PDA

View Full Version : mitch hedberg

digigram
Mar 31, 2005, 06:44 PM
Just in case anyone hasn't heard. Mitch Hedberg died last night.

Apparently from a heart attack in a hotel room in baltimore. No other details so far released.

I won't bother going into who he was, use google, i'm too tired and frustrated about it.

Solstis
Mar 31, 2005, 06:50 PM
Nooo! Not hiimmm!

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Googled a news article: http://www.wkyc.com/news/news_fullstory.asp?id=32622

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2005-03-31 15:54 ]</font>

Shadowpawn
Mar 31, 2005, 07:08 PM
From a heart attack, damn, that's a real shame.

ABDUR101
Mar 31, 2005, 08:38 PM
Wow, thats really too bad. =

Hrigg
Mar 31, 2005, 08:47 PM
I read some of his quotes and he seemed pretty funny... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Why do all funny people die? John Candy, Chris Farley and now him?

Outrider
Mar 31, 2005, 09:36 PM
Argh. That really sucks. It's too bad.

anwserman
Apr 1, 2005, 01:13 AM
On 2005-03-31 17:47, Hrigg wrote:
I read some of his quotes and he seemed pretty funny... http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Why do all funny people die? John Candy, Chris Farley and now him?

Death isn't limited to funny people. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Anyway, I've never heard of this guy. Went to the website and noticed a couple shows he's been on.

Too bad I don't watch TV.

RuneLateralus
Apr 1, 2005, 03:14 AM
Sad...definitely one of my favorite comedians.

digigram
Apr 1, 2005, 09:10 AM
He was in baltimore continuing his show dates with stephen lynch. He was supposed to perform the night of the 31st for 5 or so straight nights in baltimore.

derBauer
Apr 2, 2005, 12:42 AM
OMG!!!! Heroin is bad for you?????

Solstis
Apr 2, 2005, 03:06 AM
On 2005-04-01 21:42, derBauer wrote:
OMG!!!! Heroin is bad for you?????

I don't recall anyone posting:

"Mitch was a funny guy because he did drugs."

I would rather say: "Mitch was a funny guy that did drugs."

Oh, I'm sorry. Don't let me stop you from reveling. Trolling and being a general pain in the ass is serious business, you know.

HUnewearl_Meira
Apr 2, 2005, 03:43 AM
Scott Sobeck died from a heart attack this morning, as well.

I don't expect anyone else to know who that is, but until his death this morning, he was in charge of Construction Management on all Home Depots being built in the United States.

derBauer
Apr 2, 2005, 04:39 AM
On 2005-04-02 00:06, Solstis wrote:

Oh, I'm sorry. Don't let me stop you from reveling. Trolling and being a general pain in the ass is serious business, you know.

I'm not revelling. I just don't mourn the death of someone who dies from a heroin overdose. Especially, someone who made jokes about it.If it was a 16 year old who died doing somethiing stupid like reckless driving, i would feel sorry and mourn the loss. This was an adult that chose to participate in a deadly behavior, and should have known better.

AYY-BEE-CEE
Apr 2, 2005, 07:42 AM
Haven't heard of the guy, but I would be pretty upset if a comedian I liked died. He's obviously made people happy through comedy and I can understand it being a shame he's gone.

Blue-Hawk
Apr 2, 2005, 09:49 AM
Mitch who?
Please enlighten me as to whom this individual was.

Solstis
Apr 2, 2005, 11:44 AM
On 2005-04-02 01:39, derBauer wrote:

On 2005-04-02 00:06, Solstis wrote:

I'm not revelling. I just don't mourn the death of someone who dies from a heroin overdose. Especially, someone who made jokes about it.If it was a 16 year old who died doing somethiing stupid like reckless driving, i would feel sorry and mourn the loss. This was an adult that chose to participate in a deadly behavior, and should have known better.

Reckless driving?

http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

You refuse to mourn the death of a cocky, heroin overdosing bum of a man, I refuse to mourn the death of a kid that died because he drove like an idiot.

Oh, ouch Meira.

ABDUR101
Apr 2, 2005, 12:55 PM
On 2005-04-02 01:39, derBauer wrote:

We're more so mourning the loss of someone who entertained us. Just because he did heroine doesn't make him a bad person at all. And I'd more so mourn the loss of someone who tried to entertain and make people feel good with his jokes, than some teen who could have killed someone else because of his wrecklessness.

I can't say I mourn anyones death, I just think it sucks that someone who I'd watch and could make me laugh after a hard day at work has died, I could care less what he died from.

digigram
Apr 2, 2005, 01:44 PM
If he died because of a heroin overdose, I forgive him. But I didn't need to because he had already provided enough laughter in my life to get away with anything, short of killing someone.

Mitch has struggled for the last quarter century with drugs, so i'm not suprised by the death, but, what is saddening is that he didn't wi the struggle. I'm far more compassionate in a case like this, than some pimply faced jackass jerk with a new acura driving like a turd in some rural area because he wanted to impress some friends while driving drunk.

I actually promote that, less fucking idiots to deal with when they grow up. (50% sarcasm)

BoarDemon
Apr 2, 2005, 11:45 PM
Yeah that sucks he was one of my favorite comedians. I saw him live twice.