PDA

View Full Version : Fonewms?

Zero132132
Apr 2, 2005, 01:54 AM
I've never played the game online, so there's likely something I'm missing, but as an offline player, I don't understand why forces are generally seen as primarily support characters. My Fonewm seems to kick major ass in combat.. I'm level 64 and I can solo the ruins in Very Hard mode easily. I love this character.. with the 1.3 X bonus for ga and ra spells, my fonewm can go into a room and clear it out faster then I'd thought anything could, before I made the character. Why don't many use this class? Do the ga/ra spells suck a ton in ultimate mode? Do magic resistances increase dramatically, so that some monsters have no elemental weaknesses in ultimate mode? Why are forces viewed primary as support? I've noticed that my fonewm can hit every enemy in the room for better than what my ramar can do to one. My friend uses a hunter, and my level 64 force can still clear out a room faster then his level 71 hucast. Why don't more people take a look at fonewms? What is widely considered the best force? Just looking for some perspective on this. Thank you for your time. I guess I do have a great many questions...

Evil_Althena8
Apr 2, 2005, 02:01 AM
Well I guess Forces are considered primarily for support by Hunters and Rangers, not by themselves. Hunters and Rangers need high level techs of s/d/j/z to add extra damage to their attacks and take less damage. They need high lvl. resta so they don't die from running out of items(esp. androids). It's always nice to nuke, of course, but when it comes to playing multi-player hunters can handle the bulk of damage so you can focus on support instead of wasting your TP trying to kill every single monster.

FOnewms are OK for me. I think a lot of people don't choose them because of the way they look. Some choose them just for the way they look. They are good nuke forces, but are the worst at support. There are a lot of FOnewm fans here on PSOW, and there's a team dedicated just to the awesomeness of the FOnewm.

Zero132132
Apr 2, 2005, 02:07 AM
I guess I can understand why Forces could be seen as primarily support if there's a necessity for it online, but offline, it makes more sense for me to base everything on raw attack power, I guess. It's extremely gratifying to walk into a room, and anihilate everything in the room in a few quick shots. I usually stick to using Rafoi, Gizonde, and Gibarta, since I can usually hit the most monsters with these. Why is nuking seen as a 'waste' of MP to online folk? To me, it's just how I get the job done, and it works well.

Saiffy
Apr 2, 2005, 02:10 AM
On 2005-04-01 23:07, Zero132132 wrote:
I guess I can understand why Forces could be seen as primarily support if there's a necessity for it online, but offline, it makes more sense for me to base everything on raw attack power, I guess. It's extremely gratifying to walk into a room, and anihilate everything in the room in a few quick shots. I usually stick to using Rafoi, Gizonde, and Gibarta, since I can usually hit the most monsters with these. Why is nuking seen as a 'waste' of MP to online folk? To me, it's just how I get the job done, and it works well.

Online nukes do a lot less damage because of enemy resistances.

Also, if your spamming nukes all over the place it can cause damage cancelling for the HUs and RAs

Zero132132
Apr 2, 2005, 02:11 AM
Are enemy resistances different online?

Evil_Althena8
Apr 2, 2005, 02:18 AM
On 2005-04-01 23:11, Zero132132 wrote:
Are enemy resistances different online?

yes, they are higher

Zero132132
Apr 2, 2005, 02:22 AM
Does this apply only to magic resistances, or does it apply also to physical attacks from rangers and hunters? I've played on multiplayer with friends of mine, and monsters do seem to die slower, but I'm still quite effective. Is multiplayer much different from online mode, in terms of battle?

GyroidFanatic
Apr 2, 2005, 02:37 AM
All monster stats are higher, including HP, Defense, and all magic resistances. And if they don't want you to nuke the room, just get an early Rafoie in, and get easy EXP.

Zero132132
Apr 2, 2005, 03:15 AM
What about this team dedicated to the awesomeness of the fonewm? Any of those folks around? Might be interesting to meet with, at the very least.

RedBoxHunter
Apr 2, 2005, 03:24 AM
The team is SHOES (http://www.pso-world.com/teamcenter.php?op=viewguild&gid=434). I am not a member (I like FOmars myself), but I think you'll fit in fine.

RicoRoyal
Apr 2, 2005, 03:30 AM
Thank you for your interest in FOnewms and SHOES. We regret to inform you that at this moment, RicoRoyal is not available. If you would like to leave him a message, please do so after the tone. *bleeep*

*second bleep*

Wait... what? Which beep did we mean? Hm?

*third bleep*

Oh shit, now what the...

*fourth bleep*

*hangs up on you*

SHOES - where we should care... but don't. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Long live FOnewms.

Tycho
Apr 2, 2005, 08:41 AM
FOnewms kick offline.

But not only are the resistances in online/multiplayer higher, in Ultimate it's even worse. My FOnewearl managed to do 800 damage to a Bartle (Ultimate Booma) online using Foie, but...
You need to consider that while Forces when they level up a lot, start doing twice as much damage using techniques, Rangers and Hunters will be able to do ten times as much damage.

Sure, in Normal mode Forces obviously win. But in Ultimate mode online (especially with the help of a FO!), RAs and HUs are the ones that clear rooms fast. That's why online Forces are primarily assigned the job of supporting the rest of their team.

I'd like to see some EP2 runs in an all-FO team though, against some enemies Megid kicks ass. o.o

PJ
Apr 2, 2005, 10:24 AM
I'm up for it Tycho http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Anyways, Enemy Resistances are so low offline, casting Forces completely destroy offline mode. I've never beaten Dark Falz/Flow under level 100 (But of course, that's usually out of fear that he'll beat me easily, so I haven't actually tried), but my FOnewm finished Dark Falz in the high 80's (I was bragging about the level before, but now I can't remember http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif), and Olga Flow at 91.

All they need is the HP to survive. In Olga Flow's case, all his attacks are dodgeable, but for Falzy... >_>;;;

Zero132132
Apr 2, 2005, 10:31 AM
Are offline multiplayer and online that different? I've played multiplayer before, and the monsters are stronger... is there a large difference? Is there any difference? I've never been online. Forgive me if I ask too many questions.

PJ
Apr 2, 2005, 10:49 AM
You won't notice a huge difference between single player and multiplayer/online until Ultimate. And Forest doesn't count http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Tycho
Apr 2, 2005, 11:12 AM
On 2005-04-02 07:31, Zero132132 wrote:
Are offline multiplayer and online that different? I've played multiplayer before, and the monsters are stronger... is there a large difference? Is there any difference? I've never been online. Forgive me if I ask too many questions.

Offline multiplayer is the same as online. In Ultimate teching isn't really all that useful, high level Hunters and Rangers will do a lot more damage.

adamgnome104
Apr 2, 2005, 02:43 PM
Online, nuking everything in one room without giving people a chance to attack can be annoying though. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

But I find explosions fun. http://pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

mrdiaz
Apr 4, 2005, 01:05 PM
I made a FOnewm a while ago, because my Girlfriend found a Smoking Plate offline. Just beat Falz on Vhard at Lvl 56. Took a while, about 45 minutes. I also heard that if you cast J/Z, and another player takes out said monster, you will get as much XP as if you killed it yourself. Is this true?

Mystil
Apr 10, 2005, 01:09 AM
On 2005-04-04 11:05, mrdiaz wrote:
I made a FOnewm a while ago, because my Girlfriend found a Smoking Plate offline. Just beat Falz on Vhard at Lvl 56. Took a while, about 45 minutes. I also heard that if you cast J/Z, and another player takes out said monster, you will get as much XP as if you killed it yourself. Is this true?

No.

You will get 80% of that EXP. While the killer gets the full 100%.

3v1L19
Apr 10, 2005, 08:06 AM
I've always known how awesome they were, but they are so ugly. I never really could make myself play with one very long, just because the site of myself playing with a FOnewm, is enough to gag me. Maybe if they didn't dress like clowns, and have a huge ass. That drives me nuts..but I'm guessing I stand alone on this one..

Mystil
Apr 10, 2005, 09:53 AM
FOne + FOnewm = Serious devistation. I miss those guys. ^_^

Rubesahl
Apr 11, 2005, 10:13 AM
I've been a FOnewm player since PSO ver.1 and the game has undergoed changes that have raised the uniqueness of this class and the other FO classes. (Like shifta and other techs taken from HUs and RAs). i used to complain about my FOnewm being seen as support only. But with a good mind mag you can do pretty much anything with a FOnewm, after all if you have high tp, you can heal and dish out a good ammount of damage almost at the same time, while other characters can't. We can also freeze strong enemies (besides casts and their traps) which is a nice quality. Also the damage we do is never really too much, especially in quests like TTF, it makes things faster. Anyways recently I've switched to HUmar and RAmar in the XB ver since I've played FOnewm all my pso life lol (though I still have one, just not my main) it's just different play styles...

Stag453
May 14, 2005, 11:35 AM
On 2005-04-11 08:13, Rubesahl wrote:
I've been a FOnewm player since PSO ver.1 and the game has undergoed changes that have raised the uniqueness of this class and the other FO classes. (Like shifta and other techs taken from HUs and RAs). i used to complain about my FOnewm being seen as support only. But with a good mind mag you can do pretty much anything with a FOnewm, after all if you have high tp, you can heal and dish out a good ammount of damage almost at the same time, while other characters can't. We can also freeze strong enemies (besides casts and their traps) which is a nice quality. Also the damage we do is never really too much, especially in quests like TTF, it makes things faster. Anyways recently I've switched to HUmar and RAmar in the XB ver since I've played FOnewm all my pso life lol (though I still have one, just not my main) it's just different play styles...

Anybody got any tips on how to level up fonewms fast because i have one and it bores the crap put of me to play with it. it's lvl 18

agenevil
May 14, 2005, 02:46 PM
FOnewms are the best raw technique forces, IMO.

The best support forces are I think the FOmar and the Fonewearl. FOnewms have the nuke power, but isn't that it? I've only used FOmars and newearls.

Stag
May 14, 2005, 03:40 PM
FOnewmn is probably the best force, in my mind, they can support and do a decent amount of tech damage. Unfortunately, they do have a downfall. They have an ass bigger than J-Lo. Not to mention it doesn't look as good...

Dhylec
May 14, 2005, 03:50 PM
Stag453, this thread has been left dead for more than a month..
if you must, please make a new topic, instead of digging this up for a simple question
please don't bump topic past page 2