you can go farther.. but less exp.

Tycho
Mar 31, 2005, 01:40 PM
Try to join Ult games and tag along with people. When you're solo, Ult Forest, but only if you can take it.

The_Hero
Mar 31, 2005, 02:24 PM
Usaully if I have time in the morning before school I will run a quick TTF on ULT and kill the dragon. its a quick 15-17k.

rena-ko
Mar 31, 2005, 02:28 PM
you should maybe stick to either ult foest (60k in 30min with dragon), ult fake in yellow (12k in 5 min?) or ult forest in ttf (20ish k in 5 min with dragon)...

Sitka
Mar 31, 2005, 02:33 PM
You might also look at the drop rates for your id in both VH F-R and Ult F. If you get some decent drops in Forest, then running forest over and over again might be worth it. If there is something spectacular from a Nar Lily, Hildeblue or Red Slime or some more common enemy or a boss, than VH might be worth the extra runs.

You'll get exp either way - it's just nice to pick up some decent drops along the way.

If I'm leveling, it's pretty much RT or Tower runs cuz the drops are so good.

edwinian
Apr 1, 2005, 04:17 AM
Thanks everyone, that pretty much answers it. Actually I'm a Skyly and I like the idea of picking up drops as I go so Tower sounds good, I might start doing it as so far I've only stuck to Episode 1 runs. Sorry but can someone tell me what "RT" stands for?

N.B. Apologies for the mysterious poll heading, I'm not sure how that happened.

Neith
Apr 1, 2005, 11:45 AM
RT is the abbreviation of 'Respective Tomorrow'- the Episode 2 TTF-like quest.

Sitka
Apr 1, 2005, 04:32 PM
Let's put 2 and 2 together: You're a Skyly and your picture suggest Ramarl and you're playing in Ultimate. The areas I would spend the most time running are 1) East Tower, 2) Caves, 3) Respective Tomorrow to the Gryphon and quit and 3) first part of Phantasmal World 4 and quit.

With a Ramarl and a frozen shooter, East Tower is not difficult. Shifta/deband, ranged weapon, jellen/zalure and you'll get outstanding drops over time. I like the first couple of areas of Respective Tomorrow for a little variety. The caves on Skyly ult are legendary and the first few rooms of PW4 may often give you a yamigarusu for your efforts (I've had six drop thus far).

There are quicker ways to level up, but I would clear ult Forest to open up caves and play offline quests to open up the cave quests and then have fun. Skyly has given me so many outstanding weapons including the wonderful Sange and Yasha that my hucast now plays with.

Anyway, for what it's worth, that's what I would do and did for 200 levels with my Skyly Racast.

T1K
Apr 1, 2005, 06:13 PM
run some heat sword quests if you are online, depending on your idea during your level up time you can find some better rares as opposed to VH.